X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by BigBiss
    hes over exposed right now, the crowd needs a break from him
    A lot of these guys are overexposed with two shows a week. Sheamus is actually pretty good. Nothing about him screams "great" but he's certainly upper mid card material, and can hold his own with a world title run.

The only thing that takes away from his is the fact he's ridiculously pale. He can't do anything about that, but still.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      A lot of these guys are overexposed with two shows a week.
      You know, they should think about splitting up the roster so everybody gets more exposure. I don't know, something like maybe two brands, were half the guys are with RAW & Superstars, and the other half are with Smackdown & Main Event. Then every year or so, when things get stale, you can shuffle guys around to freshen things up.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
        A lot of these guys are overexposed with two shows a week. Sheamus is actually pretty good. Nothing about him screams "great" but he's certainly upper mid card material, and can hold his own with a world title run.

The only thing that takes away from his is the fact he's ridiculously pale. He can't do anything about that, but still.
        "The Great White..." shirt line he had running for a while would go GREAT right now with Shark Week if he wasn't on the DL for now.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          You know, they should think about splitting up the roster so everybody gets more exposure. I don't know, something like maybe two brands, were half the guys are with RAW & Superstars, and the other half are with Smackdown & Main Event. Then every year or so, when things get stale, you can shuffle guys around to freshen things up.
          Would never work. Think again moran.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• s@ppisgod
            No longer a noob
            • Apr 2011

Turn on TNA for 5 minutes and see Angle hit Bully with the Angle Slam, Bully kicks out. Minutes later, Sabin hits Bully with a weak looking enziguri and Devon has to make the save. Never understood that.

JB is their best announcer ever. I still preferred him with the PBP man they signed a little bit ago, and released shortly thereafter. Of course.

I never "got" Sheamus. I get that he's not a bad wrestler, but I never got why people thought he was good. But I'm not into the stiff match-ups all that much, aside from some of Regal's stuff.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod

JB is their best announcer ever. I still preferred him with the PBP man they signed a little bit ago, and released shortly thereafter. Of course.
              Todd Kenely

He went back to Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. He's the play by play guy and they just hired Matt Striker to do color. It airs on MavTV if you get that channel. It's on DirecTV. They use a lot of the top west coast guys including many of the PWG dudes.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

I've been a Sheamus mark ever since the Extreme Rules poster came out with him on it.

Tell me that shit ain't awesome.

Also, once I realized his theme song said "Its a shameful thing, lobsterhead" and "too many limes...too many limes".

Ever since then...Sheamus has been alright by me. It never gets old.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

LOBSTER HEAD, LOBSTER HEAD larry, too...that song always brings the lulz.

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

I always thought it was "It's a shameful thing, dunderhead"
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

My newest Wrestling’s Biggest Busts is here... looking at Art Barr. This fucker took forever and I did a ton of research, match watching, etc being relatively unfamiliar with Barr going in (I'd seen When Worlds Collide but that's about it).

I know what you’re already thinking, how can you call a man who at the time of his death was the best heel in the world and who’s promotion was gearing up to break the all-time wrestling attendance record with him as the headliner, a bust. Trust me, it was hard to start writing this piece because I hate to use that term on Art Barr. The term has such a negative connotation, it typically describes professional athletes who are lazy, don’t work hard enough, aren’t as good as they were made out to be, guys who had all the physical tools in the world but none of the mental. I’m not sure any of that describes Barr, but as stated in the first part of this series, I have a criteria I’m using to judge what I call a bust.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Did TNA replay the Angle/Rampage promo with Angle/Ortiz?

Turrible.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Did TNA replay the Angle/Rampage promo with Angle/Ortiz?

Turrible.
                          They have absolutely no plan with anyone when they come in. They tease a feud with Jackson/Angle, then when they need the muscle for MEM, they put Jackson in it. Then repeat with Ortiz/Angle. At the very least, have it be not Angle.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                            My newest Wrestling’s Biggest Busts is here... looking at Art Barr. This fucker took forever and I did a ton of research, match watching, etc being relatively unfamiliar with Barr going in (I'd seen When Worlds Collide but that's about it).

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/201...usts-art-barr/
                            Lots of history in this, and I never saw that Rambo match so thanks for that.

The Barr/Blue Panther feud was tits. I think I posted either the mask vs mask or the double turn in my Art Barr profile in the Top 100 thread. Blue Panther was one of the most hated rudos in Mexico for decades before Barr helped get him over as a technico, and to this day Blue Panther is still tearing it up with his bad ass mat wrestling as a face.

We talk a lot about hot eras in wrestling with what is happening in New Japan these days, and I am guilty of always forgetting about AAA's early years circa 1994, with Los Gringos Locos, the rise of Konnan, Jake Roberts drawing sellouts in L.A., the Blue Panther turn, When World's Collide, etc. What an awesome period. You can make a real, legitimate argument that AAA was not only the best in ring promotion in North America during that time with WWF & WCW sucking badly, but also the best drawing promotion as well, even in the U.S. where the Roberts/Konnan feud helped outdraw everybody at the gate.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

I'll have to check back and see if the double turn you posted is still active. I couldn't find anything
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Man, this all brings back a ton of memories. I used to wait by the mailbox for AAA videos from that scumbag kid toucher who I won't plug to see all of that great stuff in all of its grainy ELP VHS glory.

Comment

Working...