X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
    I don't know, but if we got him for only 5 million, I'd be stoked.
    Agreed. 5-7 Mil I would consider a terrific bit of business for you guys.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Henderson can play on the wing.

But it's beginning to look like we're not going to be playing with true wingers. Rather we'll be playing with what amounts to 2 CMs, 2 AMs, and 2 Strikers.
      I know he can but the team still needs a true wide player. Its pretty much the one thing everyone could agree on and we're neglecting it. Us playing that style kind of limits Carroll too. I know we aren't building around him but the guy has some pretty good aerial ability which we need to utilize.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

I'm not disagreeing with you. But if you look at the names of the players that we're talking about signing, they all feature in the center of the pitch. Also, don't forget that it was Joey fucking Barton that was supplying Carroll most of his balls at Newcastle, and he's no out and out winger. I think we get trapped into this, "Carroll is a big man float him up a ball", mentality.

This isn't to say we won't get a wide man, but realistically if you look at our squad and say we need a winger, then shouldn't we be after 2 wingers? Also playing 2 wingers negates our strength, either at CM or at Striker.

I want Gerrard, Raul, and Lucas on the pitch at the same time, which means we either have to play without wingers, or we have to play with only one striker.
        Oh its pretty clear now that we won't be a team who goes out wide all that often. I trust the King but it is just confusing to me how it seemed the consensus was we needed at least one guy who could offer width.

We could still have all three on the field. Suarez could play out wide and cut in, he's definitely got the dribbing skill for it and did it during the season a few times. That leaves Carroll alone up top though. And either Henderson I guess or someone else we could buy. Regardless of what we play, Lucas absolutely has to be on the field, especially if we don't get a left back and another center back.

Comment

• citizenerased
          Rugby World Cup Champion
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
          Just saw that. 5 Mil? Not a bad piece of biz that might be. Arsenal falling to pieces?
          Clichy isn't that good, wants to be paid like he is Ashley Cole or Evra though. As well as that they have Gibbs who is a stud waiting in the wings who is making noises to either play him or sell him off.

They can get more then the prices being quoted though.
          Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• citizenerased
            Rugby World Cup Champion
            • Mar 2009

Rather play Insua, but it seems since Roy shipped him off on loan for no good reason he's been forgotten about. If I was the Mackems I would've demanded him as part of the Henderson deal. Hopefully if you do sign Enrique we'll get him slipped in.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
              Clichy isn't that good, wants to be paid like he is Ashley Cole or Evra though. As well as that they have Gibbs who is a stud waiting in the wings who is making noises to either play him or sell him off.

They can get more then the prices being quoted though.
              Gibbs is the future, youre correct there, but if he is not that good, then why would teams pay more?

Comment

• Champ
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

That's good because their entire attacking force has been linked elsewhere.
                Haha if you really think we would give up all 3 to Man City.

Comment

• 1ke
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                  • Mar 2009

Holy fuckin no call in the KC and Chicago game. Clear penalty.

I really like KC's new stadium.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chubby Giangio
                    Yes.

Samp was in the Champs League, sold all their players, and got relegated. I hope Napoli doesn't fall in to the same trap, but I really doubt they keep all three

Comment

• citizenerased
                      Rugby World Cup Champion
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chubby Giangio
                      You won't have a choice in the matter. Once Citeh sends their agent a blank cheque telling them to name their salary, the selling club loses all control unless your Madrid, Barcelona or Utd.

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Where the Newcastle boys at?

Cabaye is done? Great deal by you guys. Congrats.

Next in line...the FM legend himself, Mr Demba Ba! On a free too! Cross your fingers!

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

His knee is apparently shit, but it's a free and he's a goo player. Bring in another striker, Taylor from Swansea, and an attacking winger/midfielder (Gervinho, hopefully), then it's an extremely good window.
                          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• PP
                            • Feb 2010

Good job USA losing to Panama. Hopefully that is a wakeup call.

Comment

• Rudi
                              #CyCueto
                              • Nov 2008

City is closing in on Alexis Sanchez...and potentially are going after Ronaldo. He demanded 400K a week though. Thing is, we all know City has the money. If we get Ronaldo and Sanchez, ITS OVA.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                                I literally know nothing.
                                • Jul 2009

Comment

Working...