X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davie
    Hey, relax guy!
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by houtz
    Now I understand why so many people love the sport of futbol. Just got back from the Union/Earthquakes game and despite losing it was easily the best experience I've ever had at a sporting event. I was in the supporter's section so I guess it doesn't get any better then that but it was simply amazing.

I WILL have season tickets for next year.
    That and it's a simple game - not too many rules and really cheap to play since you only need a ball + somewhere you can call a goal.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by davie
      That and it's a simple game - not too many rules and really cheap to play since you only need a ball + somewhere you can call a goal.
      How dare you forget..Ginga...Its thee BEAUTIFUL game

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Still the best gif ever....El Nino taken off and Stevie G doesnt know why either...lol

Comment

• davie
          Hey, relax guy!
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
          How dare you forget..Ginga...Its thee BEAUTIFUL game
          Ginga? WTF is Ginga?

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Its a word the Brazilians use to describe the beautiful game and everything in it.

Beauty. Heart. Skill. Weapons.....

"Man, you can't just play football. You've got to have the sway" - Robinho
            Thats Ginga

Check this....

Last edited by 1ke; 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• citizenerased
              Rugby World Cup Champion
              • Mar 2009

Personally I think we have a 2003 BCS split championship situation here.

Spain may have won the Championship game, but New Zealand are still undefeated. I expect the trophy in the mail any day now.
              Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

What a horrible Final. Ick! Blame to go all around. Netherlands played like thugs. Spain spent most of the game diving. Webb gave out a plethora of yellow cards, yet blew every big call. De Jong's kick to the chest should have been a straight red, Robben should have been given a PK when Puyol grabbed him on the breakaway, and can anyone believe Mark Van Bommel played the rest of the 1st half, the entire 2nd half, and extra time with 1 yellow card and never received a second yellow?

Comment

• Archer
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Mark Van Bommel somehow avoided getting a red for the whole tourney. I counted at least three different games where he deserved one.

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

I was impressed by Van Bommel, not for quality or anything....but for not being sent off.

ya that sucked, The Dutch wanted nothing to do with Spain, and just tried beating them up.

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

Did anyone else lol at Effen saying the word - Kung Fu Kick...lmao

Comment

• davie
                        Hey, relax guy!
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
                        Its a word the Brazilians use to describe the beautiful game and everything in it.

Beauty. Heart. Skill. Weapons.....

Thats Ginga

Check this....

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/...ike_soccer.asp
                        I hope you're joking.

As for the final - it was shit. Spain throughout the tournament were the best side, but that's what happens when everyone else sucks balls. Arjen Robben was credited for staying on his feet after Puyol tried to molest him but he only ended up making it easy for Casillas and this was after he'd missed an easier 1 on 1, showing he's truly Dutch (especially after his non-appearance in the Champions League final).
                        Last edited by davie; 07-12-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

It was announced that Diego Forlan won the equivalent of the World Cup MVP. I'm glad he won it...he was everywhere for Uruguay. Most of his goals were of the spectacular variety.

Comment

• wr50l
                            Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                            It was announced that Diego Forlan won the equivalent of the World Cup MVP. I'm glad he won it...he was everywhere for Uruguay. Most of his goals were of the spectacular variety.
                            The only player who could strike the ball from game 1 onwards.

I agree with davie about Spain being the best throughout the tournament. I don't think there was one team who played against them with any attacking purpose with the exception of Chile who got pumped. Everyone else sat back and were almost content to lose by one goal. Germany were the only other team who put together a great run but even they couldn't go all out against Spain.
                            Last edited by wr50l; 07-12-2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                              Late to the party.
                              • Jun 2009

I was hoping the Dutch would pull it off, but van Bommel and De Jong are pitiful excuses for footballers. Holy shit.

Good decision giving it to Forlan, he definitely deserved it the most.
                              Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                              If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• davie
                                Hey, relax guy!
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
                                The only player who could strike the ball from game 1 onwards.

I agree with davie about Spain being the best throughout the tournament. I don't think there was one team who played against them with any attacking purpose with the exception of Chile who got pumped. Everyone else sat back and were almost content to lose by one goal. Germany were the only other team who put together a great run but even they couldn't go all out against Spain.
                                If only Chile were more clinical with those chances in the first 15mins, Spain would have been castrated and lost.

Germany had a good tournament, they did deserve to lose to Spain but they were the better team in every other game they played.

Comment

Working...