X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
    Having them off the air for a year hurts even more.

They could make the vacations work. Hell, just be honest with the audience.

John Cena needs a break, so he can come back three months from now recharged for his nine-year-old audience.
    I agree, in theory...but while there are real elements to "sport" in the WWE (re: the potential for injury)...when it comes down to brass tacks, the WWE and wrestling in general is still a traveling circus that runs basically 24/7/365 and the circus doesn't pull the crowds it does when its featured attractions are taking a holiday.

That is both the pro and con of the business...being a "contracted" worker it is very tough to have a wrestling "union" (which would prevent the overworking)...

In the end, there is basically the same result...wrestlers end up taking off time...instead of getting time off injury free periodically, they get extended time off with injury.

The whole system feeds off itself and at this point in the game, its going to be tough to break a trend that has basically been around since the business started.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
      As for the new Noah structure, interesting choices. I'm hoping that Noah comes through this stronger than ever.

NOAH 2009 has been one of the best years of any promotion, ever, as far as in ring product. Just amazing, blow away performances up and down the card. KENTA is so good, it's frightening.

I've all but given up on ROH, and i've fallen way behind on Dragon Gate, all due to watching any and all NOAH that I can get my hands on.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

The last ROH event I went to was pretty damn amazing. Tyler Black vs. KENTA absolutely tore the house down.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
          The last ROH event I went to was pretty damn amazing. Tyler Black vs. KENTA absolutely tore the house down.
          Everything KENTA touches is gold.

Go check out his two matches vs. Nakajima from earlier this year (watch them in order), or the tag from 6/22 (KENTA/Go Shiozaki vs. Kensuke Sasaske/Nakajima). All three on YouTube. The tag match features some of the stiffest strikes you will ever see in a worked match.

Also, KENTA vs. Davey Richards from WM weekend.

KENTA vs. Ricky Marvin

KENTA vs. Kotaro Suzuki

Even the ROH tv match vs. Roderick Strong from a few weeks back.

He's the wrestler of the year, and it's not even close.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Yes, we brought a friend that wasn't a huge wrestling fan I told him watch KENTA and tell me you aren't hooked.

He was AMAZED by him. Absolutely stunned but how crisp and amazing he was in the ring.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
              Yes, we brought a friend that wasn't a huge wrestling fan I told him watch KENTA and tell me you aren't hooked.

He was AMAZED by him. Absolutely stunned but how crisp and amazing he was in the ring.
              I forgot about his match with McGuinness in NYC. Nigel was banged up, but KENTA carrried him to a 4star match.

It was also amusing watching him in AAA earlier this year, phoning it in and working lazy as hell. But nobody works hard in AAA. Easiest paydays of his life.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

This looks awesome...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ei93yTpJSj0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ei93yTpJSj0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...ly bad.

My guess this is for those who like a little fap-time with their wrestling.
                Last edited by JayDizzle; 07-11-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                  Everything Burns...
                  • Nov 2008

Mickie James sittin on my cock....lets start that angle

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

CM Punk had a pretty awesome promo last night on Smackdown about Jeff Hardy's drug use. The E is actually working Punk's heel turn very well.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Yankee1012
                      Seth Green is going to be the guest host on RAW this Monday. That should be interesting.
                      Seriously? Thats pathetic...

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

There are some sexy babes in Wrestleicious

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                          CM Punk had a pretty awesome promo last night on Smackdown about Jeff Hardy's drug use. The E is actually working Punk's heel turn very well.
                          I didn't actually see it, I did read it though and yes. Either heel or cocky, badass face either way works for me. I'd obviously prefer heel but glad to see they are giving him an edge.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                            • Feb 2009

A heel CM Punk works very very well. The straight edge gimmick works well for a heel, especially when its legit. I just appreciate that the E isn't jumping the gun - they are dragging this out and doing it gradually. I think this approach is far better than an abrupt turn.

Comment

• krulmichael
                              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Yankee1012
                              Seth Green is going to be the guest host on RAW this Monday. That should be interesting.
                              Wow...no idea what to expect for that...but I can't say I'm really excited for it, lol.

Twitch Channel
                              http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                              Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                              Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                              Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                              Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

KENTA & Taiji Ishimori vs. Atsushi Aoki & Kota Ibushi

Great match with great highspots, and a fantasitic finish. Crowd was pretty cold for some reason, which hurts it a little.

Comment

Working...