X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer

England obviously saw Liverpool cut United's lead to a mere point (though United still have a game in hand). Their form has been superb of late, and Gerrad has staked his claim as a quality second striker. Can they keep this form up against some of the lesser opposition? It almost seems as if Rafa has learned his lesson that he can play aggresively against lesser teams instead of sinking to their level.

What can United do though? Apparently Berbatov is injured, Ronaldo has been playing like trash, and now Rooney will be suspended. Scholes and Giggs are finally playing their age, Anderson is still mediocre, Carrick has returned to his square ball playing ways and the defence is looking lazy. Can they still win it? Certainly, they are still my favourite. But it is a hell of a lot more interesting.
    Liveerpool are absolutely on fire right now. As a UTD fan I dont mind seeing Chelsea having play them in CL. As for UTD CB....I couldnt have said it any better myself.

Ronaldo looks like he is already playing with his heart in Madrid. I was never satisfied with the Berba signing because how how he has played. That and he has put Tevez on the bench because of Fergie's favoriteism. Absolutely Anderson is still very mediocore, it looks like he is just there to run around like a nutjob at times.

I will disagree about Carrick though. I think he has been the best midfielder in the area of distribution. And as for the defense, I just think they finally met their match when they went up against El Nino. Torres just torched/schooled/worked/beat down the defense that day.

So do they have problems, hell yea, but they do have a game in hand and only one game left against the big four. Arsenal at home i think. It shall be very interesting.

Comment

• calgaryballer
      Tiote!
      • Mar 2009

The Damned United came out today in Britain I think. Stars Michael Sheen, and supposed to be very good. The guy at the Guardian said it was a very nuanced film and said it was Sheen's best performance. And considering this is a guy that was awesome in both the Queen and Frost/Nixon, that is surely high praise. I think I might actually try and score a download, because I doubt it will get a release here..

EDIT - and if you don't know, its about the 44 days Brian Clough spent at Leeds. He had been regarded as one of England's best managers, but had always worked with Peter Taylor. This time Peter Taylor didn't come (staying at Bristol or something) and Clough's eccentricites were unchecked and the work that Taylor did for him missing from the equation. Based off a book of the same name
      Last edited by calgaryballer; 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

game 2

Seattle Sounders FC vs. Real Salt Lake

Sold Out.

So the Sounders have officially filled 60,000 seats through two games.

To think, it took 10 fucking years for a team to finally be given to Seattle.

Comment

• wr50l
          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
          game 2

Seattle Sounders FC vs. Real Salt Lake

Sold Out.

So the Sounders have officially filled 60,000 seats through two games.

To think, it took 10 fucking years for a team to finally be given to Seattle.
          The crucial thing is whether they are filling seats when the newness has worn off. Do you think the fans will stick around if the club has a few difficult growth seasons?

Comment

• calgaryballer
            Tiote!
            • Mar 2009

England with a 4-0 beatdown of Slovakia

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

I'm onto Scotland-Holland

Was hoping Germany Liechenstein would be on, but can't find it

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                The Greatest
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                The crucial thing is whether they are filling seats when the newness has worn off. Do you think the fans will stick around if the club has a few difficult growth seasons?
                They've got 22,000 guaranteed sold tickets for each game for the rest of the season.

As long as the Sounders stay competitive, they'll keep the seats filled. If they take a nose dive and just blow the season, then there will be an effect on the attendance.

But, the FO is gonna try to avoid having a shitty team, as the season ticket holders vote on his job every few years. Or they can have a vote at any time, as long as 65% of the season ticket holders sign a petition.

Comment

• wr50l
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                  I'm onto Scotland-Holland

Was hoping Germany Liechenstein would be on, but can't find it
                  Lucky you. A bunch of Championship (hmmm) level shite being schooled by some of Europe's most technically gifted players.

So tell me Prodigal Son why does football appeal to Seattle? 22,000 average is higher than every team in the league other than Los Angeles. Quite impressive.

Comment

• wr50l
                    • Oct 2008

You know what, I am just sick of being a Scotland fan. We scored a goal, a perfectly legitimate goal which would've made it 2-1 and gave us a chance. But the referee must have been watching a game on the other side of Europe because he gave a foul for something which simply did not exist. The replays, no matter how fast or how slow, or from what angle you watch from show absolutely nothing other than the sight of a fucking cunt with a whistle thoroughly voiding the balance of a football match. Moments later the fucking fanny gets a decision right and Holland score from a penalty to make it 3-0.

It seems like Scotland are let down 50% of the time by poor play, and 50% of the time by referees who deserve to have their eyes plucked out, ensuring quite rightfully that they may never officiate a game again.

FML

Comment

• wr50l
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by heelswxman
                      Could be worse, you could be a Wales fan and have to listen to Craig Bellamy say after your 2-0 loss to Finland, that Finland just isn't that good and that you were the better team.
                      However Wales have rugby which they tend to be good at and care a lot more about. A sport funnily enough where Scotland also suffer from a mixture of lack of talent and terrible refereeing. Although the mix in rugby is more like 60-40 in favour of the lack of talent.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                        The Greatest
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                        Lucky you. A bunch of Championship (hmmm) level shite being schooled by some of Europe's most technically gifted players.

So tell me Prodigal Son why does football appeal to Seattle? 22,000 average is higher than every team in the league other than Los Angeles. Quite impressive.
                        It's quite the popular sport in the Northwest. A lot of people played it here as kids, and still play it. Had tons of support when the NASL was around. The Sounders are a huge part of Seattle sports history.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                          The Greatest
                          • Feb 2009

Another fucking clean sheet for Keller. 2-0. Perfection continues.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                            Tiote!
                            • Mar 2009

Thats a link to a Brian Clough documentary that aired on ITV. Supposed to be very good from what I've read

Http links for those who don't torrent

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

The Guardian looks back at all the England kits. I have to say, I saw the new ones on Saturday, and immediately wanted one. I've been waiting for an England shirt (money mainly) but with a nice sized tax return coming, I may treat myself

Comment

• calgaryballer
                                Tiote!
                                • Mar 2009

Alan Shearer is the new NUFC boss

Comment

Working...