X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

MLS side Toronto FC want to offer Owen Hargreaves a chance to resurrect his career. The former England midfielder is a free agent after being released by Manchester United.

i'll never attend another game until he's gone.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

i'll never attend another game until he's gone.
      Lol.... Why?

His name makes me sad. He was sooo good, and so valued. He was never replaced at United. I hope the best for him.

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
        Lol.... Why?

His name makes me sad. He was sooo good, and so valued. He was never replaced at United. I hope the best for him.
        Clearly you aren't Canadian. You do not speak the name of that traitorous fucking whore in the presence of Canadian soccer fans.

First English player to have played for them without ever living there, good for you you stupid fucking cunt.

:kanyesalty:

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

Born in Canada to a Welsh mother and an English father....Hahahaa, he was a mutt, gotta cut him some slack. Especially since he will be your best CM youve ever seen in Toronto.

Comment

• killgod
            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
            Born in Canada to a Welsh mother and an English father....Hahahaa, he was a mutt, gotta cut him some slack. Especially since he will be your best CM youve ever seen in Toronto.
            The league is much too physical, he'll be broken before this season ends.

There's little cap space in this league to take the risk.

Let him go play for Vancouver so I can fucking berate the shit out of him until I'm tossed from BMO.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
              I literally know nothing.
              • Jul 2009

Bring Owen to Everton so we can at least sign someone, fuck.

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by heelswxman
                It's the equivalent of my daughter playing the US women's soccer team and not the German national team. Just because she was born in Germany doesn't mean she's German.

KG, hate on man. But you guys would be lucky to have someone with the skills he has. Frankly I'm shocked someone like Blackburn or Wolves isn't in for him.
                We're probably going to do quite a few transfers in this window and there's plenty other options I'd be much more satisfied with.

Danny Koevermans is our top target from what I've read and would certainly give my dick a rise. We need a CF like it's going out of style. If we don't land him I believe our 2nd choice is Canadian int'l Rob Friend, who I can't stand since he's shit for our National team but does score at a pretty good rate in the 2.Bundesliga.

Comment

• 1ke
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                  • Mar 2009

It's the equivalent of my daughter playing the US women's soccer team and not the German national team. Just because she was born in Germany doesn't mean she's German.

KG, hate on man. But you guys would be lucky to have someone with the skills he has. Frankly I'm shocked someone like Blackburn or Wolves isn't in for him.
                  I think thats why he hasnt jumped at Van or Tor. He might be waiting to see if he can still play in England. Maybe West Ham? Scotty will surely leave, they'll need a DM. Like I said, just hope he plays again. He played 3 different positions (DM/FB/RM) and played them all very good in three consecutive games when United won the CL in 08.

Comment

• killgod
                    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                    • Oct 2008

Danny Koevermans?

:michaelscott:

You srs? He makes your dick rise?
                    Have you seen the quality of our strikers in our entire history?

On more note on the whore. Our only Designated Player is a DM, who makes top 10 MLS money despite playing pretty damn poor. It simply wouldn't work unless he's transferred out, which simply isn't an option at his price and form.

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

He's like 34 and played in 14 matches last season, finding the net just once. Surely you can do better.
                      He's 32 and didn't find the net because he lost his starting job.

Not so much a surprise in a league of that quality for younger players to push out the old, but this is MLS, and with minutes he could probably do some damage for the rest of this season and next.

That's about as long as I'd imagine he'd stay.

As for doing better, we're really only working with about 200-300K at most. So what the fuck are we going to do?

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

I dont get whats wrong with this???? ;)

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

I guess.

It's just slightly odd to hear you defend a potential Danny Koevermans signing and blast a Owen Hargreaves signing, when both come with MASSIVE risks.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't watch the MLS.

Edit- But I'd say he lost his starting job because he's old and garbage at this point.
                          One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I mean we have Alan Gordan, who's a journeyman MLS/NASL CF scoring at 1/6 in MLS throughout his years. Then Maicon Santos who also journeyed through some random as fuck Middle Eastern leagues before landing here, few career goals to his credit (and our captain's armband for fuck's sake).

I'll take a chance on a guy who's consistently found the net in a respectable league any day.

Although take my comments and team with a huge grain of salt, we are the easily the most dysfunctional and fucked up soccer franchise on the planet. We are not a accurate representation of MLS at all, even the NASL would be ashamed of us and if relegation existed we'd probably be there...at the bottom.

Comment

• 1ke
                            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                            • Mar 2009

Nacho Monreal -Osasuna to Malaga- £4.4m
                            Joris Mathijsen -Hamburg to Malaga-1.5m
                            Jeremy Toulalan -Lyon to Malaga- £8.8m
                            Joaquín -Valencia to Malaga- £3.4M
                            Ruud Van Nistelrooy - Hamburg to Malaga- Free Transfer
                            Martin Demichelis - Bayern Munich to Malaga- 3M

Uhhhhhhhm, did I miss something? Malaga? Champions League bound?

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

MLS managers really need to start playing Football Manager so they know who to sign.

Someone get Steve Nicol out of New England!
                              I wanted Steve Nicol in Toronto so bad!

I was hoping Paul Mariner would be able to get him up here since they used to work together in NE.

Comment

• 1ke
                                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                                • Mar 2009

Bro they've got that Qatari oil money.

I might need to fire up a game with Malaga soon.
                                Wow, Why Malaga though? Lol...

Comment

Working...