X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adembroski
    All-Inclusive!
    • Feb 2009

Weird... I seem to remember that SHOGUN and I never agreed on anything... apparently professional wrestling is our common ground, because I've been nodding my head and virtually everything he says in these threads.
    S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by adembroski
      Weird... I seem to remember that SHOGUN and I never agreed on anything... apparently professional wrestling is our common ground, because I've been nodding my head and virtually everything he says in these threads.
      I remember the opposite. I recall seeing eye-to-eye with you on several things dating back to MM.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

I recall you both sucking each others cocks.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          I recall you both sucking each others cocks.

Lanny Poffo & Terry Garvin?

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Pat Patterson & Steve Lombardi?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Billy & Chuck?

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

Lodi and Lenny Lane?

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  • Jul 2009

X-Pac and Chyna?

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Vince McMahon?

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      Vince McMahon?
                      and Stephanie McMahon in the incest angle that never came to be

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

TNA signs AAA's Zorro to a two year deal. Steve "Dr. Lucha" Sims reports it's a $2M per year deal.

Unreal. TNA is bleeding red, and they sign a complete piece of shit who won't draw a single dime to a crazy deal. Zorro sucks. Bad.

The only good thing about this, is I watch AAA but I don't watch TNA, so now I don't have to sit through a weekly Zorro match.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          • Jul 2009

Mike Quakenbush VS. Claudio Castagnoli. Great finish.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_OqtON3X4[/ame]

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Haha I posted that match in the Quackenbush profile in the Top 100 thread. Good stuff.

Comment

• adembroski
                              All-Inclusive!
                              • Feb 2009

I'm pissed at wrestling right now.

Actually, I'm pissed at Vince McMahon and Dixie Carter and every other fuckwad who's allowed shit like Big Dick Johnson to happen.

I'm pissed that I'll never know if Cena actually deserves the shit he takes or if he's stuck in the same 5-move rotation because that's how WWE creative fulfills its need to control every single minute aspect of the show.

I'm pissed at Russo, Hogan, and Bischoff for thinking they can take on the WWE at it's own game by resurrecting the same shit that killed the last company they worked for.

I'm pissed because I waste 2 hours watching wrestling shows that have 8 minutes of actual wrestling.

I'm pissed because having 10 guys surround a ring and mob Cena with fake looking punches and everyone basically falling all over the place and making a mess is actually the most interesting thing that's happened in mainstream wrestling in the last 10 years.

And when it comes right down too it, what's the difference between Nexus and Immortal other than it not being made up of social security recipients?

Credit where credit is due, thank God the WWE has finally seen fit to shelve the goddamn geriatrics. Hey, I know, Triple H is over, Undertaker is over, Kane is over, Y2J is over, HBK is over... but goddamn it at some point it just gets stale. I don't care how much I enjoy watching some of these guys (speaking of Jericho, mostly), when the same damn people are passing the strap around in 2010 that were winning it in 1997, something's wrong. I think CM Punk and The Miz are some of the best things going in wrestling right now, but if they're still winning championships in 2025 I'm going to be pissed.

Is there any end in sight? Is there any hope that RoH will grow beyond at least TNA? Is there any chance that Dixie Carter will see the light and realize she can't do what the WWE does on a 10th of the budget and expect to beat them at their own game? Will these attention whore 40-50 year olds ever decide they've had enough limelight and hang up the goddamn boots?

Someone save me from the Vinces.
                              S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by adembroski
                                I'm pissed because having 10 guys surround a ring and mob Cena with fake looking punches and everyone basically falling all over the place and making a mess is actually the most interesting thing that's happened in mainstream wrestling in the last 10 years.

Is there any end in sight? Is there any hope that RoH will grow beyond at least TNA? Is there any chance that Dixie Carter will see the light and realize she can't do what the WWE does on a 10th of the budget and expect to beat them at their own game? Will these attention whore 40-50 year olds ever decide they've had enough limelight and hang up the goddamn boots?
                                Certainly having 3-minute matches on RAW each week is infuriating, especially when it's guys like Danielson, Morrison, Miz, Kidd, etc. who can work 30 minutes if they were called upon to. 3 minutes does absolutely nothing for anyone except piss off viewers b/c nothing of note can happen in a 3 minute wrestling match.

I will say, we've had plenty of interesting/great things happen in the past 10 years besides Cena getting beaten down by a gang.

The Invasion (at least in the beginning, in theory...was interesting)

The Radicalz showing up on RAW (....and HHH killing them off)

The Benoit/Eddie lead up to the titles in 2004 were great

Brock/Angle was awesome

The Smackdown Six were fucking awesome

Shawn's return and the realization that the man was probably a better all-round wrestler than he was when he left.

Shawn/Taker was balls to the wall AWESOME.

Week 1 of Nexus was unbelievably awesome...then it ended days later.

The return of Hogan to WWE in 2002 was fun......Hogan/Rock was great

Taker's continued evolution was fun

heel John Cena was fun

Batista/HHH in 2005 was great

Ric Flair's retirement from WWE was great

Chris Jericho's transformation from Y2J into heel Jericho was awesome

The first One Night Stand was FUCKING AWESOME (even if Eddie/Benoit was a letdown)

The Jericho/Michaels feud (all incarnations of it) was brilliant

Shelton Benjamin's one shining moment, the RAW match with Michaels was sweet

The development of the Miz has been cool

Comment

Working...