X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

South Africa is a shit hole, the World Cup (or any other major world sporting event) should never go to Africa again.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
      I literally know nothing.
      • Jul 2009

Queens Park Rangers played a friendly today against Tavistock AFC and won pretty easily 8-0. This is my first season I'll be following an English team and QPR just caught my eye and I love their jerseys.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

Looks like Freddie Ljungberg is done in Seattle. Held out of the last game because of a phantom injury, and his locker has been moved to another part of the locker room.

Peace out bitch.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
          Late to the party.
          • Jun 2009

Michael Bradley linked with Blackpool, and even mentioned with Everton, Liverpool, and WHam. If he ends up going to a club like Blackpool or West Ham, I'll be pretty annoyed Newcastle didn't make a bid.

Also, Bob Bradley linked with the Fulham job, doubt he gets it as Sven and Hitzfeld are also linked, and if one of them wants the job I'm sure they'll get it. Still, great to see an American coach linked abroad.
          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Archer
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

We just picked up Dan Gosling today which gives us another midfielder

I really think we need to start looking at a forward or defender before Michael Bradley

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
              Late to the party.
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Archer
              We just picked up Dan Gosling today which gives us another midfielder

I really think we need to start looking at a forward or defender before Michael Bradley
              Probably why we wont go after him, but if we could try and sell Smith (I know, I know), then pick him up would be perfect. Gosling will be out for 3 months, that's a good enough excuse to sign Bradley for me.

:heart:
              Originally posted by mgoblue2290
              If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• Archer
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Henry signed for the Red Bulls today

I don't think he has much left at this point but it should still be a decent move for the MLS

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                  • Jul 2009

Another impressive 6-0 friendly win for QPR over Bodmin Town.

Comment

• Archer
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

Bodmin Town play in the South West Peninsula League.

What the fuck is the South West Peninsula League?

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Archer
                      Bodmin Town play in the South West Peninsula League.

What the fuck is the South West Peninsula League?
                      I think it's the 11th league down? I googled it yesterday. These aren't top teams they're playing but it's still a nice win.

Comment

• Champ
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Oct 2008

Fuck David Trezqgayfag

Comment

• PP
                          • Feb 2010

Tierry Henry will be joining RedBUll New York this Summer. I am absolutely going to go into the city and go watch this world class player live.

Comment

• PP
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by heelswxman
                            Unfortunately he's no longer world class.
                            You are smoking crack. He is 32. He still has a few years left in him and hes going to dick on MLS defenders.

Comment

• Archer
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PP
                              You are smoking crack. He is 32. He still has a few years left in him and hes going to dick on MLS defenders.
                              32 [about to turn 33 next month] is usually a good 2-4 years past your prime. He played very few games for Barca and they even chose to use a left back upfront instead of him at one point. France also had him sitting on the bench for the majority of the world cup

In the few games he managed to play last year, his legs appeared to be gone.

He might be able to destroy some MLS defenders but he is far from world class at this point in his career.
                              Last edited by Archer; 07-15-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Archer
                                Go the fuck outside
                                • Oct 2008

Aston Villa and England striker Emile Heskey has announced his retirement from international football after collecting 62 caps and scoring seven goals over an 11-year career for his country.

The 32-year-old cut an unpopular figure with some supporters during his time with the Three Lions, but travelled to the 2002 and 2010 World Cups, the European Championships in 2000 and also 2004.

As the target man for England, he mainly partnered Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney up-front in his international appearances.

In an official statement released to the media today, Heskey said: "I've enjoyed every moment of my England career and worn the shirt with pride every time I've been fortunate enough to have been selected.

"I'd like to thank every manager I've played under, everyone at the Football Association and the fans for all their support over the years.

"I wish the management team and the playing squad all the best for the future."

The former Leicester City, Liverpool, Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic centre-forward was given his first call-up to the England squad by Glenn Hoddle for the friendly against the Czech Republic in November 18, 1998. He had to wait, however, until April 28, 1999 to make his debut against Hungary under Kevin Keegan.

His final display for his country came in the 4-1 second round humiliation at the hands of Germany at World Cup 2010 on June 27, when he was controversially thrown on as a substitute in the 71st minute.

Probably about 5 years too late.

Comment

Working...