X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

So they are looking to bring in Richards and Edwards as a tag team only, correct?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      So they are looking to bring in Richards and Edwards as a tag team only, correct?
      That's dave's speculation, since they are emphasizing tag teams these days and there is a Triple H initiative in place to develop them. And it obviously makes sense on a number of levels, because both are small, they have a history as a team, etc.

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

If they get signed they will last 2 years tops ... IF

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
          If they get signed they will last 2 years tops ... IF
          Higher upside...Davey or Eddie?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Higher upside...Davey or Eddie?
            Eddie. Better attitude, more versatile, a little taller, more easily convertible style wise. I feel like Davey will lose a lot of what he does well in that style. Davye is a better talker and better than he gets credit for, but neither are particularly good. Eddie would make a fine babyface jtts type in the Justin Gabriel mode, making guys look good and bumping all over the place.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

I can see the WWE getting pretty beat with Davey's overall personality really quickly, couple it with his attitude of "I can go be a fireman anytime I want"...and I just don't see a long term fit. Once things get beat for Davey, I can just see him wanting to go do something else. To be fair, the WWE is seemingly embracing the KICKS AND KICKS AND KICKS AND JEW JITZU AND KICKS style a little bit these days.

I can see Eddie being a talent enhancer. He's just kind of bland.

You can mask the lack of personality with some old school tag team gimmick and a mouth piece. But since when does the WWE hide the negatives? They embrace negatives and make them a focal point of characters.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

You can mask the lack of personality with some old school tag team gimmick and a mouth piece. But since when does the WWE hide the negatives? They embrace negatives and make them a focal point of characters.
                Which is amazingly surreal.

Anyway, you're right, you stick the American Wolves with Heyman, or even Zeb, never let them talk and just snarl in the background and kick people, and you have a cool mid card act in the tag team mix.

That will never happen.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

FANTASY BOOKING!

This is how I would introduce the American Wolves.

The Matador guys beat Swagger & Cesaro on RAW, and out of frustration Zeb & Swagger turn on Cesaro. This settles the obvious Cesaro face turn and gets Swagger back in the singles mix.

The next week, the Matador guys beat a jobber team, say 3MB or something. The Wolves do a run in, beat the ever loving shit out of Primo & Epico, and then corner the midget. They then absolutely kill the midget who bounces all over the place and sells like hes dead. They kill 3MB too for good measure. Zeb comes down and cuts a promo putting over his new charges, with dead bodies laying all over the ring.

Then the Wolves have a hot TV feud with the Matador guys. The matches would be tits.

C'mon biss, put me over, that's good stuff, I have the mind for business buddy.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

So a thought a friend of mine had on the whole Danielson situation.

Considering that the thought was setting up an H's match with him, they could keep Danielson out of the title picture, but have him win the Royal Rumble. H's gets desperate, and books himself in an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE title, wins it, and goes into WM30 in a title fight with Danielson.

If it was anyone but H's, I would be behind it. It just reeks of him keeping his character in the spotlight.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                      So a thought a friend of mine had on the whole Danielson situation.

Considering that the thought was setting up an H's match with him, they could keep Danielson out of the title picture, but have him win the Royal Rumble. H's gets desperate, and books himself in an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE title, wins it, and goes into WM30 in a title fight with Danielson.

If it was anyone but H's, I would be behind it. It just reeks of him keeping his character in the spotlight.
                      Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble is 100% on the table from everything i've heard.

Comment

• BigBiss
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        FANTASY BOOKING!

This is how I would introduce the American Wolves.

The Matador guys beat Swagger & Cesaro on RAW, and out of frustration Zeb & Swagger turn on Cesaro. This settles the obvious Cesaro face turn and gets Swagger back in the singles mix.

The next week, the Matador guys beat a jobber team, say 3MB or something. The Wolves do a run in, beat the ever loving shit out of Primo & Epico, and then corner the midget. They then absolutely kill the midget who bounces all over the place and sells like hes dead. They kill 3MB too for good measure. Zeb comes down and cuts a promo putting over his new charges, with dead bodies laying all over the ring.

Then the Wolves have a hot TV feud with the Matador guys. The matches would be tits.

C'mon biss, put me over, that's good stuff, I have the mind for business buddy.
                        Just have to get Davey out of FCW and Past "Wrestling Court" to make it there. Story is good, do we job matadores out? if we do why would the crowd believe in them next month, if we Job the Wolves in the they loose any momentum ... lot of stuff factors in

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Just have to get Davey out of FCW and Past "Wrestling Court" to make it there. Story is good, do we job matadores out? if we do why would the crowd believe in them next month, if we Job the Wolves in the they loose any momentum ... lot of stuff factors in
                          I think Wolves have to go over in the end, the Matadors are a short term gimmick, too cartoony, they're just there to get the midget bull over anyway. They slide into babyface enhancement.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            I think Wolves have to go over in the end, the Matadors are a short term gimmick, too cartoony, they're just there to get the midget bull over anyway. They slide into babyface enhancement.
                            Cool 6 men with Santino it is ...

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

Lets Say Hogan signs on for match with Cena at mania that includes him being in the Rumble ... who puts hogan out
                              Last edited by BigBiss; 11-03-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Lets Say Hogan signs on for match with Cena at mania that includes him being in the Rumble ... who puts hogan out
                                Hogan can't take that bump so I'll say he'd get knocked out.

Comment

Working...