• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derrville
    Dallas has no coaching...
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    More on Nigel...

He apparently failed a physical, or something along those lines, due to his assortment of injuries that he never let heal properly over the last few years. So the WWE pulled back the contract offer, and Vince Russo pushed for TNA to bring him in.

Bryan Danielson is all clear, signed his contract, and is expected to start with WWE any day now. He is expected to go directly to the main roster, and for his sake, I hope to God it's ECW.
    Wrestlezone said that wasnt the case.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Here's what Dave Meltzer had to say in the Observer this week:

McGuinness was signed by TNA after WWE decided against signing him after they gave him an extensive battery of tests and felt his body had too many injuries and decided against offering him a contract. Bryan Danielson has been offered a contract and is expected to debut imminently with WWE on television. When TNA got word he was available, although whether they knew why or not, apparently Vince Russo watched tapes and was impressed with his interview ability. The booking decision, believe it or not, was to put him against Angle right away because they didn’t want to go to Angle vs. A.J. Styles, which is the long-term direction, so soon.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Derrville
        Wrestlezone said that wasnt the case.
        Almost every other source is saying that it is. and it does make sense - McGuiness wrecked himself through his ROH title reign. He was a physical mess. I was there when he lost the belt to Jerry Lynn (so was W2BTD, I believe) and he was a mess. If I remember correctly, it normally takes about six months for the bicep surgery he had on both biceps to heal... and Nigel was back in the ring in 3-4. Hardly a stretch to think he's not back to full physical condition.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
          Almost every other source is saying that it is. and it does make sense - McGuiness wrecked himself through his ROH title reign. He was a physical mess. I was there when he lost the belt to Jerry Lynn (so was W2BTD, I believe) and he was a mess. If I remember correctly, it normally takes about six months for the bicep surgery he had on both biceps to heal... and Nigel was back in the ring in 3-4. Hardly a stretch to think he's not back to full physical condition.
          The man came back the next day and wanted to compete in the scheduled Tag, his body at that point was just done. if there was a cam there filming him trying to go though his pre show work out and irrate his body just had nothing left to give he would have been the biggest babyface on the indys.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
            Formerly ravensownall17
            • Feb 2009

Stevie Richards back after the match Sunday: http://tweetphoto.com/qjzqafip#

Wrestling is fake...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              "Wrestlezone" also reported that TNA didn't want him using his "real name" of Nigel McGuinness, so McGuinness came up with Desomond Wolf.

"Nigel McGuinness" is a gimmick name.

So yeah.

Comment

• Derrville
                Dallas has no coaching...
                • Jul 2009

"Wrestlezone" also reported that TNA didn't want him using his "real name" of Nigel McGuinness, so McGuinness came up with Desomond Wolf.

"Nigel McGuinness" is a gimmick name.

So yeah.
                Actually PWInsider reported it. Wrestlezone re reported it. And thats exactly why TNA didnt want him to use McGuinness, they wanna avoide copyrights to names. Thought that was pretty obvious.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Derrville
                  Actually PWInsider reported it. Wrestlezone re reported it. And thats exactly why TNA didnt want him to use McGuinness, they wanna avoide copyrights to names. Thought that was pretty obvious.
                  Yeah, that part is obvious. TNA always does that.

But Nigel McGuinness is not the man's name. PWInsider shouldnt report that, and Wrestlezone shouldnt re report that.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

It doesn't take much research to figure out his real name is Steven Haworth.

Originally posted by BigBiss
                    The man came back the next day and wanted to compete in the scheduled Tag, his body at that point was just done. if there was a cam there filming him trying to go though his pre show work out and irrate his body just had nothing left to give he would have been the biggest babyface on the indys.
                    That doesn't surprise me. I already liked him at that point of that match, but watching him go through that match with Lynn made him one of my favorites. Guts. Pure guts.

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1XwrI65Weg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Halloween edition of the ACW Interview Reel (10-22-09)[/ame]

maybe the most entertaining Promo Reel wee have produced

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

WWE signs Lance Cade.

Comment

• BigBiss
                          • Mar 2009

WWE signs Lance Cade.
                          wow he must have cleaned up and got on the strait and narrow ... Lance wake up you got to catch your plane

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                            Formerly ravensownall17
                            • Feb 2009

What do they see in Cade? He always seemed rather bland and his work in the ring wasn't great.

Wait, this is WWE I'm talking about...why am I asking what they see in Cade...

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                              What do they see in Cade? He always seemed rather bland and his work in the ring wasn't great.

Wait, this is WWE I'm talking about...why am I asking what they see in Cade...
                              He was the Guy HBK saw the most promises in at the SMWA if he dont make it then...

Comment

• RKO BLACK RKO
                                i did it 4 the YAWK
                                • Feb 2009

Angle face turn all in 1 night, i like i like

Comment

Working...