X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

I think we have a Gooker Award nominee for the year...Abyss taking the power of Hulkamania in ring form to become a monster again.

WOW.

What a terrible backstage promo.

And now Kurt Angle is crying. Terrible in-ring promo.
    Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 02-18-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      I think people pay to see stars, not stars vs. stars.

Your random 12 year old who begged his parents to go to RAW, just wants to hold up his sign, buy his spin belt, and see John Cena. The teenage girl who loooooves Jeff Hardy probably doesn't care if even wrestles a match or not.

I don't think total squashes with no name jobbers would work in 2010, but you could definately get away with limiting how often the big stars wrestle on TV, and when they do, have them suqash lower mid carders (jobbers-to-the-stars) like Charlie Hass, Funaki, etc. Fill the rest of the show with mid carders vs. mid carders.

I do strongly believe that the "World Title" should rarely (if ever) be defended on TV. Tite matches used to be the easiest way to draw money, and now they are absolutely meaningless in that regard. If you make the title special, and stop giving away title matches for free, people will be more apt to pay for them.

It would also help if they didnt switch the title 8-10 times per year, but that would take care of itself if you limited title matches to once per month (not counting house shows).
      For regular house shows, I agree. For RAWs and Smackdowns...I think there is a serious draw at this stage for stars v. stars.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Larry
        I still firmly believe the Hogan divorce is a work.

ugh :y:

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Ken Anderson saves this terrible segment.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
            Formerly ravensownall17
            • Feb 2009

TNA is just awful. Good god, when you think it can't get any worse, it does.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

For regular house shows, I agree. For RAWs and Smackdowns...I think there is a serious draw at this stage for stars v. stars.
              I assume you mean for ratings?

I think you need stars in segments, even if those segments arent matches.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

I assume you mean for ratings?

I think you need stars in segments, even if those segments arent matches.
                No, not for ratings...I'm talking at the gate...I have to think Cena v. HHH at a house show will draw better than Cena v. jobber and HHH v. jobber.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

No, not for ratings...I'm talking at the gate...I have to think Cena v. HHH at a house show will draw better than Cena v. jobber and HHH v. jobber.
                  Gotcha. Agreed. Thought you meant the other way around.

Yeah, gotta go with the star vs star on the road. TV doesnt matter IMO. Thats what I was getting at.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

the burial of Daniels continues...

Kennedy Is a really good heel...a lil corny at times, but effective
                    With destination X coming up, the X division is still 1 giant clusterfuk

only the Ashleys could save this show

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

well, this most likely means no Money in the Bank match at WM26

Aside from scrapping the annual Survivor Series event, WWE.com has updates its upcoming PPV lineup with several notable changes that begin after March's WrestleMania. The changes include:

- Backlash is no more. WWE's April PPV will now be Extreme Rules (on 4/25).

- With Extreme Rules moved to April, a new PPV event will debut on May 23 called "WWE Wild Card."

- The Bash is also gone and has been replaced with "Fatal Four Way" on June 20.

- WWE's Night of Champions PPV, which used to take place in July, has been moved to September. The July show is now titled "Money in the Bank" and will take place on July 18. This could mean there will be no Money In The Bank match at WrestleMania this year.

- Summerslam will take place on August 15th.

- Night of Champions will now take place on September 19th.

- Hell in a Cell will take place on October 3rd.
                      LordsofPain.net - Big Changes To WWE's PPV Schedule After WM26: New Events, Old Shows Dropped
                      Cant wait for WWE to announce the Hornswaggle on a pole PPV
                      Last edited by IamMedellin; 02-19-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Make the time. It's really good.
                        I destroyed that book... I think I read it front to back in like 2 days.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Proof21
                          Go Big Red!
                          • Mar 2009

WTF is with the WWE having gimmick named PPV's now? Can we please just go back to: Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series? That way they can build up the feuds and make the matches more memorable.

Of course all they want is $$ and PPV = $$.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Proof21
                            WTF is with the WWE having gimmick named PPV's now? Can we please just go back to: Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series? That way they can build up the feuds and make the matches more memorable.

Of course all they want is $$ and PPV = $$.
                            lol wut?

I like the idea of having the Money in the Bank match at one PPV, where it is the feature.

It is like an entire PPV dedicated to putting a young guy over.
                            Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 02-20-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

lol wut?

I like the idea of having the Money in the Bank match at one PPV, where it is the feature.

It is like an entire PPV dedicated to putting a young guy over.
                              I have no problem with centering PPVs around a gimmick match but naming them after said gimmick match is lame.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SHOGUN
                                4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                                • Jul 2009

Going to Elimination Chamber tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get some decent pictures.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...