X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Punk has talked plenty about his weirdo family...this shocks me none. Of course they hit him up for money now lol

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

whoa whoa whoa...that Ryan Howe guy who faces The Big O in the Gut Check tomorrow is "Skid Marks" from the last Tough Enough?!

Comment

• SuperKevin
        War Hero
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        whoa whoa whoa...that Ryan Howe guy who faces The Big O in the Gut Check tomorrow is "Skid Marks" from the last Tough Enough?!
        Yeah

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

From St Louis Anarchy:

The number one rule of our promotion is that we are always 100% honest with our fans. Due to circumstances beyond my control, several changes have to be made to this Friday’s card.

1. Due to Total Non-Stop Action (TNA) TV taping, TJ Perkins has been pulled by their management for their event. He will not be in attendance on Friday, but expressed his sincerest apologies and will be back at a later date. After hearing this news, true to his nickname “The Ace of Anarchy” Davey Vega has stepped up to the plate and will compete twice and we will have a St. Louis Anarchy first Davey Vega against A.C.H. The 2 out of 3 falls stipulation will be saved until TJ Perkins is able to return.

2. Due to a knee injury suffered at last weekend ROH’s IPPV T.D Thomas will be unable to compete.

3. Due to a scheduling conflict Jonathan Gresham has informed me that he will not compete for SLA this Friday.

JoJo Bravo has demanded a rematch with Arik Cannon after the humiliation he feels he suffered at the last show. I have agreed to grant him that rematch this Friday in light of the recent cancellations.

Despite these cancellations St. Louis Anarchy staff & wrestlers are dedicated to delivering a top notch wrestling show this Friday night in Alton, Illinois. We truly hope to see all our fans there this Friday even with this bad news.
            Jeez.

Rachael Summerlyn, who was in his main event, pulled out last month with a neck injury.

Gresham was replacing Darin Corbin, who is their champion and pulled out with a broken collarbone.

What a disaster, two days before the show.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              Mama Punk on a pole match between CM Punk and Brock Lesnar?
              Wat about Heyman & Punk versus Brock & Mama Punk in a tag match, with Heyman obviously turning on Punk...? So wat if Heyman is also managing Lesnar....

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

One of our favorite guests returns, Flint’s finest Jon Connor returns to the program to talk his July 2 release “Unconscious State” and his thoughts on the latest happenings in the wrestling world. Jon talks about his favorite WrestleMania 29 match, WWE Payback, Divas match snack breaks, The Shield, realism in wrestling, the match that turned him into a wrestling fan, listener questions, why you should buy his new album and an exclusive, never-before heard announcement about a wrestling-themed album in the works (and he needs our help!).

One of our most loyal guests returns, Flint's finest Jon Connor returns to the program to talk his July 2 release "Unconscious State" and his thoughts on the latest happenings in the wrestling world. Jon talks about his favorite WrestleMania 29 match, WWE Payback, Divas match snack breaks, The Shield, realism in wrestling, the match that turned him into a wrestling fan, listener questions, why you should buy his new album and an exclusive, never-before heard announcement about a wrestling-themed album in the works (and he needs our help!*).
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                  Wat about Heyman & Punk versus Brock & Mama Punk in a tag match, with Heyman obviously turning on Punk...? So wat if Heyman is also managing Lesnar....
                  I think we need to have a backstage interview where Heyman comes out, admitting he slept with Punk's Mama and is actually CM Punk's father.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Thought this was funny at first, then pathetic, then sad, then scary.

He threatens to kill himself at various points.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

https://twitter.com/celesteboninfan

Thought this was funny at first, then pathetic, then sad, then scary.

He threatens to kill himself at various points.
                      Why do stalkers always have to be fat and creepy?

All I gotsta say is, Kaitlyn better watch that ass or she's gonna end up Lennon'd.

After further inspection, he has a pic on that twitter page of Kaitlyn in a small bikini top...damn that bitch has some giant fake titties.
                      Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 06-27-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

The story of the show isn’t one that a lot of people will want to hear. It was a risk building the show around Daniel Bryan as the main character no matter how loud those in the building cheer for him. And his street fight with Randy Orton did a terrible overrun number, coming off it being the main event on the least watched non-holiday Smackdown show since it started airing on Syfy. For people who complain about John Cena, as a general rule, his segments deliver, particularly in the main event slot.

In the segment-by-segment, the opening segment with Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton on the mic and having their short first match did a 2.82 open which is very weak. Sheamus & Christian vs. Cody Rhodes & Damian Sandow and Kaitlyn vs. Aksana lost 124,000 viewers. The A.J. Lee promo making fun of Kaitlyn and a replay of the Mark Henry/Cena angle plus a Wyatt Family vignette lost 198,000 viewers to a show-low 2.59 quarter. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto del Rio gained 333,000 viewers. The post-match Jericho/Dolph Ziggler/Del Rio stuff and the reveal of the WWE video game cover at 9 p.m. gained 361,000 viewers to a 3.10. Ryback vs. Great Khali lost 217,000 viewers. The John Cena interview gained 235,000 viewers. Brodus Clay & Sweet T vs. Usos vs. Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal and Paul Heyman’s beginning of his interview gained 19,000 viewers. The Heyman/C.M. Punk segment gained 117,000 viewers at 10 p.m. to a show high 3.21 quarter. Punk vs. Darren Young and the post-match lost 598,000 viewers. Stephanie McMahon announcing the Money in the Bank participants, and backstage with Chris Jericho, Ryback and Vickie Guerrero and Punk and Heyman gained 136,000 viewers. The Orton vs. Bryan street fight gained 104,000 viewers, one of the lowest main event gains of the year, finishing at a 2.92 overrun.
                        This isn't meant as an "I told you so" because nobody wants him to succeed more than me and I think he's the greatest active wrestler there is, but I fear my instincts are going to be correct.

We already know great matches mean nothing in terms of ratings. Never have, and never will. But as some people say, "funny don't equal money". In my opinion, Daniel Bryan will never be a true top star in his current incarnation. And because there is already a stigma attached to him, and Vince does not view him at that level, it isn't going to take many more weeks like this one, where he bombed on two shows, to get Vince to pull a 180 and stop his push.

I believe Bryan can draw, but they desperately need to drop the comedy aspects of his character ASAP. Drop the "weak link" shit, drop the beard/goat boy/hobbit shit, tone down the YES YES YES shit, and present him as a star and not a sideshow. I know it would work. But the WWE audience (or any audience, for that matter) has not been conditioned to treat goofball characters as top stars.

Because of his height he will always be portrayed as an underdog, but that's fine. Being an underdog is ok and has historically worked. But being an underdog played for laughs is the kiss of death and no matter how much Triple H likes him, Vince is not going to tolerate these ratings long term. And you can forget it if he headlines a PPV and it doesn't do well. That will equal instant death.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Its all about the push...if you treat him like a geek and give him a half assed push...the numbers will show in-kind. If you don't treat someone like a star, they won't be. When you got Vince McMahon on screen saying he's a bum, you are making him out like a second rate bum.

When they gave CM Punk the run...the Money in the Bank PPV popped a little bit (IIRC, 15% increase for a B-show)...then they half-assed his push, rushed him back, and SummerSlam tanked and they soon had him working with HHH and Kevin Nash.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

The weak link thing is beyond stupid as a result of him beating The Shield and tapping out Orton. That absolutely needs to drop now.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Taz may finally be off the broadcast team with TNA. His contract is up within two weeks and he sent out a tweet hyping up a show in Brooklyn, which by all accounts could be the July 15th Monday Night Raw at the Barclays Center.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                                The weak link thing is beyond stupid as a result of him beating The Shield and tapping out Orton. That absolutely needs to drop now.
                                I don't mind the underdog build...the weak link as an initial idea to start the push is fine. But, to start selling him...he needs to look legit. He also needs to be able to sell the push with a good promo. I think he needs one of those home run promos to really get over.

Comment

Working...