X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

I thought he was just adding detail for the sake of a longer sentence with no real hidden motive. Quit being fannies.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
      I literally know nothing.
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by heelswxman
      I didn't want to be the one to say it...
      I didn't either. Last week he posted something about if they get Sniejder and Ronaldo that it's over. All I could do was jonesy. I do understand supporting your team but it's your first season on the bandwagon.

BTW watch out for Everton, sixth place here we come.

Comment

• spiker
        Beast mode
        • Apr 2011

I'm a soccer noob too and I'll defend him in saying that it's actually kind of hard to pick an English (or European) team to follow. Americans don't have the luxury of just choosing the home team which is what we mostly do for American sports. The easiest teams to keep up with are going to be the biggest teams and you'll get that stigma of being a "front runner". On the other hand, you can follow a smaller or 2nd tier team, but it will be difficult to stay up with the team and you'd also be entering into a futile fandom.

Comment

• calgaryballer
          Tiote!
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by spiker
          I'm a soccer noob too and I'll defend him in saying that it's actually kind of hard to pick an English (or European) team to follow. Americans don't have the luxury of just choosing the home team which is what we mostly do for American sports. The easiest teams to keep up with are going to be the biggest teams and you'll get that stigma of being a "front runner". On the other hand, you can follow a smaller or 2nd tier team, but it will be difficult to stay up with the team and you'd also be entering into a futile fandom.
          I'd agree if it was any other league than the Prem. Between Sky, BBC, Guardian, team sites, fan forums, etc, anyone with half a brain can find more than their fill for any team in the Premier League. You'll also get a decent number of matches on ESPN. As an NUFC fan, I think I saw maybe 5 matches on Sportsnet/SN1 in the past season. Not great, but it's about a 7th of the season. If I had the money for Setanta or for the Premier League pass, I could see even more. Not to mention the illegal streaming options.

Sure, I'm not seeing the 10-15 matches I get for free in HD if I was a Man U fan, but fuck it, I watch those anyway because I want to see any soccer.

If someone wanted to become a Zaragoza fan, then fine, I'd agree it's going to be tough going. Google Translating newspapers loses it's lustre after the 15th mistranslated word.

Look, I'm not begruding anyone becoming a soccer fan. It was more the tone of the note 'hey, look how smart I am, I picked City before they got in to the Champions League'. If he picked Blackburn and then came back next year after they made the CL and said 'I picked them before Venky's bought them, :smugface:' then I'd bow down

Comment

• Survivor
            Sporting Spirit
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
            I'd agree if it was any other league than the Prem. Between Sky, BBC, Guardian, team sites, fan forums, etc, anyone with half a brain can find more than their fill for any team in the Premier League. You'll also get a decent number of matches on ESPN. As an NUFC fan, I think I saw maybe 5 matches on Sportsnet/SN1 in the past season. Not great, but it's about a 7th of the season. If I had the money for Setanta or for the Premier League pass, I could see even more. Not to mention the illegal streaming options.

Sure, I'm not seeing the 10-15 matches I get for free in HD if I was a Man U fan, but fuck it, I watch those anyway because I want to see any soccer.

If someone wanted to become a Zaragoza fan, then fine, I'd agree it's going to be tough going. Google Translating newspapers loses it's lustre after the 15th mistranslated word.

Look, I'm not begruding anyone becoming a soccer fan. It was more the tone of the note 'hey, look how smart I am, I picked City before they got in to the Champions League'. If he picked Blackburn and then came back next year after they made the CL and said 'I picked them before Venky's bought them, :smugface:' then I'd bow down
            I vouch for this, being a Sunderland fan since I visited the city last summer, I watched a little less than half of their games live last season and that was because I was busy, not a lack of streams. At least as a fan of a second tier EPL team, I still catch a lot of news and games.

The problem does arrive when you look elsewhere, however. Because I have a friend at college from Brasil I've adopted his team as mine, and support Fluminense as best I can, but who the hell follows Brazilian soccer and where do I catch all the news/games??? Same goes for trying to follow the Russian PL and all the rest of the European leagues to some extent. All is well tho and I'll figure out how to get my fix worldwide.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
              • Jul 2009

Everton opens up next season on the road at Tottenham.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Zapata would be FMtastic.
                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• spiker
                  Beast mode
                  • Apr 2011

Fappin Raptor -

Do you think Leighton Baines and Jack Rodwell are still with Everton by the time the summer transfer window ends? There's some big money rumored to be paid for each of these guys. I would think it'd be hard to turn down.

Who is Everton targeting to add during the transfer window? Talksport says they're competing with Bayern for some hot young J-League player.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                    Tiote!
                    • Mar 2009

Season Review Links (DVD)

For the Liverpool Fans

Man United

Arsenal

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

Not much of an MLS fan, but I need to get up to the new LIVESTRONG Park for Sporting KC. I only live about 45 minutes away from the stadium, so I figure why not. I'm hearing it's pretty nice.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
                        Not much of an MLS fan, but I need to get up to the new LIVESTRONG Park for Sporting KC. I only live about 45 minutes away from the stadium, so I figure why not. I'm hearing it's pretty nice.
                        Looks pretty damn sexy on TV.

Comment

• Swarley
                          A Special Kind of Cat
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by killgod
                          Looks pretty damn sexy on TV.
                          Yeah a few friends of mine went to it's opening match and they all loved the place.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by spiker
                            Fappin Raptor -

Do you think Leighton Baines and Jack Rodwell are still with Everton by the time the summer transfer window ends? There's some big money rumored to be paid for each of these guys. I would think it'd be hard to turn down.
                            I hope so. There was a rumor that Baines was leaving for Man City a week or two ago but it seems to have been false. I believe Jack has been quoted as saying he wants to stay. If we can sell Yakubu and Yobo there should be enough money to secure some needs. They really need a forward.

Who is Everton targeting to add during the transfer window? Talksport says they're competing with Bayern for some hot young J-League player.
                            Who are they not targeting? They've been linked with so many players but they don't have the money to get anyone but frees. They didn't even have the money to pay Demba Ba for a free (I see that he joined Newcastle). Today I read that Wes Brown turned down a move to Sunderland after Everton put in a bid for him.

List of players who have been rumored for Everton. Some have already turned them down or have been moved to another team.

Jay Bothroyd
                            Michael Owen
                            Miroslav Klose
                            Joey Barton
                            Charles N'Zogbia
                            Guy Moussi
                            Gervinho
                            Kieran Westwood
                            Steven Defour
                            Shane Long
                            Bruno Ecuele Manga
                            Demba Ba
                            Scott Dann
                            Kevin de Bruyne
                            David Vaughan
                            Charlie Adam
                            Gary Taylor-Fletcher
                            Craig Mackail-Smith
                            DJ Campbell
                            Wes Brown
                            Danny Welbeck
                            Sebastian Larsson
                            Yannick Djalo
                            Gary Woods
                            Georginio Wijnaldum
                            Jelle Vossen
                            Dedryck Boyata
                            Neil Taylor
                            Shaun Wright-Phillips
                            Sergio Canales
                            Nicolas N'Koulou
                            Chris Eagles
                            Rasmus Elm
                            Craig Bellamy

Comment

• Survivor
                              Sporting Spirit
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                              Yeah a few friends of mine went to it's opening match and they all loved the place.
                              I live in Columbia so I was thinking about going to their game against San Jose tonight but decided I'll wait a few. I might end up going to the friendly versus Newcastle next month.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                                • Jul 2009

Just saw that Everton is playing DC United on July 23rd. I must go.

Comment

Working...