• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Is that a former Bushwacker in the pic?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
      Beautiful Like Moses
      • Oct 2008

LOL.. that was taken somewhere in the local area, the FRESH CO bag the mouth breather to the right is holding gave it away. Canadian wrestling fans ftw.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtEJ_zBraF0"]This is their 199th match together[/ame]

#HEEL vs. Ghana's Finest is always a good thing.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          I had a back load of Pro Wrestling Ohio on the DVR, so I watched about four hours of it today.

They were doing a gimmick for about a year where a masked man kept jumping Johnny Gargano. The masked man finally promised to reveal himself. So he takes the hood off, and it was JIMMY JACOBS.

Problem was, none of the 50 people in the building knew who the fuck he was. When I say there was no pop when he took the mask off, that is an understatement. NO POP.

Recognizing the problem, the first words of Jacobs promo were "You may not know who I am, but..."

I felt bad for him. I haven't seen an angle tank this badly since Gobbledygooker.
          kinda Sad too me, think of all the people Jimmy started with who had TV runs

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Brodie Lee expected to sign a developmental deal with WWE.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9wFIVSX20o"]DGUSA.tv - Brodie Lee attacks again - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Baddest Man to ever wear jeans and a 'Beater to the ring.

NOBODY gives the Big Boot better... not Diesel, not Hogan...

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                I still think its funny that the WWE Network can't get off the ground...Satellite is filled with shit television, nothing channels, but Vince' wrestling channel can't get picked up.
                That's what I'm thinking. NHL Network is a niche thing in the US. WWE likely puts up similar attendance, merchandise, and better TV ratings. That's the crazy thing. Hockey rarely does very good ratings on TV. WWE does GREAT cable ratings, still. They have a track record of pretty much unheard of ratings for a weekly show. They've got a great track record for PPV buys. Not to mention that NHLN doesn't produce shit in the way of original programming. WWE has more money to spend, and a better TV track record. But it's viewed as such utter shit, like you said, that the higher ups want nothing to do with it.

Which reminds me of the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD with the mention of how nobody at Turner wanted to be associated with wrestling. Which was a little different, because WWF in the 90s always skewed a lot more raunchy. Which led me to Googling Harvey Schiller because he seemed like the only one who didn't have a problem at all with it. Turns out he's one accomplished motherfucker. Probably the most successful person ever to be associated with wrestling, and had the least problem with it. Interesting...

I've always had a problem with the way wrestling is viewed, but Vince really made his own bed on this one. When you've pandered to kids, hicks, and horny/blood-thirsty teens, it's hard to distance yourself from it in a room full of TV execs who look for problems the way Sunny used to look for coke. I can see how he'd have trouble with selling it, despite it having a larger built-in audience than Outdoor Network and the trash-heap that is MavTV. Maybe do a tie-in with someone for a year and see how it plays out. Then sell your audience following the product to the outer-space regions of cable networks.

Problem being, the main selling point of WWE Network is all the stuff from the past. The nostalgia of showing/reviewing past footage props the network up 10x more than the kid-friendly product now or the original programming that nobody wants to see. So Vince would have to sell the network as something it can't possibly succeed as. I love how stupid TV work actually is....:joeybats:

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

This rock/rap concert thing is going to be sooooo cringeworthy.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

not watching Raw until Mania

Viewing any further WWE programming will probably dissuade me from ordering WM 28

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Let's see how this Rocky thing turns out.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                        That's what I'm thinking. NHL Network is a niche thing in the US. WWE likely puts up similar attendance, merchandise, and better TV ratings. That's the crazy thing. Hockey rarely does very good ratings on TV. WWE does GREAT cable ratings, still. They have a track record of pretty much unheard of ratings for a weekly show. They've got a great track record for PPV buys. Not to mention that NHLN doesn't produce shit in the way of original programming. WWE has more money to spend, and a better TV track record. But it's viewed as such utter shit, like you said, that the higher ups want nothing to do with it.

Which reminds me of the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD with the mention of how nobody at Turner wanted to be associated with wrestling. Which was a little different, because WWF in the 90s always skewed a lot more raunchy. Which led me to Googling Harvey Schiller because he seemed like the only one who didn't have a problem at all with it. Turns out he's one accomplished motherfucker. Probably the most successful person ever to be associated with wrestling, and had the least problem with it. Interesting...

I've always had a problem with the way wrestling is viewed, but Vince really made his own bed on this one. When you've pandered to kids, hicks, and horny/blood-thirsty teens, it's hard to distance yourself from it in a room full of TV execs who look for problems the way Sunny used to look for coke. I can see how he'd have trouble with selling it, despite it having a larger built-in audience than Outdoor Network and the trash-heap that is MavTV. Maybe do a tie-in with someone for a year and see how it plays out. Then sell your audience following the product to the outer-space regions of cable networks.

Problem being, the main selling point of WWE Network is all the stuff from the past. The nostalgia of showing/reviewing past footage props the network up 10x more than the kid-friendly product now or the original programming that nobody wants to see. So Vince would have to sell the network as something it can't possibly succeed as. I love how stupid TV work actually is....:joeybats:
                        Nobody is doubting a niche wrestling network on some sports tier wouldn't succeed, it absolutely would.

The problem is, would it be profitable? WWE 24/7 wasn't profitable enough to justify it's existence.

Worse yet, McMahon doesn't want to be on a sports tier, he wants it on the main tier. You pay for Spike TV, you pay for the WWE Network. He doesn't see it as a stupid niche thing as you mentioned. He wants it as a total network on level with USA or any other major cable networks.

As usual despite trying to do everything but wrestling McMahon is going to fail miserably at this venture.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          Let's see how this Rocky thing turns out.
                          It's going to be terrible. At least 5 trending mentions and a bunch of poop and dick jokes.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Actually it's worse than I could have imagined.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                              True Blue
                              • Feb 2009

i thought it was pretty funny

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

That was SO BAD.

Comment