X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

I have no idea where they really go from here, considering now everything is being done to set up Wrestlemania. Who does Orton face at Royal Rumble, and who wins the Rumble to set up the one championship match.

I think that is the issue I have with this PPV. Just a bunch of matches, and no real payoffs. I still have no idea where The Shield vs CM Punk shit is going, or where the Wyatt's vs Bryan is going. While it was some good matches, I just don't see the point in having two 3 on 1 matches on the card.

So when I look at the Royal Rumble, I have no idea who to even consider as the possible winner, unless Cena gets thrown in there and someone goes after Orton.
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

This match obviously sets up Bryan vs Orton at Mania.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Given that there hasn't been a true brand split in a while, it's going to be interesting to see who goes after Orton now that he's on the mountain top.

He's fought everyone that's on the roster that isn't a Wyatt Family member or Women's Division member at least once.

Orton can't carry anybody and anyone else is either going to look like a jobber because they're gonna lose to him at a PPV no matter what.

The Rock can't do it because he's busy making movies and they shot their load with him against Cena twice at WM.

Hogan's too old and can't go anymore.

Sting's too old/out in the wind.

Undertaker wouldn't give his streak to Orton and he sure as shit won't come back until WM.

Jericho's done.

Big Show's done.

Henry's done.

Cena's out for a while.

Del Rio's injured...

The list goes on and on as Orton's the top guy in a fed where nobody can touch him by proxy.

Comment

• Ravin
          Dishing the Gino's
          • Feb 2009

I think we will get a Cena vs Orton rematch at RR because Cena technically has a rematch shot ... or at least that is how the WWE will play it off.

I can see Bryan winning the royal rumble which sets up that, and Cena will either win the rematch at RR or win the title at the elimination chamber. Which is another gimmick PPV I wish they would get rid of, or move it away from Wrestlemania because with one title, it kind of fucks things up if you want to have the guy who is champ at the RR go on WM and be the champ, and have to go through the chamber and win it. Would get old every time having the champ retain.

I'm still going with Orton vs Cena vs Bryan for WM. It is obvious Cena is the WM30 headliner, and Orton as Jay has pointed out, really has no where to go, and Bryan should be back in there.
          All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JayDizzle
            Given that there hasn't been a true brand split in a while, it's going to be interesting to see who goes after Orton now that he's on the mountain top.

He's fought everyone that's on the roster that isn't a Wyatt Family member or Women's Division member at least once.

Orton can't carry anybody and anyone else is either going to look like a jobber because they're gonna lose to him at a PPV no matter what.

The Rock can't do it because he's busy making movies and they shot their load with him against Cena twice at WM.

Hogan's too old and can't go anymore.

Sting's too old/out in the wind.

Undertaker wouldn't give his streak to Orton and he sure as shit won't come back until WM.

Jericho's done.

Big Show's done.

Henry's done.

Cena's out for a while.

Del Rio's injured...

The list goes on and on as Orton's the top guy in a fed where nobody can touch him by proxy.
            Because this whole thing feels like something has been forced, I think they've backed themselves into a corner without having someone for this feud. They also know they can't force their hand again like they did with Ryback (and part of me feels he might get a chance.)

The only big name they have for this would be to bring back RVD right now. Or if Jeff Hardy is truly released by TNA, he could be it too, but Hardy and Orton wouldn't even be a passable match in my mind.

They've once again backed themselves into a corner with the WWE title, and they don't have a champion that can stand on his own.

Comment

• Ravin
              Dishing the Gino's
              • Feb 2009

The entire top of the card is just totally fucked. It's kind of been mentioned, but other than Orton, who is a singles heel at the top of the card? You literally have no one else. On the face side you have Cena, Punk and Bryan.

They need to making some more heel top draws and quick. Alberta Del Rio in my mind isn't a top draw. I find him boring as hell to watch, and when he got rid of Ricardo, he got even more boring.

They almost need Punk to go back to being a heel again to even it out. Or really start pushing guys up like Sandow, or split up the shield and inject some new blood into the singles world. Only other guy kicking around doing seemingly fuck all is Sheamus.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Bryan is winning the Rumble and beating Orton at Mania.

That completes the story.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

The complete list of Forbes' Top Grossing Actors can be found below.

1. Dwayne Johnson: $1.3 billion

2. Robert Downey Jr.: $1.2 billion

3. Steve Carell: $964 million

4. Vin Diesel: $887 million

5. Sandra Bullock: $862 million

6. Paul Walker: $789 million

7./8. (tie) Billy Crystal/John Goodman: $743 million

9. Chris Hemsworth: $701 million

10. Jennifer Lawrence: $700 million
                    Vince wishes Cena could draw like that.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Meltzer got jokes

Samuel Shaw was on a date with Christy Hemme. The Samuel Shaw deal is that he was charming Christy out of her dress, but when she’s not around, he’s this raving psycho. Then she comes back, and he’s this nice charming guy again. Of course now we have to go with the idea, since we see him as this psycho, that she never watches the show she’s on and never comes in contact with anyone else who watches TNA. Actually, that’s not a stretch at all.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Ravin
                        The entire top of the card is just totally fucked. It's kind of been mentioned, but other than Orton, who is a singles heel at the top of the card? You literally have no one else. On the face side you have Cena, Punk and Bryan.

They need to making some more heel top draws and quick. Alberta Del Rio in my mind isn't a top draw. I find him boring as hell to watch, and when he got rid of Ricardo, he got even more boring.

They almost need Punk to go back to being a heel again to even it out. Or really start pushing guys up like Sandow, or split up the shield and inject some new blood into the singles world. Only other guy kicking around doing seemingly fuck all is Sheamus.
                        My guess is Sheamus comes back as a heel. They will also have Brock and Paul back as heels for Mania season as well.

Comment

• BigBiss
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Bryan is winning the Rumble and beating Orton at Mania.

That completes the story.
                          most of this story has been told on the dirt sheets

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

AJ Styles calendar is filling up fast, as expected.

If he can land a regular spot with New Japan, W-1, or AAA he may very well come out ahead in 2014, because he will make a killing in between tours on the indies.

--A.J. Styles vs. Chris Hero was announced for the 1/26 Smash Wrestling show in Toronto. Here are confirmed dates for Styles
                            12/28 for Anarchy Wrestling in Cornelia, GA
                            1/19 for Premier Wrestling Xperience in Winston-Salem, NC
                            2/1 for Dreamwave Wrestling in LaSalle, IL vs. Christian Rose (Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards are also on the show), tickets at www.dreamwavewrestling.com
                            2/7 for Deep Southern Wrestling in Blue Ridge, GA
                            2/28 and 3/1 for Preston City Wrestling in Preston, England (replacing boxer Riddick Bowe who is off the show after an issue with his new management screwing up his deal, second date will be against Adrian "Lionheart" McCallum)
                            3/15 for Ultimate Wrestling Experience in Harrisburg, PA vs. AR Fox
                            Styles vs Fox will be bananas.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Valiente takes a sniff of Aguila's asshole

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Global doesn't hold up very well 20 years later. Historical, but the matches are weak.

I remember being obsessed with it, running home from school to watch on ESPN every day at 4.

Comment

Working...