X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    He was tripping over the material and did not look confidant. And he was clearly flustered by the (admittedly tired and annoying) "what" nonsense.
    That "what" shit annoys me. Used occasionally, it's funny ... but now it's just old.

And I edited my post.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

The line about guaranteed money didn't fit in entirely.

You have Nash pleading his case that his buddy HHH put him up to it. Punk calls BS and then goes on the offensive talking about Nash as an old hack who's out of his element. Nash gets defensive and calls Punk small, doesn't look like a champion, blah blah blah and you should be thanking me for getting guaranteed money.

The hell, you just cost the guy his belt and now you want respect?

It's intriguing only in the aspect of what HHH has to say about the accusation and where it goes from there. I'm just hoping Nash's role is more short term than anything else.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Agree that Nash came across way less smooth than normal. He's better than that, whether you go by his TNA promos or even just interviews (like the recent WWE Legends episode). Whether he didn't like the lines they wrote for him or what, it didn't work as well as it should've.

Edit - and that guaranteed money line... Does the WWE do guaranteed deals at this point? So far as I was aware, they were still doing downside type deals for the most part.... Maybe with a few veteran exceptions for guys like Taker. But I think most guys are only guaranteed a relatively small amount and then get a cut based on every show they work.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
          Edit - and that guaranteed money line... Does the WWE do guaranteed deals at this point? So far as I was aware, they were still doing downside type deals for the most part.... Maybe with a few veteran exceptions for guys like Taker. But I think most guys are only guaranteed a relatively small amount and then get a cut based on every show they work.
          downside guarantees...Everyone technically makes guaranteed money, but the real money is in merch, video games, etc.

If you believe Nash, he and Hall were the guys to usher in the era of guaranteed money thanks to stupid Turner execs.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

There is no question Hall & Nash changed the pay structure for everyone. McMahon was still paying old school gate percentages until he was forced to change to compete with what Turner was doing.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-H9H122VLU[/ame]

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                Nash was very disappointing on the stick. He looked uncomfortable. He always cuts great promos in TNA, he should be one of the few guys who they let do his own thing. That was pretty bad, he was outclassed badly.
                Its tough going from talking to 200 people to 10,000+. He delivered the same promos as he did in TNA...calm, slightly indifferent, but to the point, and had a quip where he hated on the size of one of the new main event wrestlers.

Just didn't come out as smooth as you'd hope from him.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Its going to end up being Johnny Ace "signing" Kevin Nash to a deal, and it'll come out he ordered the "hit" on the winner.

It would behoove the E to involve Johnny Ace in more storyline. If you don't know a Johnny Ace in your office, job, etc. you ain't working. There is a Johnny Ace in everyone's life.

Comment

• manchild24
                    Kyle got fired
                    • Nov 2008

I was so turned off by Raw with Nash being back. Yeah they are playing an interesting angle with the "conspiracy" thing. But really Nash?!?!?

I officially fucking hate ADR. I guess he is playing the heel role well then. And that fucking announcer of his Id love to fucking slap him in the face. Yes slap, he doesnt to be punched.

Survivor Serires will be a triple a threat with ADR CENA and Punk (just my call)

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

Just watched money in the bank main event again

It's been all down hill since....

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                        • Jul 2009

Is it bad that I pop more for Rodriguez than Del Rio at this point? I love that guy.

But I'm glad Del Rio has the title. Now they'll be able to give him some depth. That "Destiny" shit was tired.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                          Is it bad that I pop more for Rodriguez than Del Rio at this point? I love that guy.

But I'm glad Del Rio has the title. Now they'll be able to give him some depth. That "Destiny" shit was tired.
                          Del Rio has no depth, and its not his fault. Its the writers. They've given him legitimately, nothing to do since his feud with Mysterio.

Ever since, its been the "destiny" angle, but he hasn't had an actual program since.

Now he's champ and he'll be the bum champion that never wins and is going to be B-Lined by the Cena Express.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

So im sure there is no way they find a creative way to tie R-Truth into all of this...

speaking of Del Rio depth maybe they could anounce he is related to Mil by the mexico tour

Comment

• SHOGUN
                              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                              • Jul 2009

This sounds kinda stupid. Very TNA-ish. Just do a legitimate Ironman match.

Semi-OT: I LOATHE 10-15 Ironman matches. There is nothing Ironman about the time of a regular match.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47zQGnwD0[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                                This sounds kinda stupid. Very TNA-ish. Just do a legitimate Ironman match.

Semi-OT: I LOATHE 10-15 Ironman matches. There is nothing Ironman about the time of a regular match.
                                It's not that bad, although doing a 2/3 falls match with the 3rd fall being an iron man match (where hypothetically, there could be a million falls) is a bit weird.

1st fall = pinfall, 2nd fall = submission, 3rd fall = last man standing would seem to make more sense but I guess it would take more than 15 minutes to do the final fall properly.

Comment

Working...