X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigHouseUSA
    Late to the party.
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
    I didn't see Zaki on the pitch, did you?
    They haven't had him all tournament yet Egypt still had two impressive results.
    Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane
      True, uninspired play through this tournament, coupled with bad play during qualifying matches means the U.S. is still the U.S. when it comes to soccer. Breaks or no breaks they played the best that they could play terrible or not, and it was enough to advance. Help or no help, they did advane. Weather or not they belong there is a mute argument at this point.
      Ok, so how does all this equte into meaning "a lot" for US Soccer fans?

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Some interesting news here.

For those who havent been following. Setanta has owed money to the Prem fro their TV rights. The Prem (FA) whoever, set a deadline to Setanta last Friday. Pay up of lose the rights to show games. They failed, and that led to this in a nutshell....

Last edited by 1ke; 06-22-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• kyhadley
          Carefree
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
          Ok... Big deal here. well I think so at least.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5901
          sweet!!

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

The fact that the Italian coach referred to the Confeds cup as a "warm up excercise" says it all

The importance placed on this tourney isint much at all . Still fun to watch while club football is done i guess

Not trying to knock the USA or anything but i just find it hard to see a confeds win over Egypt without their best 3 players as a huge step or huge moment

Good win and all but you know
            Last edited by Archer; 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Vinsane
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
              Ok, so how does all this equte into meaning "a lot" for US Soccer fans?
              As followers we still get to watch our team take on Spain. We (hopefully) get to watch them advance in a tournament. I'm excited to watch another match.
              25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• T.Dot
                A Real RockNRolla
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by archer2k407
                The fact that the Italian coach referred to the Confeds cup as a "warm up excercise" says it all

The importance placed on this tourney isint much at all . Still fun to watch while club football is done i guess
                Arch havent you ever heard of an excuse, this was a prime example of one, Italy still had a scuad better than the Egyptians and Americans and probably top 10 in the world in this tournament, they just couldnt get it done

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by T.Dot
                  Arch havent you ever heard of an excuse, this was a prime example of one, Italy still had a scuad better than the Egyptians and Americans and probably top 10 in the world in this tournament, they just couldnt get it done
                  Of course its somewhat of an excuse but its true

It wasnt long ago that teams wernt even sending full strength teams to this shit

Comment

• Vinsane
                    • Nov 2008

I know I'm defending U.S. Soccer and saying "good job".

At the same time I get what your saying. "They (The U.S.) are beating scrubs".

Sorry, I get just as giddy as you do when your team wins one.

You forget, our Futbol. Is spelled "Football".

Not a big accomplishment by any means when you compare it to the rest of the world, and the bigger picture (The World Cup). A win is a win and I as a U.S. Soccer fan am glad I get to see another round of Soccer.
                    25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• wr50l
                      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                      Some interesting news here.

For those who havent been following. Setanta has owed money to the Prem fro their TV rights. The Prem (FA) whoever, set a deadline to Setanta last Friday. Pay up of lose the rights to show games. They failed, and that led to this in a nutshell....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5901
                      Sorry guys but I don't think this effects you lot in the US. This is a domestic package of games and not international media rights.

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Oh....i guess i should read articles...lol

still news though

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

The Setanta US package doesn't end until the end of next season, from what I've heard the three main bidders are FSC, ESPN, and Setanta US again.
                          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                            Tiote!
                            • Mar 2009

I subscribe to Setanta Canada Online, and they had this to say
                            As has been widely reported in various media channels, Setanta Sports has had its agreement to broadcast 46 Barclays Premier League matches in the UK terminated.

This development does not affect our channels and other services in Canada.

Setanta Sports Canada is a separate operation that has separate agreement to show the Barclay’s Premier League. Our channel and other services in Canada continue to broadcast and our subscribers can still enjoy our programming including the Lions Tour of South Africa and the Churchill Cup.

New customers are welcome to subscribe to watch some of the world’s best soccer and rugby either by contacting our cable and satellite partners or online at www.setanta.com.

We thank you for your continued interest in Setanta Sports and look forward to bringing you a wealth of sport over the coming months and years.

Comment

• wr50l
                              Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                              • Oct 2008

Setanta UK has gone into Administration and ceased broadcasting today, Setanta Ireland and Setanta International are still fully operational. You guys outside the UK don't need to worry about losing Setanta at all.

I'm wondering who's going to get the rights to show the SPL, presumably the BBC. And I'm hoping I don't lose out on UFC and Boxing to the pay-per-view channels.

Comment

• Archer
                                Go the fuck outside
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
                                Setanta UK has gone into Administration and ceased broadcasting today, Setanta Ireland and Setanta International are still fully operational. You guys outside the UK don't need to worry about losing Setanta at all.

I'm wondering who's going to get the rights to show the SPL, presumably the BBC. And I'm hoping I don't lose out on UFC and Boxing to the pay-per-view channels.
                                Yeah im espically worried about the boxing fights that they show regularly . It really was the home of boxing on UK television

Comment

Working...