• Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
    Lookie what I just found...

[youtube]a6vP7ud836k[/youtube]

I know the bigger Wrestling Heads have already seen this but it never hurts to watch.
    This is a fantastic show.

Same for 1995. Legendary stuff.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dave
      I don't know why everyone's so down on Brodus. I like his act ... and you don't have to be a perfect wrestler to draw money (see Honky Tonk Man). I agree the girls help Brodus ... which was acknowledged with the tweaked theme music, but Brodus isn't that bad.
      The whole Brock Lesnar thing is just kinda weird. Loved Paul Heyman showing up, though.
      I also like Lord Tensai, but he will never get over in the WWE. They just see hairy-backed Albert.
      The point is, if Brodus Clay is the first name that pops into HHH's head when talking about the success of WWE developmental, it's time to reevaluate the system.

Comment

• krulmichael
        STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        The point is, if Brodus Clay is the first name that pops into HHH's head when talking about the success of WWE developmental, it's time to reevaluate the system.
        I'm relatively sure Sheamus came from that system as well. Brodus is just more recent.

Twitch Channel
        http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
        Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
        Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
        Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
        Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
          I'm relatively sure Sheamus came from that system as well. Brodus is just more recent.
          Yeah, he did, but the WWE has this weird thing where they consider you an outsider if you came from somewhere else first. Sheamus wrestled in Europe for many years, but he was pretty bad iirc. So yeah, to me he is the best example of what has been churned out at Florida.

OVW blew away FCW in terms of producing talent, but that's what happens when smart people like Jim Ross, Heyman, and Cornette are involved.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Guys considered home grown
            Sheamus
            Cody Rhodes
            Santino
            Alex Riley
            Brodus
            Damien Sandow
            Darren Young
            Dave Otunga
            Dolph Ziggler (he's been with them forever so he'd be part of the group that came up through OVW)
            Drew McIntyre
            Ezekiel
            Heath Slater
            Jack Swagger
            The Uso's
            Johnny Curtis
            JTG
            Justin Gabriel
            Kofi Kingston
            Mason Ryan
            Mike McGillicutty Hennig
            The Miz
            Ryback
            Ted Dibiase Jr
            Titus O'Neil
            Trent Baretta
            Wade Barrett
            Zach Ryder

Guys off the indy's
            CM Punk
            Daniel Bryan
            Evan Bourne
            Tyson Kidd

Guys from international promotions
            Alberto Del Rio
            The Colon's (even though they were young when signed)
            Hunico (don't know his story)
            Sin Cara
            Yoshi Tatsu

Misc
            Khali
            Hornswoggle
            Jinder Mahal (?)

Veterans
            Christian (homegrown)
            Cena (homegrown)
            Mark Henry (homegrown)
            Orton (homegrown)
            R-Truth
            Mysterio
            Big Show
            Booker T
            Kane
            HHH
            Taker
            Regal

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

-Hunico was indy luchadore Incognito. He could fit into indy or international.

-Not sure if I would call Sheamus, McIntyre, Gabriel, Barrett, or Dibiase home grown, but it's debatable and a minor gripe. They all wrestled for years internationally.

-Christian was an indy guy many moons ago, he came from the Canadian indy scene.

-Khali came from Japan. Hornswoggle was an indy guy. Jinder Mahal came from Calgary around the same time as Harry Smith, Tyson Kidd, etc.

Comment

• krulmichael
                STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                • Feb 2009

Speaking of Barrett, he has to be close to coming back from that injury. It's been what, 3-4 months already?

Twitch Channel

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

At what point are we considering guys "WWE made"? I mean, sure, Christian was an Indy geek at some point early on, but I'd consider him a WWE-made guy...

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

Whose name would you use? Not being sarcastic, just curious.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

ZIGGY!!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

If he was strictly talking about Florida, it would have to be Sheamus, right?

Maybe even The Miz. But he's been around for so long now, i'm not even sure if he was Florida or OVW, tbh.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

If he was strictly talking about Florida, it would have to be Sheamus, right?

Maybe even The Miz. But he's been around for so long now, i'm not even sure if he was Florida or OVW, tbh.
                          H's was talking about recent success, under his watch...

Miz and Sheamus are guys that were in developmental years ago. Miz was on Tough Enough EIGHT years ago lol. And, with the E, he actually started off in Deep South. Nick Nemeth has been around a little longer than the Miz. I remember that dude wrestling when Paul Birchall was the OVW champ. Damn.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            H's was talking about recent success, under his watch...

Miz and Sheamus are guys that were in developmental years ago. Miz was on Tough Enough EIGHT years ago lol. And, with the E, he actually started off in Deep South. Nick Nemeth has been around a little longer than the Miz. I remember that dude wrestling when Paul Birchall was the OVW champ. Damn.
                            Yeah, which is kind of scary.

To be fair, Triple H signed two world class veterans that were thought to be can't miss (Kharma, Sin Cara) that just haven't worked out, and on his watch FCW is now loaded with the cream of the crop of indy talent (Chris Hero, Claudio, Steamboat, Tyler Black, Brodie Lee just started up, Ambrose, etc).

Totally whiffing on the last Tough Enough is a huge negative mark. There were no future stars on that show, but there were plenty of potential solid mid card workers like Matt Cross, Martin, that cocky kid whose name escapes me that should have won, & the hillbilly that went back to MMA and just lost on Bellator a few weeks ago. Instead, they kept the women, who were terrible.

Comment

• krulmichael
                              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                              • Feb 2009

To be fair, Triple H signed two world class veterans that were thought to be can't miss (Kharma, Sin Cara) that just haven't worked out, and on his watch FCW is now loaded with the cream of the crop of indy talent (Chris Hero, Claudio, Steamboat, Tyler Black, Brodie Lee just started up, Ambrose, etc).

Totally whiffing on the last Tough Enough is a huge negative mark. There were no future stars on that show, but there were plenty of potential solid mid card workers like Matt Cross, Martin, that cocky kid whose name escapes me that should have won, & the hillbilly that went back to MMA and just lost on Bellator a few weeks ago. Instead, they kept the women, who were terrible.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

FCW is pretty loaded.

But yeah, his big signings, Kong and Mistico...so far...busts. Kong got preggers right as she was really becoming a star as a female and Mistico sucks in the first place.

I do think H's realized early on though, they need to bring in the Indy guys...they are the most ready to go and don't need much, if any at all work in FCW. Maybe to work hard camera and to develop a character, but really...Hero, Claudio, Moxley...those boys are ready to go.

Comment

Working...