X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davie
    Hey, relax guy!
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
    Agreed. I think Eto'o is world-class and his style fits in well with Barcelona. I don't know why they are always trying to replace him. Henry was great at Arsenal, but he's a notch below Eto'o when it comes to playing at Barca.

Zlatan is like a mad genius of soccer. He plays on his own terms. I've seen him in international games for Sweden where he dribbles the ball into the corner, performs some tricks, then tries to blast the ball into the net from an impossible angle. He is also lazy, which is fine for a league like Serie A (where Adrian Mutu can excel for years) but won't work at Barcelona.
    Mutu ran more than anyone while he played for Chelsea. He worked his coked-up, Romanian balls off.

I wouldn't say Zlatan is a genius. I think he's just inconsistent (he scores vs. the likes of Lecce, not vs. CL calibre teams).

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
      Agreed. I think Eto'o is world-class and his style fits in well with Barcelona. I don't know why they are always trying to replace him. Henry was great at Arsenal, but he's a notch below Eto'o when it comes to playing at Barca.

Zlatan is like a mad genius of soccer. He plays on his own terms. I've seen him in international games for Sweden where he dribbles the ball into the corner, performs some tricks, then tries to blast the ball into the net from an impossible angle. He is also lazy, which is fine for a league like Serie A (where Adrian Mutu can excel for years) but won't work at Barcelona.
      Eto'o isint well liked in the locker room at Barca supposedly . Hes a bit of an awkward character , they always have to keep him happy or risk him flying of the handle and throwing a baby tantrum . Judging by how he plays sometimes I can see this to be true but hes still better than Zlatan in my mind and the constant threat of being sold is hardly going to make an immature whiner feel any better about himself

Barca unlike most big teams seem to hate any player with an enlarged ego , but I think in Eto's case they should get over it . Aslong as you keep playing him week in week out he scores goals and works hard .

This has been an on-going saga between Laporta , Eto'o and the fans for years now . One minutes its "hes gone in the next deadline" then its "we love him and want him to re-sign" doesnt seem like anybody can make their mind up .

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Apparently, Eto'o said he wants 10 mil per season for the deal to be done. Thats alot of cash.
        Chelsea want Mirko Vucinic. I like him. But I dont know why they would chase him after signing Zurkov too.

But my favorite....Man City lost to the Orlando Pirates...lol I know its pre-season, but I dont care, I just want to rub it in their face.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Bye Adebayor.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Lets go Canada in the Gold Cup today! I think they can get it done against Honduras.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              Bye Adebayor.
              Papa, you mad/upset/could care less he is gone?

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                The Greatest
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ivan Lector
                The World Football Challenge starts tomorrow, with some other European-American club friendlies going on today and tomorrow, also. Chelsea play the Seattle Microsofts in an hour and a half, on ESPN 2. Should be a fun game, seeing Ancelotti's tactics.
                Do you even cheer for an MLS team, or do you prefer to cheer for teams from watching Champions League games who you have no connection or roots with?

Comment

• calgaryballer
                  Tiote!
                  • Mar 2009

Some HLs for you guys, stolen from Maxxed. Some from ESPN Deportes (or maybe a Spain ESPN?) has been focusing on Madrid a lot since the big deals. Some from RMTV too

Ronaldo Top 10
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=2AX7YOP8"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Kaka Top 10
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=STEXFLQ3"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Real Top 10 Deals
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=QEPCEIM1"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Best Ronaldo Plays
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=BC9ZDCYN"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Iker Casillas Plays
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=0GGGXWNA"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Kaka Best Plays
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=FHP1J9AH"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Real Madrid Top 10 Goals
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=DONRPS4O"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

La Liga Top 10 Goals
                  [ame="http://megavideo.com/?v=ATDLLCLB"]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

All in Spanish, but whateves

Comment

• davie
                    Hey, relax guy!
                    • Oct 2008

^^ Only watched top 10 goals of each player. Preferred Kaka's.

Comment

• davie
                      Hey, relax guy!
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                      Apparently, Eto'o said he wants 10 mil per season for the deal to be done. Thats alot of cash.
                      Chelsea want Mirko Vucinic. I like him. But I dont know why they would chase him after signing Zurkov too.

But my favorite....Man City lost to the Orlando Pirates...lol I know its pre-season, but I dont care, I just want to rub it in their face.
                      Isn't Zhirkov an attacking midfielder?

Vucinic is a hold up player/striker.

Comment

• Archer
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by davie

Nah , Zhirkov is purely left sided , left wing , left back , left wing back . He seems to be rare in the fact that he can be good in defense when asked to be and good in attack when also asked upon

These new signings are hardly showing much ambition from Chelsea though lol

Sturridge , Khirkov , Turnbull and possibly Vucinic

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by davie

I didnt think Vucinic played much as striker. Thats why I was confused. Chelsae's midfield is already congested. If he is a striker purely though, then I guess it cant be that bad.

Comment

• davie
                            Hey, relax guy!
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                            I didnt think Vucinic played much as striker. Thats why I was confused. Chelsae's midfield is already congested. If he is a striker purely though, then I guess it cant be that bad.
                            That's where he played for Lecce, and I think the same for his part-time Roma role.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

New Getafe shirts

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

LOL @ putting the King on the inside for goal celebrations.

Comment

Working...