X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Sharkweather
    Never seen Howard play this poorly, quite shocking.
    Glad someone else noticed this. While the back 4 of the USA were torn to shreds Howard didn't look comfortable at all back there. It was obvious he wasn't confident in his defense and it showed. I have played keeper my whole life and was picking apart Tim on every goal. He should have had every single one except maybe that one weird deflection. Either way USA has to get stronger in the back or they are not going to get out of the group stage at the WC. Did anyone think Freddy Adu had a strong game? He looked very good out there and obviously was frustrating Mexico since everytime he had the ball they were fouling him. Glad to see Adu coming into his own.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
      Late to the party.
      • Jun 2009

I didn't see that from Howard except on the last goal. He got beat near post on the first, but even there it's cruel to blame him. He didn't play great, but the defense should get most of the blame. Mexico is just too fast and too good for us right now.
      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

I think Tim didnt plat well, but I dont think it was on all him. 1st goal, Dynamite shot the ball from 10 yards out with pace. No chance, the second was that dumb deflection that Licaj helped with. The third goal was his worse. He should have saved that. And the fourth goal from Gio was dumb good. I blame Jermaine Jones more than I do Timmy. But what a goal.

Now, I hope Dynamite gets to leave West Ham for Lazio or Napoli like rumors said. And hopefully 'Arry was watching. He bought Gio 3 years ago, but keeps sending him out on loan. He has always been Mexico's best attacking option and will continue to get better.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

We need to give Meireles the contract he wants or close to it. I'm reading he's out because of a contract dispute. He was one of our best players last season and I really hope he somehow decides to stay.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
            Unfortunately he doesn't fit into the FSG model. He's approaching 30 and can be sold now rather than later.

Look what they did to Pedro in Boston. I like Raul, and his goal spurt aside, he's replaceable. He's not the goal threat his incredible run of form suggested last season. If he stays I'll be happy. If we sell him for a decent bit of cash I'll be happy, since it'll just go to Downing, Mata, Adam, Lovern, Clichy, or Wickham. Or hell, if the papers are to be believed, Lennon.
            Apparently the model is to overpay for young English players.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

I don't get wrapped up in the cost of the transfer. They know who they want and they'll pay what it takes to get them. As long as it doesn't weigh down the club, what difference does it make how much they spend? If it's Comolli spotting the talent, and it is, then I'm not worried. His track record speaks for itself.
              The amount of money matters in that we're over paying on English talent when you could get someone similar, perhaps better, for less.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Another goalkeeping error by the Red Bulls. I wonder if Hahnemann is a possibility?

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                  I Can Score Goals
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                  :kanyesalty:
                  What do you call a Manchester United fan with half a brain?

Gifted.

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

Hey has anyone seen this....

RIVER PLATE lost the first leg of the relegation play-off 2:0 away at Belgrano!!!

Are you fucking serious. River Plate going down? Yikes. Caught me by surprise, wondered had anyone else heard this too...

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                      • Feb 2009

I heard that River was in trouble but figured they would manage to stay up. 110 years and they are hitting the 2nd division for the first time. Sounds like they had riots afterward....

Comment

• f16harm
                        -
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                        Sounds like they had riots afterward....
                        people fucking kill me, like this shit changes anything about the outcome (just like in Vancouver).

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
                          people fucking kill me, like this shit changes anything about the outcome (just like in Vancouver).
                          I still believe that the Vancouver riots would have happened win or lose. Haven't read a lot of details about what happened with River, but I'm guessing that was closer to a true emotional outburst by a fanbase.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                            Late to the party.
                            • Jun 2009

There's a video online I watched, riot was probably not the word I would use to describe it. Maybe there were worse things I didn't see.

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

They were showing it on the news here. It didn't look like a riot.
                              I was confused with this too.

In the stadium, the lower bowl was basically empty and the upper bowl was rammed, yet they just seemed to be yelling/chanting/crying.

Then got blasted with water...for reasons I don't understand.

I did read that they had cars destroyed and burned, etc. So I guess that's what they mean, but for in stadium I don't get it. Even the youtube clip of that I saw had comments like "arrest those animals" "fuck those fans"....and I just don't get what the fuck they are talking about.

Comment

• 1ke
                                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                                • Mar 2009

Oh Oh Oh Who could it be???

Ahhhh Thats who it could be!!!!

:redsmug:

Comment

Working...