X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archer
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Its sad to see all these 15million+ transfers

Back in the day my team sign Shearer for a world record 15million and look at how times have moved on . Santa Cruz and co wont have half the carrer Shearer had goalswise ....

But thats how it is now .... 10years ago 15million got you the best / top 5 player in the world.... now we are talking 50million + for the best group of guys

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by archer2k407
      Its sad to see all these 15million+ transfers

Back in the day my team sign Shearer for a world record 15million and look at how times have moved on . Santa Cruz and co wont have half the carrer Shearer had goalswise ....

But thats how it is now .... 10years ago 15million got you the best / top 5 player in the world.... now we are talking 50million + for the best group of guys
      Economic inflation. Happens in the real world, too.

Comment

• Archer
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
        Economic inflation. Happens in the real world, too.
        Yup just makes me stop and think about the past thats all

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by archer2k407
          Yup just makes me stop and think about the past thats all
          I just end up looking back at past big transfers and wonder about them. Betis setting the world record to land Denilson never fails to bring a smile to my face...

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
            Late to the party.
            • Jun 2009

So, as of now the US are onto the semifinal, somehow. Did not expect a win at all today, the Brazil/Italy match doesn't surprise me too much though.
            Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Whats going on with Italy? And good for the US, although it may be ugz what Spain is bout to do to them.

Comment

• Obst
                RIP West
                • Oct 2008

Yeah it's going to be hella tough to beat Spain, but I'm just happy we made it to the semi finals.

Comment

• davie
                  Hey, relax guy!
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                  I just end up looking back at past big transfers and wonder about them. Betis setting the world record to land Denilson never fails to bring a smile to my face...
                  Warren Barton - once the world's most expensive defender. That gets me.

Is the current world's most expensive defender Rio Ferdinand?
                  Last edited by davie; 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

Davies goal against Egypt was ridiculous. Its like when you repeatedly tap the 'shoot' button when you are near the goal in a video game. Italy losing 3-0 to Brazil's backups was disgraceful, but as a Liverpool fan at least Dossena finally scored a goal. Not all that excited about the Spain-US matchup, but at least the US advanced to the knockout stage (for whatever that is worth).

Comment

• Vinsane
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by the_obst
                      Yeah it's going to be hella tough to beat Spain, but I'm just happy we made it to the semi finals.
                      I honestly don't see it happening. We can hope.

Originally posted by Senser81
                      Not all that excited about the Spain-US matchup, but at least the US advanced to the knockout stage (for whatever that is worth).
                      For what it's worth?

If your a fan of U.S. Soccer it's worth a lot. Like the WC and making the round of 16 was huge for the U.S. We're talking about that sport where the United States is often the punching bag and the brunt of a lot of bad jokes. For them to advance in the confederations cup? That's pretty big.
                      25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane

For what it's worth?

If your a fan of U.S. Soccer it's worth a lot. Like the WC and making the round of 16 was huge for the U.S. We're talking about that sport where the United States is often the punching bag and the brunt of a lot of bad jokes. For them to advance in the confederations cup? That's pretty big.
                        I thought the US actually played tough in the 2002 WC...they scored 3 goals and defeated Portugal (who was one of the favorites, the Golden Generation) and they tied Korea who ended up in the semis.

The advancement in the Confederation Cup was basically luck because the US lost badly in 2 of the 3 games. LOL at one of the US player's comments..."To advance in a group with Italy, Brazil, and the African Champions is a big deal". He couldn't even say Egypt, because it was a joke.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

For what it's worth?

Meh.

Originally posted by Senser81
                          I thought the US actually played tough in the 2002 WC...they scored 3 goals and defeated Portugal (who was one of the favorites, the Golden Generation) and they tied Korea who ended up in the semis.

The advancement in the Confederation Cup was basically luck because the US lost badly in 2 of the 3 games. LOL at one of the US player's comments..."To advance in a group with Italy, Brazil, and the African Champions is a big deal". He couldn't even say Egypt, because it was a joke.
                          I agree with Senser's comments. It's not as though the US advanced based on the great soccer they played. They got through playing badly in 2 of 3 games and advanced on a fluke IMO with Italy choking on their dick against Brazil.

Sure, give the US credit for coming out and playing inspired soccer against Egypt, but let's not make this US advance to seem more than it is....an unexpected gift.

Comment

• Vinsane
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
                            ....an unexpected gift.
                            Right I'm not calling for the revolution of U.S. Soccer and saying they're going to do anything against Spain. It's nice though, to have them advance.
                            25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Through all of this, I cant seem to fathom what happened to the Italians. They are on a steep slope down.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Right I'm not calling for the revolution of U.S. Soccer and saying they're going to do anything against Spain. It's nice though, to have them advance.
                                But it's not worth a lot to American soccer fans, as you claimed. America was lucky to advance. It wasn't as though America advanced fully on the merits of it's play. We got lucky, and we know it. There for it isn't worth a thing.

Comment

Working...