X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by davie
    Settle down. I don't wish to argue with someone who enjoys watching terrible football. I'm happy to watch quality and would think of my time as wasted if I sat around watching Belgian league internet coverage games.

I was just curious as to how much time you've spent badly judging a terrible player (let's face it, Rafa rarely gets it right). Since Liverpool look like they're finishing outside of the top 4 and I'm such a football snob, I'll just have to assume you're wrong
    You sweat Italy! That whatever they call it between Milan and Livorno is soooo much to gloat about. Or maybe Inter beating evryone's ass in Italy and then getting ousted in the KO rounds of CL is considered not wasting time?

Oh and CB....Alex Wietsel = THE GOODS! And I think Liverpool's problem is more depth related. Im pretty sure Milan Jovanovic wont hurt, just not sure how much of a impact he would have.

Originally posted by heelswxman
    Thanks man, I just got back from an "undisclosed location".

Here's to hoping the Gunners can pull it off this year. If we can't win it all I'd rather see you guys walk away with the title instead of Chelski or Manure.

Good to have you back, hope all went well!
    Last edited by 1ke; 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

L-O-L

Comment

• davie
        Hey, relax guy!
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
        You sweat Italy! That whatever they call it between Milan and Livorno is soooo much to gloat about. Or maybe Inter beating evryone's ass in Italy and then getting ousted in the KO rounds of CL is considered not wasting time?
        Who was gloating about a 1-1 draw, other than Livorno fans? You should be careful with Milan - Man Utd's first leg on the 16th. Milan are clear underdogs and expected to lose, but the last two times these teams have met in the knockout stages ...

Inter rarely perform well in europe (I mean real europe = Champions League, not shitty goalline refs cup). The last time I recall them doing well was losing to Milan in the 2005 semi final? They're hardly dominant though, Jose Mourinho has won one title and is on his way to a second, just through being consistent. I'm sure I've been over this before but Mancini was given one, then 'won' his second (on the last day of the season) while Juventus were in Serie B and Milan started on -8points.

What a cunt this guy is!
        That is unbelievably helpful. Thanks for your valuable input. Who are you? Another one of these football geniuses who watch a lot of awful shit and claim that makes them knowledgeable?

Comment

• Tearz49ers
          • Nov 2008

Thanks man, I just got back from an "undisclosed location".

Here's to hoping the Gunners can pull it off this year. If we can't win it all I'd rather see you guys walk away with the title instead of Chelski or Manure.
          How did Arsenal get on over the weekend against this so called Manure?
          Last edited by Tearz49ers; 02-05-2010, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
            Late to the party.
            • Jun 2009

Woah, woah Heels, I've been contributing to this thread since 2005, no mention?
            Originally posted by mgoblue2290
            If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

Looks like Terry has lost the England captaincy.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Oh shit, man I completely whiffed on including you. I think it's because you're a member of the Toon army.
                Understandable.

I've also read the first 15 pages of Soccernomics on break at work, it looked pretty good. My friend bought it, but I don't think he's really attempted to read it yet.

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

I see they bumped Rio to captain and Gerrard to vice captain. I'd rather see Gerrard as captain, obviously, but whatever.

You guys should read Soccernomics. In the first 15 pages, they give a brilliant explanation of why England won't win the WC, and more importantly why they're just not as good as the Germans, French, or Spaniards.
                  I didn't read it but I would love to know the reason to why the French are better than England right now . I may take a look just for that part
                  Last edited by Archer; 02-05-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Archer
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

Newcastle already up 3-0 on Cardiff

Comment

• Archer
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

5-1 win . Carroll and Lovenkrands get two each

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

^^^ Speaking of Football Manager.....Did any of the boys like FM 10. I almost forgot how addicting this shit was. Last time I played 09, my wife was being induced for what would be a very lengthy delivery this past summer. FM 09 saved my life that day. I like 10 alot, pretty much the same thing, just a bit updated. But almost forgot what it was like. CRACKHEAD STUFF!

As far as JT goes, shitty move but its no different than a big time athlete here in the states getting busted. Its news for a day, and move on. If they are gonna make Rio the Captain though, they better hope that he is fit. This is by far the worst I have ever seen him. Not to mention they are going the captaincy to a guy who like an idiot smacked Fagan(I think).

Comment

• Archer
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

I remember watching lovenkrands at Schalke and was surprised to find Newcastle take him last year. He is absolute shite on FM! All pace and no finishing or technical skills.
                          That pretty much sums him up but sadly he is better than Caroll or Ranger . Ameobi and Lovenkrands would be the best strikeforce for the championship imo

Comment

• 1ke
                            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Archer
                            That pretty much sums him up but sadly he is better than Caroll or Ranger . Ameobi and Lovenkrands would be the best strikeforce for the championship imo
                            Is Shola hurt? Why did I think he got hurt and has been out a while?

Comment

• Archer
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                              Is Shola hurt? Why did I think he got hurt and has been out a while?
                              Yeah he was out for a month then came back then got hurt again

It's all shits and giggles when Shola is involved

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                                Late to the party.
                                • Jun 2009

Loven needs to play more, and the who fuck did Carroll think he was? Was able to listen to the game, and just caught the highlights on Fox soccer Report, only time I've seen them on TV in any form this season.

Routledge sounds like he'll make a huge impression for the rest of the season, hopefully we can start pulling away.

Comment

Working...