X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigHouseUSA
    Late to the party.
    • Jun 2009

I have talked up Donovan, and no one else.
    Originally posted by mgoblue2290
    If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• davie
      Hey, relax guy!
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
      Then who was it bitching that Howard didn't get a fair chance at Man Utd?

(genuine question, I cba to check back through the thread)

Comment

• davie
        Hey, relax guy!
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
        Makes sense, since I too consider Michael Bradley a no one.

Comment

• Archer
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Time to get our first win tomorrow

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
            Late to the party.
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by davie
            Then who was it bitching that Howard didn't get a fair chance at Man Utd?

(genuine question, I cba to check back through the thread)
            Remember it, but not sure who it was.

Originally posted by davie
            Makes sense, since I too consider Michael Bradley a no one.
            I think the only thing I've said about him is wanting him to sign for Newcastle. When it comes to Michael though, that's more of just an heterosexual man crush that involves me jerking him constantly.

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

That was Prod....but I think he was just more misinformed.

The Meryeside(sp) keepers sure did earn their paychecks though. Kirkland was shit, and Carson was bad too, but his walls were even worse.

The Mirror had Wazza being doubtful cuz of a hamstring. The Mirror = credible?

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Liverpool really isn't much different this year than last year. Ngog playing up front? Check. Lucas seeing the field during a tight game against a big opponent? Check. Glen Johnson doing everything but playing defense? Check. Steven Gerrard making 5 bad tackles per 1 good play? Check.

I thought Ngog did ok, and his goal was easily his best play ever, but they can't rely on him all year (again). Liverpool is limited defensively, and they aren't a good "possession" team, either. The passing wasn't very good...it seemed like every third pass was a turnover. I felt bad for Reina, but Liverpool was lucky to get a 1-1 draw. No idea why Arsene Wenger left Rosicky on the bench until the very end, he is Arsenal's smartest player. He carved up Liverpool's back line.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

I don't think anyone ever informed Glen Johnson he plays defense.

Comment

• Archer
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

Pretty much what I was expecting in our first game

Can't say i'm not a little worried about the backline for future games

Comment

• T.Dot
                      A Real RockNRolla
                      • Nov 2008

Man U dominated the game today, I liked what I saw from Nani, I could see him developing into a star this year.
                      Newcastle's keeper made a couple good saves though so gotta give him props for that in a game no one really thought they could win @ Old Trafford

Stoked for the Spurs game next week which I can actually watch

Also just saw Brad Jones is moving to Liverpool from Middlesborough for 2 million pounds, is Hodgson already wanting Reina out?

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                        Late to the party.
                        • Jun 2009

Not really much else can be expected from Newcastle, I think we showed some signs of promise, and Carroll really should've buried that header, other than that he was easily our best player.

Man Utd weren't particular good either, the score really should've been 1-0 or 0-0, all three of the goals were soft and terrible errors by the defense. If you're going to sit back, at least learn how to clear. Fortunately those things can be worked on, this team should be good enough to stay up, especially if we sign Ben Arfa.

Originally posted by T.Dot
                        Also just saw Brad Jones is moving to Liverpool from Middlesborough for 2 million pounds, is Hodgson already wanting Reina out?
                        No. They need a backup.

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

House is right United were sloppy today, but good for them Newcastle were worse.

It took United a good 25-30 minutes before they settled in, and even from there they were still sloppy. I thought Wazza was pretty bad today too. He is trying to hard, I have always measured how good he was form wise by his passing. When he is himself, his passing is pin point. Today, he wasnt looking to pass and put people into space, he was just being dumb. He couldnt even create his own space all game.

And why doesnt anyone on Newcastle pass? There were numerous times where an extra pass was all that was needed for a good chance to develop, but they just held the ball. Silly turnovers cost Newcastle this game.

Berba looked good today, Nani was decent, Valenica was shit, Scholes was Scholes, and Fletcher just ran around and pushed people. The back four was a bit loose, but not too bad, and Van Der Sar was steady. Good first game, but they need to improve, and im sure they will. Oh and the Chicharito goal streak ended today.... But he looked lively, movement was good, touch was ok, and made the right decision, and led to the third and final goal.

Comment

• davie
                            Hey, relax guy!
                            • Oct 2008

Fuck Spurs, I'm glad Young Boys have a lead to defend. I hope Tottenham go out.

Comment

• citizenerased
                              Rugby World Cup Champion
                              • Mar 2009

Well, surprise, Ashley fucked up the chance to sign a young, current French international midfielder to replace the likes of Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan and give us some actual creativity, but he was too cheap to pay what was an already ridiciously low price.

And surprise surprise, there's still a line of cocktards on Newcastle-online lining up to blow him. Fuck his fat blubbery arse and fuck that forum.
                              Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Champ
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Oct 2008

Boom Roasted

Comment

Working...