X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    El Generico appeared on an NXT show as El Generico, wearing his mask & gear.

Doesnt mean anything, obviously this can change.
    Do not make me hyperventilate.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

There's a cool link in the NJPW New Beginning thread.

Just saying.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Juggernaut
        Sitting on the Sidelines
        • Dec 2008

Watched 2 minutes of TNA before hogan's daughter came out and ruined everything.

Taryn Terrell has a nice pair of tits, wrestling should have more female refs

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Juggernaut
          Taryn Terrell has a nice pair of tits, wrestling should have more female refs
          This. Totally. Such a simple idea. A poor ref can certainly hurt a match, but its not like the Knockouts division is Shimmer at this point. Its a bit of eyecandy having short, shitty matches so it can't exactly take away from the "quality" involved. Adding more eye candy is just smart.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

lol @ Joe Parks and Hogan talking politicking.

Joe/Angle was fun despite the run in.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

WWE has issued a statement to Cageside Seats in response to Tammy Sytch's allegations that she had been treated badly by WWE's former talent rehabilitation assistance program. We're told that in the future "WWE will no longer fund her rehabilitation"

we cover this yet?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Kayfabe Commentaries must be thrilled with all this attention.

Elsewhere there's a video DDP put out there with Jake Roberts trying to help Hall through a rough stretch.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

Hall is a lost cause at this point. Even if he changed his life around and got on the straight and narrow, he'd be dead in a month. Guys like him can't quit, and if it ever happens, his body is going to give out because it's so used to being drugged out. Like Flair, if he ever gave up the wrasslin business and drinking, his heart would give up on him faster than any of his ex wives ever did

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

Really sad to hear about Hall.

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

In the interest of fair reporting i am now working with the NWA ...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss

In the interest of fair reporting i am now working with the NWA ...
                        Archer & Smith are my (very) early favorite for tag team of the year. I love their stuff. Archer has gone from Suzuki's shitty G1 Tag League parter to a legit monster gaijin ass kicker with credibility. He's facing Nakamura for the IC title next, which should be interesting. I'd like to see Smith be more a aggressive, but he's projecting himself much better these days.

Too bad I can't convince more people to sample New Japan, they are missing some great stuff. The KES/TenKoji matches are never ones i look forward to, but then they deliver and im always entertained.

biss, is Dark City Fight Club done with NWA? I know Jon Davis blew off a Houston show to work the Jeff Peterson Cup, and thats how the titles ended up on KOTU.

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

I dropped a uh.... link that could have some of the NJPW iPPV in it in the New Beginnings thread.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                            I dropped a uh.... link that could have some of the NJPW iPPV in it in the New Beginnings thread.
                            ...and here is a nice companion link to THAT link...

For some perspective, the initial New Japan iPPV attempts in 2012 broke all time wrestling iPPV records, finishing in the 50,000 range. While WWE offers iPPV for its traditional PPV events, and does a reported 10-30,000 buys per typical show, let's put them aside for the sake of this discussion, because obviously this is not an apples to apples comparison as the bulk of their business is traditional cable/satellite PPV. That makes ROH the second biggest iPPV based company in the world, and a strong ROH show does roughly 2,000 buys. New Japan is now doing numbers that not only completely obliterate other iPPV companies like ROH, Chikara, and Dragon Gate USA/EVOLVE, but with numbers in the 100,000 neighborhood, they are right in the lower end of what the WWE does domestically for traditional PPV. The bulk of these iPPV orders are from Japan (WrestleKingdom supposedly did 1,000 or so international buys, which is only 1% of the total buys), so New Japan is rivaling the WWE in domestic PPV purchases in each promotions respective home territory. When you compare the populations of the United States (plus Canada, which figures into the WWE domestic numbers) to the population of Japan, New Japan is getting a much larger number of buys per capita than the WWE.

(contains spoilers)

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              Archer & Smith are my (very) early favorite for tag team of the year. I love their stuff. Archer has gone from Suzuki's shitty G1 Tag League parter to a legit monster gaijin ass kicker with credibility. He's facing Nakamura for the IC title next, which should be interesting. I'd like to see Smith be more a aggressive, but he's projecting himself much better these days.

Too bad I can't convince more people to sample New Japan, they are missing some great stuff. The KES/TenKoji matches are never ones i look forward to, but then they deliver and im always entertained.

biss, is Dark City Fight Club done with NWA? I know Jon Davis blew off a Houston show to work the Jeff Peterson Cup, and thats how the titles ended up on KOTU.
                              DCFC in general seems to be done, Jon Davis is more focused on his evolve run ... this new group is asking there champs to be committed to the NWA, i don't think that's a bad thing

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Garbage promo by the Rock.

Comment

Working...