X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

That would never work, it's too entertaining. They really have made that WM sign played out as shit. Two guys standing silently with it lit up and featured prominently in the background is so lowest common denominator of them. If I weren't watching a wrestling show, I'd feel insulted.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Hate it, hate it, hate it.

THE POINT.

I HATE THE POINT TO THE SIGN SO MUCH.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

The point to the WrestleMania logo is so cliche and corny.

The Royal Rumble winner doing it...ok.

Having the Undertaker do it...not ok.

Having everyone do it. Definitely not ok.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

They think it's so cute. It got old about the second week they started doing it a few years back.

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            They think it's so cute. It got old about the second week they started doing it a few years back.
            I think Trips did it first, it was cool then, im fine with it being the selling point of hhh and taker last year and this.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

I heard they were eliminating the MITB ppv, and moving the match back to WM.

Just wait until they start doing MITB qualifiers, and guys like Kofi Kingston and Hunico are doing the sign stare on a weekly basis.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                I heard they were eliminating the MITB ppv, and moving the match back to WM.

Just wait until they start doing MITB qualifiers, and guys like Kofi Kingston and Hunico are doing the sign stare on a weekly basis.
                I'm holding out hope for a few good sign stares per episode of Raw or SmackDown. If we're lucky...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

I remember when I was a kid, they would basically find a way to shoe horn every person on the roster onto every PPV show. Even if it meant random singles matches like Blue Blazer vs Mr Perfect or Red Rooster vs Brooklyn Brawler.

When guys were left off of shows, that's how you knew they were either hurt, or were about to show up on TBS soon.

Everybody was GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Earthquake vs. Adam Bomb @ WM X lol

Also, they ran out of time on that show and a 8 or 10 man tag was booted off and ended up on RAW.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Skinner vs Owen Hart

Greg Valentine was seemingly in a meaningless singles match on every PPV for like 15 years.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Maybe you guys can shed some light on this but I never "got" Valentine. He was always booked as you mentioned, always on PPVs, etc. yet I never thought his work was anything special, he was always grossly out of shape and looked boring as fuck (terrible promos, etc.)

Mind you I'm only 24 and never really watched NWA/WCW until probably 1992ish, so I probably missed his peak but at least from everything WWF I've watched I never quite saw the appeal.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                          Maybe you guys can shed some light on this but I never "got" Valentine. He was always booked as you mentioned, always on PPVs, etc. yet I never thought his work was anything special, he was always grossly out of shape and looked boring as fuck (terrible promos, etc.)

Mind you I'm only 24 and never really watched NWA/WCW until probably 1992ish, so I probably missed his peak but at least from everything WWF I've watched I never quite saw the appeal.
                          Valentine was a pretty good worker when he was young, particularly in the Mid Atlantic territory.

He worked that methodical 80's heel style, and in his early WWF days he was able to drag decent matches out of people like Junkyard Dog and Ivan Putski, which was no easy task. He was a guy who knew how to work that classic 80's style match where the babyface got a million hope spots, and he was great at selling the comebacks.

He was also often paired with sub par workers in heel teams, like Brutus Beefcake and Dino Bravo.

Then he got old, got lazy, and since he was never a great athlete or anything, his stuff started to look really bad. The couldn't really figure out what to do with him. They stuck him with Honkytonk Man, but his lack of charisma was comical. They turned him face, but again, he lacked charisma and his style didn't fit the role. They used him in prelims to put over heels getting big pushes until they finally let him go around 1992 or 1993. He went to WCW, but didn't last long. I remember him in weird tag teams with people like The Barbarian and Dick Slater that never connected or took off.

If you watch his Mid Atlantic stuff and early WWF stuff, you'll see a guy who really knew how to work for the era, and did a lot of great subtle things that helped carry matches against bad babyfaces. But yeah, he never really lit my world on fire, either. Pretty bland dude, but probably had a rep for being a great hand and solid guy for the midcard.

And he banged Madusa, so whatever that means.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Valentine & Beefcake, the Dream Team were an underrated tag.

If you really want to laugh your ass off though, check out the WWF feud between the Hammer & Ron Garvin.

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

I think Valentine was always someone the boys got more then the fans

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

I guess that's what was always weird to me. You had a bunch of these larger than life guys with big physiques, huge charisma, characters then this blonde, weird looking fat dude with no muscle mass who couldn't speak a lick.

Just seemed out of place. Never got it.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...