X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

He should be in the lineup this Wednesday and hopefully every match forward for the next 2 years and change. :D

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

Good tie between Argentina and Uruguay. Argentina will only lose this if they give up too many crossable free kicks though. I was scrambling to find odds on Perez getting sent off just as he walked.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Lol argentina and messi gettin blamed for this...

Comment

• Sigona
          Posts too much
          • Aug 2010

Red Bulls need to move to a 4-3-1-2. This 4-4-2 shit isn't working. Two straight games with no goals. Solli's natural position is CAM...he needs to be there taking shots. Backe is terrible. We never get subs until like the 80th minute. Agudelo looks lost out on the field. Although Rost is a fine asset in goal now that we've got him. No more stupid shit in net from Sutton or Bouna.

/Red Bulls rant.

Comment

• Champ
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

Who won the LA vs Real Madrid game?

Comment

• Chrispy
              Needs a hobby
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chubby Giangio
              Who won the LA vs Real Madrid game?
              Who do u think won?

Comment

• Chrispy
                Needs a hobby
                • Dec 2008

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

Soccer fight in the Paraguay v Brazil match. Lucas Leiva and a Paraguay player were sent off in extra time.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Comment

• Senser81
                      VSN Poster of the Year
                      • Feb 2009

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                        More in line with the recent flood/tsunami...

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

A very odd game. The US kind of blew the game a few different times. They should have had a couple goals in the first half considering how many chances they had. Japan's first goal was slop, and almost entirely the product of the US's frantic defending. I didn't think Japan played all that well, but they got the win. The US had two instances of defending for 7 minutes and winning the game, and they failed both times. My confidence that the US would win in penalty kicks was zero.

Comment

• Chrispy
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Dec 2008

Chris Mortensen - Observation from an NFL man on World Cup: "This is like having 500 yards in total offense and losing to a team with 200 yards."

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I won't say Japan is the better team. They aren't. The US didn't capitalize early and let a scrappy team hang around.

Wambach's unlucky strike off the bar not withstanding the US had enough chances inside the 8 yard area that they should have been up 2 or 3-nil at the half.

The US defense was awful. The Japanese, when they wanted to, dialed up lots of pressure and you saw that when they got down. The US couldn't hold leads. I don't know who taught them to try and clear balls back across the front of the net. It cost them one goal and nearly cost them another.

Then at a critical point they let Japan's best player in Sawa get a free run across the face of the goal on a corner. Can't let that stuff happen. The US lost focus at critical times in the match and played dumb soccer at times too.

Morgan, Wambach, Rapinoe, and O'Reilly played great. Heath played badly when she came in and turned it over too much. Lloyd was turning the ball over way to much as well.

I still say PKs are a terrible way to decide a match(It's like a basketball game being decided by a FT contest) but those are the rules so what can you do?

Comment

• killgod
                                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                                • Oct 2008

If it wasn't official already, seems to be now.

Tevez headed back to Corinthians

LONDON -- Carlos Tevez appears set to return to Brazilian club Corinthians after five years in England, with Manchester City saying a deal has been reached to sell the striker.

Despite being under contract to City for another three years, the Argentina striker said earlier this month that he wanted to leave the Premier League club after two seasons to be closer to his family.

City had been reluctant to sell Tevez and had reportedly been holding out for a 50-million-pound ($81 million) bid from Corinthians, but now a breakthrough has been reached.

"We have an agreement with Corinthians," City manager Roberto Mancini told Britain's Sky Sports TV on the Vancouver stop of City's North America tour. "But Carlos now is still a City player."

Asked whether Tevez would now be discussing personal terms with Corinthians, Mancini responded: "I don't know this. I repeat: at the moment, Carlos is still a City player."

Corinthians president Andres Sanchez responded on the club website by saying "nothing concrete" has been agreed.

Sanchez said City has sent a counter offer in which "the Premier League club asks for changes in the manner of payment and the total value of the transfer."

The statement said City is asking that Tevez give up an undisclosed sum owed to him by the club.

The 27-year-old Tevez spent two years with Corinthians, becoming the first non-Brazilian to win the league's player of the season award for 29 years, before moving to London in 2006.

After spending the season at West Ham, he joined Manchester United and won the Premier League twice before defecting to crosstown rival City.

As the Premier League's joint-top scorer last season, Tevez helped City finish third and qualify for the Champions League for the first time. He also captained the side in the FA Cup final when City won its first major title since 1976.

Comment

Working...