X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Yoshi Tatsu ‏@YoshiTatsuWWE
    I have studied English for 5 hours… I'm exhausted… But I really want to succeed in WWE. Keep on doing!

When I greeted #PaulBearer at the arena, he was alway very kind to me. I'm very sad… #RIPPaulBearer Respect.

I have studied English for 6 hours… I'm hugry… #YoshiRevolution #Persevere

I have studied English for 3 hours. English is a key to be a champion! I cannot turn back.

Today 3/11 is two years from the Greatest East Japan Earthquake. Japan is still under the suffering… Please pray & RT for Japan. Thank you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it kill them to give this guy a god damn undercard push? Just seems like such a humble, hard working dude. His twitter is loaded with shit like this...he's always working on his English and he gets up at like 4am every day to work out. He totally gets it - he knows promos and body are the key. What he doesn't get, is Vince will never allow a Japanese man with broken english to get past mid card comedy or a one PPV heel title shot.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Heyman a few years back talking Vince and his peculiarities to Helwani.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

I think Yoshi should jump to New Japan & join Suzukigun as a mock Tanahashi heel doppelganger. He can do the whole air guitar deal and everything. $$$$

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Heyman a few years back talking Vince and his peculiarities to Helwani.

Heyman is so awesome in this clip.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Yeah, they always joke that Vince is totally oblivious to pop culture and hasn't seen a movie in decades. He always needs things explained in creative meetings, a lot of times "doesn't get it", and writers get frustrated because he almost never "gets" a reference or joke.

I don't think Vince is what i would call eccentric, I just get the impression that he is lazer focused on his job and cares little about anything else.
            I think my favorite Vince/pop culture story is the one told by one of the old writers on I Want Wrestling that Vince, like 5-6 years after the entire world, saw Pirates of the Caribbean and decided at THAT moment that they had to capitalize on this craze and Paul Burchill was created.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

I wish they could sit closer. That was really good though. Has my favorite Heyman quote and the quote I live my life by:

"Accentuate the strengths, hide the negatives."
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Arda Ocal noted on Twitter that he spoke to Jake "The Snake" Roberts this weekend and the WWE Legend has been sober now for 110 days, the longest he's ever gone since he was 10 years old. When Jake started Diamond Dallas Page's DDPYOGA, he was at 305lbs. and he's now down to almost 230lbs.
                SINCE HE WAS 10 YEARS OLD.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                  SINCE HE WAS 10 YEARS OLD.
                  Crazy.

You'd be a raging alcoholic/drug addict too if you were the product of incest, and your old man physically & mentally abused you & all of your siblings.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Such a shame too, Jake is a brilliant wrestling mind, by all rights he should be working behind the scenes for a major company crafting promos and coming up with stories.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Vince never knew ECW existed until Sunny handed him a VHS tape before a Shotgun Saturday Night taping and said "you NEED to watch this."

Vince is completely unaware of what's going on outside the bubble, he isnt chilling on YouTube watching Botchamania sharing a laugh with Kevin Dunn.

Vince probably has never seen an ROH match in his life, and probably only is aware of it because Punk talks about it and maybe he hears agents bring it up when they sign people.

Vince has no clue.
                      This is correct.

Shit is funneled down. Someone watches stuff (assistant staffers), but it ain't Vince.

Nothing gets to the Vince...Vince just knows what he sees on WWE TV.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

I have studied English for 5 hours… I'm exhausted… But I really want to succeed in WWE. Keep on doing!

When I greeted #PaulBearer at the arena, he was alway very kind to me. I'm very sad… #RIPPaulBearer Respect.

I have studied English for 6 hours… I'm hugry… #YoshiRevolution #Persevere

I have studied English for 3 hours. English is a key to be a champion! I cannot turn back.

Today 3/11 is two years from the Greatest East Japan Earthquake. Japan is still under the suffering… Please pray & RT for Japan. Thank you.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it kill them to give this guy a god damn undercard push? Just seems like such a humble, hard working dude. His twitter is loaded with shit like this...he's always working on his English and he gets up at like 4am every day to work out. He totally gets it - he knows promos and body are the key. What he doesn't get, is Vince will never allow a Japanese man with broken english to get past mid card comedy or a one PPV heel title shot.
                        He's jobbing out on NXT.

He gets over with the crowd as a face.

Good for Yoshi, but he should probably head back to Japan. One thing Vince will never get and honestly, I am not sure the American audience will fully, either...is a big time Asian star. Latinos, sure. Blacks, yup. Samoans...of course. Asian...just don't see it.

Muta was over for a bit, but its fucking Muta.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

There is an old Heyman interview when he was a writer on Smackdown that was fantastic and he talks about how The Rock (who had just left and started taking movies) if and when he does return...should be a heel...because he'd be a MASSIVE heel once he came back, and would cut promos about how he doesn't have time, he's gotta shoot another movie and talking down to fans. Was a fantastic idea...too bad when Rock did come back, they never played it up and they kept him face...but, it would have been a great idea for the WWE to have Rock come back as a heel for Mr. WWE, John Cena to beat him. They obviously did massive buys and business with face Rock, but the idea of him coming back as a heel is pretty damn good, too.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

They did do Hollywood Rock a decade ago tho....and it was awesome.

The Rock's accountant....IRA GOLDBERG!!!

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Heel Rock would be great. Have him completely changed by the glamour of Hollywood.

I honestly thought that would have been a money gimmick for a guy like Ted Dibiase Jr or the Miz. Come back from making some really shitty straight to DVD movie and act like you are some sort of A list star who is above this joke of professional wrestling

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                                They did do Hollywood Rock a decade ago tho....and it was awesome.

The Rock's accountant....IRA GOLDBERG!!!
                                That was with the most half-assed Rock imaginable and someone who wasn't quite the nostalgia act like he is now...

When he finally returned to fight Cena, as a heel...would have been gold.

Comment

Working...