• Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Hey Warner, doesn't this scream "mid-card run" to you?

Word within WWE is that the company was "100% fully embarrassed" by the footage of the Michigan State crowd all chanting "yes!" in unison. The footage ended up everywhere online and on TV shows, with Bryan and WWE getting a mention. WWE wanted to run with the Daniel Wyatt storyline but, "when you have a whole college arena doing "yes!" chants and most likely others will, plus NFL stars in the post-season doing it," WWE felt they had no choice but to hurry and turn Bryan back on RAW.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          Hey Warner, doesn't this scream "mid-card run" to you?
          Yes, and they've obviously buried him so badly that he's the first wrestler to break through in the mainstream in the last forever that I can recall.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

That TNA show in Mobile drew 287 fans.

Comment

• Spidey
              • Feb 2009

For those wondering, internal communication within WWE indicates that WrestleMania will always be free on the WWE Network, not just this year.
              Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...XIAYyG20v5H.99
              Interesting. Like many, I would have thought they would hold wrestlemania out for sure and maybe a few of the other major PPVs.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
                Interesting. Like many, I would have thought they would hold wrestlemania out for sure and maybe a few of the other major PPVs.
                They should make WrestleMania available to those who order all year. It gives users an extra incentive to keep WWE Network for the other six months.

Also, we VSN'rs ordering the Network, we should get together and see if they have a referral program...maybe get some free months (hulu and Netflix already do this) and we can just use one another as references so we all get some freebies out of the deal.

Comment

• BigBiss
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  They should make WrestleMania available to those who order all year. It gives users an extra incentive to keep WWE Network for the other six months.

Also, we VSN'rs ordering the Network, we should get together and see if they have a referral program...maybe get some free months (hulu and Netflix already do this) and we can just use one another as references so we all get some freebies out of the deal.
                  Awesome idea Larry

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                    That TNA show in Mobile drew 287 fans.
                    Just shut the whole thing down and save the money that you're losing. That's embarrassing. I remember going to MCW shows at Ft Meade in MD with Gillberg there that drew double that amount.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
                      They are really gonna ride or die with this.

1.2 million buys times $70 divided by two, vs. 2 million buys (optimistic) times $9.99.

That's giving them 2 million subscribers when they can't get 4 million to watch for free on Mondays.

I don't see how they can come out ahead. The days of WrestleMania smashing total revenue records are over.

*with that said, for this year they will still do 400-500k international buys plus whatever the North American split is Canadian

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Regarding Daniel Bryan's concussion suffered on last week's RAW, the feeling is still that it's pretty serious. As noted, he was kept off this weekend's live events and was at home resting.

Bryan managed to get through the match last week without missing any spots. However, at the end of the show when he was on top of the cage leading the "yes!" chants, right before the show ended Bryan suddenly stopped and sat there, looking around like he was unsure. A WWE stagehand laid on the ground, looked up at him and started gesturing for him to keep chanting. Bryan just looked at the guy seemingly completely confused. Bryan later told WWE officials that he barely remembered anything that happened in the cage.

Word going around this weekend is that Bryan's planned Royal Rumble match against Bray Wyatt is off.

Backstage, Bryan's big moment was a hot topic. A source said, "The whole backstage was in awe. Vince McMahon loves Bryan."

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

But......but.......Danielson's firmly planted in the mid-card.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                            War Hero
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                            Just shut the whole thing down and save the money that you're losing. That's embarrassing. I remember going to MCW shows at Ft Meade in MD with Gillberg there that drew double that amount.
                            MCW has a ridiciously loyal crowd. The show I went to in August had probably 700 people or more

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                              MCW has a ridiciously loyal crowd. The show I went to in August had probably 700 people or more
                              Oh, I know, it's got a huge following I think. This was 13-14 years ago though. It was just as big, if not bigger.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Warner's dream girl...I'm convinced.

Missy Hyatt ‏@missyhyatt Jan 17
                                Some geek name Big Foot is rassling. He's a poor man's Bruiser Brody.

GEEK.

Comment

Working...