X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Somebody has to take the blame for the buyrate.

It won't be The Ryback or Kane.

Comment

• Leftwich
      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
      Agreed I heard people going on about how TLC might do a big buyrate because of Ryberg.

And speaking of the TLC PPV the WWE has done a very good job with The Shield so far.
      I want to see them wrestle in singles matches.

Originally posted by Tailback U
      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Why do you want to see The Shield work singles matches?

They are a band of mercenary thugs that get over as a unit and go over EVERYBODY.

You start putting them in singles and they start losing...you lose that aura.

They have a good thing going with The Shield right now. Perhaps the WWE's best booking at the moment. They've always looked strong. They beat up everyone. No one has given them even the slightest comeuppance.

Right now, you have a "loose stable" under Heyman's direction...Punk, Lesnar, The Shield...even Maddox is on the take...that's a good little group of heels to take you into and beyond WrestleMania.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Why do you want to see The Shield work singles matches?

They are a band of mercenary thugs that get over as a unit and go over EVERYBODY.

You start putting them in singles and they start losing...you lose that aura.

They have a good thing going with The Shield right now. Perhaps the WWE's best booking at the moment. They've always looked strong. They beat up everyone. No one has given them even the slightest comeuppance.

Right now, you have a "loose stable" under Heyman's direction...Punk, Lesnar, The Shield...even Maddox is on the take...that's a good little group of heels to take you into and beyond WrestleMania.
          This, hopefully they don't fuck this up.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

It's a shame Heyman had Maddox strung up in a meat locker somewhere by The Shield.

Figuratively.

Then again, it's Maddox's footage that cause Heyman to almost get shitcanned in the first place so Brad had it coming.

Especially if it's about beefing over who gets more money.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Great story....the journalist tweeted Punk and he's a big fan of the liquor store owner now (ironic?).

The guy was shot in the eye in a hold-up because he wouldn't hand over the money to the robber. Police later arrested two suspects.

There's a video in the piece, too. The guy tells the newsman that being attacked was not the worst thing to happen to him recently, seeing Punk lose to Rock was.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=3x2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&p age_count=10&pf_id=9216&pl_id=20694&rel=3&show_tit le=0&tags=news_local&va_id=3920869&volume=8&window s=1" width="425" height="330"></iframe>

that's an awesome guy right there

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Just watched a Vadersault compilation on YouTube. Was there ever a more intimidating wrestler than Vader? I really need to check out the old NWA/early WCW days. I've heard his work and Cactus Jack was pretty solid. I was more of a WWF fan as a little guy.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                  Just watched a Vadersault compilation on YouTube. Was there ever a more intimidating wrestler than Vader? I really need to check out the old NWA/early WCW days. I've heard his work and Cactus Jack was pretty solid. I was more of a WWF fan as a little guy.
                  Vader was at his best - in America at least - during his early 90s WCW run. They had some really good stuff in the early 90s. Some ridiculous gimmicks and dumb booking but some really good in-ring work.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Vader in the early 90's was fantastic...

Cactus Jack, Sting, Flair, Ron Simmons...had some underrated WCW Worldwide type matches with Steamboat

There is a good match with Vader and Bam Bam tagging up against the Steiners floating around the internets somewhere. Same for a Vader/Austin v. Flair/Arn match.

Found It!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

El Generico passed his physicals and officially signed on the dotted line today.

He will report to Florida where he will learn how to work, brother.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Meltzer is now saying TLC did 71,000 domestic. He said it was so low he thought there had to be an error, so he made calls to WWE to confirm and they never got back to him.

That's a 30% drop from the last two years.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

So yeah, keep telling yourself Ziggler should be winning Rumbles and headlining WrestleMania (not that anybody here is doing that, but look around the internet).

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Now the people who went on about how Ryback is proving to be a draw back in December are now backing off and saying "well you can't sell PPV's around that time of the year". I really hope Ryback goes through the midcard and chases the IC or US title but I think Vince is going to put all his eggs in this guys basket.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

El Generico is telling people that he will be wrestling without the mask in Florida.

oh boy.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

NXT roster page updated:

Larry Ginger

Comment

Working...