X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Guess who scored for Mexico this afternoon...? \/ that guy!!!

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Hey this is for all the guys who couldnt figure out what team they wanted to latch on to this season.

Its only for England though.....

Comment

• T.Dot
        A Real RockNRolla
        • Nov 2008

I'm gonna miss the Spurs opener v Man City at White Hart Lane
        hopefully we can get a win to start the season and I'm happy we're getting one of the fixtures vs Man City out of the way early as pretty sure they'll be better towards the end of the season than to the start when they have barely even played together yet

Comment

• davie
          Hey, relax guy!
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wingsfan77
          I know it seems like I only talk about Le Toux in this thread...but damn he had a ridiculous one-touch flick off of a throw-in to set up Mwanga's goal tonight
          I haven't seen it but I'm sure if you watched a good league then you'd see similar every week ... or better defending.

Comment

• wingsfan77
            • Aug 2009

I'm sure I would, which is why I'm excited for the Premier League to start on Saturday

Comment

• Prodigal Son
              The Greatest
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
              Hey this is for all the guys who couldnt figure out what team they wanted to latch on to this season.

Its only for England though.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/p...can-sports-fan
              Here's one for the MLS

Comment

• guchi45
                I'm better than Woy
                • Feb 2009

MLS sucks.

Comment

• wingsfan77
                  • Aug 2009

So I understand how promotion and demotion work with the EPL, but could someone briefly explain all the different Cups that I see mentioned?

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

^^ Like which ones....League Cup and F.A. Cup?

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                      I literally know nothing.
                      • Jul 2009

I'm pumped for the season to get started.

Everton FTW!

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
                        So I understand how promotion and demotion work with the EPL, but could someone briefly explain all the different Cups that I see mentioned?
                        FA Cup - all clubs that are in the Football League/Premier League are eligible. Teams from the next 6 levels (Blue Square - > Counties Division) are also eligible assuming they have played in another FA competition previously and have an OK stadium. Oldest cup comp in the world

Carling Cup - all clubs in the Football League and Premier League are eligible to play. A second tier cup, you'll see a lot of kids and second teams in this one

Champions League - 'Champions' of all European leagues qualify for this cup. In England, the first four teams qualify

Europa League - the second level of European comp, for England teams 5-7 qualify.

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

Why wasnt MLS on ESPN tonight....I thought it was every thursday or somethin.

Ugh....Stadiums and a better set schedule will help them out TV wise at least IMO...

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                            The Greatest
                            • Feb 2009

no games tonight. I believe the NFL might have let them know ahead of time. They try to work as much as possible with the NFL because they know they would get killed.

Supposedly the MLS might leave ESPN and go to Versus, who would give them a much bigger deal.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

I wouldnt mind that, as more games would be on....I think they can do that, if they keep their deal with FSC.

But, as sad as it is....ESPN is very powerful and have much too much influence on the sports world.

So stay, and dont get as much run as you should on the biggest network in the world. Or go to a smaller still unknown network and get (i assume) much more TV time.

HmmmmmI dont know...

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                                The Greatest
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
                                I wouldnt mind that, as more games would be on....I think they can do that, if they keep their deal with FSC.

But, as sad as it is....ESPN is very powerful and have much too much influence on the sports world.

So stay, and dont get as much run as you should on the biggest network in the world. Or go to a smaller still unknown network and get (i assume) much more TV time.

HmmmmmI dont know...
                                More TV time and more money. Honestly, the money is the issue.

Comment

Working...