X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by archer2k407
    Have fun with his ass playing 10 games a season and offering nothing to the team at all.

He might actually score some goals seeing as Man Utd can create him some chances i guess .
    Lol, i would just hate to see them rely on Danny Welback so soon. Maybe Manucho comes back and plays more too though.

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
      Lol, i would just hate to see them rely on Danny Welback so soon. Maybe Manucho comes back and plays more too though.
      Yeah hes way better than them two , im just a bitter Newcastle fan lol

Plus there is no hiding from the fact that hes injury prone and adds NOTHING to a team outside of finishing a chance that is created for him.

Comment

• wr50l
        Glen & CJ are secret Huns
        • Oct 2008

adds NOTHING to a team outside of finishing a chance that is created for him.
        I've heard you can make quite a living out of that ability. :shot:

Comment

• Archer
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
          I've heard you can make quite a living out of that ability. :shot:
          You cant make the England team doing that

Ask Cappello . His biggest knock on Owen is that he offers nothing to the team at all

His finishing for Newcastle wasnt even good near the end to be honest

Jose Mourinho also dislikes that kind of striker . Seems like all the top coaches have something against it?

Comment

• wr50l
            Glen & CJ are secret Huns
            • Oct 2008

Seems like Ferguson doesn't since he's just gone and signed him. Let's not forget Ruud's short but successful spell at United. ;)

Comment

• Archer
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
              Seems like Ferguson doesn't since he's just gone and signed him. Let's not forget Ruud's short but successful spell at United. ;)
              Ferguson can have him . I would have paid him to leave us a year ago .

And Ruud still showed in his last season that he is deadly infront of goal (His last season of being healthy , not last season where he got crippled) . Owen missed a ton of chances for us in the latter half of the season . Its sad when you struggle at the one thing you are good at

Like i said though , he should do ok at man u considering they can keep creating plenty of chances for him
              Last edited by Archer; 07-03-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• 1ke
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                • Mar 2009

Yeah hes way better than them two , im just a bitter Newcastle fan lol

Plus there is no hiding from the fact that hes injury prone and adds NOTHING to a team outside of finishing a chance that is created for him.
                Oh absolutely. I cant disagree with that. If he signs, just gotta hope for the best, and let Wazza do all the work for Owen to finish. For Wayne, it wont be any different than all the times he set up Ronny.

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                  Oh absolutely. I cant disagree with that. If he signs, just gotta hope for the best, and let Wazza do all the work for Owen to finish. For Wayne, it wont be any different than all the times he set up Ronny.
                  Yeah good point . Hes going to get alot more chances than at any point in his carrer probably at Man Utd . And its not like they arent used to a lazy player or two

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

Oh, and on a sidenote, the new Utd uniforms are butt ugly. I wanna see the away and third before I fully judge though.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                      Late to the party.
                      • Jun 2009

Owen should be a good signing, he'll come on as a sub or start every few games. Will get more chances made for him, and as long as he has somewhat of his finishing back, which he hasn't had in the last few months, then he should be fine.
                      Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                      If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Just dont know why they went with that style. They took a step back, back to the 06 WC

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Now looking at the website and Utd making it official. I think its good, and Im less worried about his injury problems because of how much hell be playing. He still has some skill, and would make sense as a third striker. Tevez/Berbatov are too good for that role, Owen is not.

Although im still also sticking to what I said earlier.

Comment

• davie
                            Hey, relax guy!
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by budbarrybob

Seriously???
                            Yea, apparently he's a footballer. I know, it's fucked.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Says the guy who had Rolando Bianchi on his list of top strikers in the world....

Comment

• davie
                                Hey, relax guy!
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                                Says the guy who had Rolando Bianchi on his list of top strikers in the world....
                                He wasn't in my real top 10. He wasn't in my Italian only top 10. He was in noteworthy mentions of Italian strikers.

Comment

Working...