X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Hmm. Looks like we need to bust out the Warner Scale..

-Would I fuck her? - of course. duh.

-Would I walk the mall with her, hand in hand? - leaning towards no.

-Would I walk the mall with her, hand in hand, several hours from where I live? - yes, if I felt the end game was sex.

-Relationship? - not unless she could really cook, watched sports, and was total freak in the bedroom.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

She'd fuck you in the ass with a strap on lets put it that way.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Oh, forgot to say that Ambrose needs to stop wrestling Kane. Three terrible matches in a row.

Kane, the momentum killer.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Kane has never had a good match...ever.

He could be in a four way match with Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Bret Hart and it'd be the drizzling shits.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Glad they featured JYD prominently on the cover. Jim Ross probably made sure.

So...Daniel Bryan/Triple H blowup. Work or shoot?

Here are two credible reporters:

F4W
              Originally posted by Bryan Alvarez
              Daniel Bryan was injured in his match with Randy Orton last night and the finish was essentially a shoot as they stopped a match that Daniel was scheduled to win. The story online that he suffered a stinger is legit. WWE has added the storyline that he went backstage and had a huge argument with HHH about the match being stopped, with him saying he'd worked through plenty of injuries in his career and Hunter took away his biggest-ever win.
              PWI
              Originally posted by Mike Johnson
              The two got into a loud argument over it. The argument went down in the gorilla position with a lot of eyeballs on it and people were shocked because Bryan is generally soft spoken and good natured and he was standing up to one of the most powerful men in the company.

Bryan complained that he's worked all over the world and has worked hurt and knows when he can still go and when he cannot. Triple H's argument was that they were protecting Bryan and they don't want anyone working hurt. Obviously, the company sees something major in Bryan and wants him ready for his push.

The two eventually apologized to each other.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Both Alvarez and Johnson are throwing a lot of extra into those reports.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

RE: The BFG Series in response to the podcast...

I agree with Joe about Jay Bradley...I'd put my foot in the water instead of going all-in. I'd have him start off like...4-0, 5-0...killing everyone with the boomstick. Then maybe have guys catch on to it and reverse it...if he starts getting over, go all of the way with it...if not, you can put him back into obscurity, but the fast start might help get him over.

He's also a guy with no real affiliation...he's not some TNA stalwart, he's not Aces n 8's, so you can get some matches out of him early...say...against Kaz, Daniels, Hernandez, Joseph Park...where he just kills people with the lariat and all of a sudden he's 4-0 and we can see if he's got some juice to him. Then if he does, you have him get a big win...say against...Aries or Roode or something. If he doesn't get over...you can just have him start losing to the other talents that will surely be at the top of the thing.
                  Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

RE: Prince Devitt to WWE (or, LOL, TNA)

Interesting discussion going on over on the observer board. I'll copy/paste the highlights:

The first time I ever met (or for that matter heard of) Devitt was in 2004 on some random show in of all places - West Virginia. It was one of those NWA shitshows where they did a billion matches with every NWA group represented including some you've never heard of to this day. I can't remember who Devitt was representing but this completely unknown dude had the best match of the show. Afterwards he was talking to a buddy of mine and told him his dream was to make it in Japan as a top guy while turning it into a career rather than just a forienger who does the occasional tours and he wasn't all that interested in WWE. Naturally we snickered b/c who was this random nobody to say he wouldn't consider WWE when he just finished working a crummy indy show in front of almost nobody for little pay? But sure enough he showed us.

He seems like a guy who had a difficult career goal and yet managed to achieve it. I can't imagine how happy he must be where he is right now. I know people grow and set new goals for themselves but it's not inconceivable to me at all that he's thrilled to be living out his dream and could care less about giving up his dream job just for the slim hope of making it in the WWE where he might be less happy, definitely less paid and most likely be less valued.
                    Devitt has far more considerations at play here than most people here would come up with to be honest.

Outside of your WWE Legends Devitt has probably the best pay/work/life balance ratio as any Wrestler I can think of. Colt seemed in awe at the position Fergal is in and his self made man-ness on the Art of Wrestling podcast he did with him.
                    It would take ALOT of money to get Fergal Devitt to live in America full time.

They made their play for him. He didn't go.
                    He is paid like a top guy in New Japan (which is six figures), plus they pay all of his trans, hotels, & medicals. Plus it's a great schedule. Three weeks on, three weeks off, rinse repeat. And he can do whatever he wants in between - take bookings, sit on his ass, whatever.

He's never going to TNA, that's a gigantic step backwards. If I were him, I wouldn't even consider WWE until I was older and starting to hurt. At that point i'd try one good run, and bounce as soon as I fell into the Superstars/B-show trap. Because like TNA, making strictly a WWE downside is a step down. WWE only benefits him if he's a top guy or reasonably pushed. He's in a better spot than the Justin Gabriel's, and it's not even close.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Devitt would need to get paid A LOT of money to go to the WWE. He is a legit top guy in Japan, he can work around the world and freelance and get paid well to do it. He's got an easy road schedule.

I could definitely see the WWE wanting this guy...he's essentially Chris Jericho or Eddie Guerrero before Paul Heyman found them. I just can't see the WWE paying the guy enough to leave right now.

Wasn't that the case with Karl Anderson...the WWE wasn't going to pay him enough to leave Japan?

Plus, Devitt going to developmental would be a joke. He's one of the Top 10 best workers in the world right now.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

To expand on the previous talk about Jay Bradley, TNA really needs to do SOMETHING with these Gut Check guys. As it stands right now it's fairly transparent that the entire premise was only put in place to set up a decent angle for Joey Ryan and to do the Wes Brisco turning on Kurt Angle to join Aces & 8s angle. They need a guy to come in and be a regular on TV and actually do something worthwhile. I thought they had it with Christian York but they really killed any momentum he had.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                          To expand on the previous talk about Jay Bradley, TNA really needs to do SOMETHING with these Gut Check guys. As it stands right now it's fairly transparent that the entire premise was only put in place to set up a decent angle for Joey Ryan and to do the Wes Brisco turning on Kurt Angle to join Aces & 8s angle. They need a guy to come in and be a regular on TV and actually do something worthwhile. I thought they had it with Christian York but they really killed any momentum he had.
                          I know it was a holiday show, but they had him call out Hardy and put together a decent match. He should be X-Division champion at this point, not quite sure what happened to him.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Impact should have been taking top indy guys for Gut Check.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                              I know it was a holiday show, but they had him call out Hardy and put together a decent match. He should be X-Division champion at this point, not quite sure what happened to him.
                              There was a solid 2 month stretch where he was in EVERY X Division match. TNA seems to go through these phases where they just rehash the exact same x-division match for like 3-4 weeks straight.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                                Impact should have been taking top indy guys for Gut Check.
                                A) What top Indie guy would REALLY want to go on Gut Check?
                                B) They had Adam Pearce and they turned him down for El Flippy Botch Mexicano and they turned him down, too.

Comment

Working...