X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
    Iraq plays the most boring brand of football ever, they had 9 guys behind the ball today against Spain, you could see Villa was pissed
    This is the template for any shit team beating a great one. If the game was open the most technical team would win every time, so Iraq has to close the middle of the park, take away room for creative play and hope they can score on a rare counter-attack.

This strategy works every so often, see Greece in Euro 2004 or Rangers' run to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008. Both predicated on stifling defence and scoring on one of the few scoring chances they got.
    Last edited by wr50l; 06-17-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• T.Dot
      A Real RockNRolla
      • Nov 2008

Guys I just wanted to know what you think of the Tottenham Hotspur's chances in the EPL this year, I was primarily just a World Cup/EURO Cup guy but I plan on watching a lot more league games, how do you think they will do?
      I'm interested to see how Keane does in his first full season back

Comment

• wr50l
        Glen & CJ are secret Huns
        • Oct 2008

Guys I just wanted to know what you think of the Tottenham Hotspur's chances in the EPL this year, I was primarily just a World Cup/EURO Cup guy but I plan on watching a lot more league games, how do you think they will do?
        In all likelihood they will be competing for one of the Europa League spots.

Comment

• calgaryballer
          Tiote!
          • Mar 2009

Top 8 right now IMO

Big Four will stay the same, Spurs will compete with Everton, Villa and Man City for the Europa spots.

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Iraq plays the most boring brand of football ever, they had 9 guys behind the ball today against Spain, you could see Villa was pissed
            They cant play open attacking football or every nation with better on ball skills would rape then a new asshole . Some teams are better of putting 10 behind the ball and hoping for a counter attack or set peice

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

Iraq did play some nice stuff in winning the Asian Cup

Comment

• davie
                Hey, relax guy!
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                Iraq did play some nice stuff in winning the Asian Cup
                Stop watching the Asian Cup. You'll only hurt yourself.

Comment

• 1ke
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                  United introduce a new purchasing policy, no one over 26 years of age

Champions have decided not to sign players aged 26 or more for big money

Basically, they need to start getting sell on fees. This reeks of being a Glazer introduced, debt reduction strategy. They are going to need some massive profits for those debts
                  I guess its not thaaat bad. I personally dont see Fergie following this, if someone is out there he wants, hell get them regardless of age. I really the the Ribery thing is more about money.

I would hate to see them go the route of Arsenal though, buying nothing but wonderkids and always having to sell them off. Thats my only fear about this.

Also, Ashley Young's name is finally being mentioned now in the rumors for Ronnys replacement. I hope those are true, please let that happen!

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

Any update on Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid?

Comment

• Archer
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                      Any update on Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid?
                      According to sky sports ... they are 99% sure its going through any day now

On other news

Zidane has spoken about how Real recognise how important it is to sign Ribery and Perez is already talking to Bayern about a deal

Barcelona have also reportedly offered Bojan , Casceras plus money for Villa . But Villa has told his agent that he will only move to Real Madrid

According to Thomas Vermaelen`s agent he has signed with Arsenal in a deal which could end up costing 10million pounds also

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Italy lost to Egypt today...Anybody watch it?

Comment

• T.Dot
                          A Real RockNRolla
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                          Italy lost to Egypt today...Anybody watch it?
                          busy as fuck today, done school after tomorrow so I'll be able to catch every match from now on, good for Egypt, from what I heard they played quite well.

BTW, North Korea qualified for the World Cup, thoughts?

Comment

• Archer
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Britrock
                            So, every game of FIFA 10 online will be played against Real then? Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery and Villa is just scary.
                            If they get all of them then yes

And i thought everybody using Man u this year was bad enough

Comment

• davie
                              Hey, relax guy!
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by archer2k407
                              If they get all of them then yes

And i thought everybody using Man u this year was bad enough
                              I'd rather play Real with all of those then have to play against faggot Man Utd.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                                Tiote!
                                • Mar 2009

Roque Santa Cruz has agreed to a 16.5 mil move to City. Not a surprise, but good business for City IMO. A reasonable fee, though he has to prove he is healthy

Comment

Working...