• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Kenny King is officially done with ROH.

Originally posted by ROH
    The appearance of ROH wrestler Kenny King on another television wrestling program tonight has raised speculation on his future as well as how this appearance could occur.

The contract Kenny King signed in June 2011 expired 11 days ago. Before that expiration, an agreement was reached between Kenny and ROH management for an extension of that contract, with a provision to allow him to negotiate with any other promotions so that he could evaluate his options and any potential interest in him elsewhere. When that short extension concluded he would then be free to accept an offer elsewhere, or sign another long term contract with ROH. Under this agreement, Kenny was free to negotiate but not to wrestle for another organization without ROH's permission.

When Kenny was presented with the written extension reflecting this verbal and handshake agreement, he informed ROH he was unsure if other promotions would accept the negotiation clause. He was told he could take the document to be examined by his attorney or other interested parties before executing it to be reassured any other offers would not be viewed as contract tampering. He also informed ROH that he would keep us apprised of any developments.

He contacted ROH on Tuesday July 3 to inform us that he had a meeting in Orlando on Thursday, July 5, which was within the scope of the agreement he had made. Then, early morning on July 5, he contacted an ROH official to say he would be wrestling on the Orlando event that night. He was told he did not have permission to appear live on television as it violated the agreement that had been made. His response was that the deal he had shaken hands on and agreed to in principle "seemed fair at the time", but "others" had told him it was not, so he did not intend to honor it.

Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.
    I'm not sure I understand ROH's gripe, here. They gave him the freedom to find an offer, and he found one to his liking. TNA decided to start him two days later after he talked to them, and he took the deal.

Wasn't that the entire point of granting him a grace period to find a new deal? To let him see if he could find one? And he did.

I guess ROH figured he would agree to a deal with another company, but not start until his short extension with ROH was up. In theory, this would allow them to get the tag team titles off of him before he left. But ROH doesnt have any shows booked until August, and clearly TNA wanted King for this Destination X deal, so if King didn't take the offer, the spot would have went to somebody else. I can't blame him at all for starting immediately, otherwise he may have lost the deal.

Besides, King never signed the deal with ROH anyway. He was clearly a free agent, and free to do as he wished.

ROH goofed by putting the belts on a guy whose contract was expiring in a week, that's the bottom line.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

ROH doesn't explain why they put a title on a guy with an expiring deal...did they think "hey, this guy has the title, he'll do business with us still" nevermind ROH not doing a show until fuckin August.

Too bad Rhett couldn't make the jump...ANX would be a nice TNA tag team.

ROH making dumb mistakes...not good.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

It's just an example of a company that's losing control of their day to day operations. Not unlike WCW or ECW before them. Very crazy and I hope King becomes something good in TNA, I've always liked his look and his ring work has improved tremendously since a few years ago.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

King v. Doug Williams in the finals, plz.

Also, saw they are going to have a "fatal fourway" with the four Indy losers which will probably open the show...so, hopefully Jigsaw wins so he can enter the tournament.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Gotta give big ups to Bubba Ray...

You look at ol boy in 1997 and now...and ol boy has lost a shit load of weight and put on some good size and muscle definition.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Gotta give big ups to Bubba Ray...

You look at ol boy in 1997 and now...and ol boy has lost a shit load of weight and put on some good size and muscle definition.
              If he was able to do this in WWE after they initially broke up the Dudley's, he could've done big things...if HHH allowed it. ;)

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Warner and I are recording a podcast later today most likely.

Send questions/comments to vsdwrestling@gmail.com
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

I want first half of the year awards on the podcast.

Top 5 matches of the year thus far?
                  Best worker?
                  Best event?

YUP.

Also, Skype me in...I'll put on a fantastic show.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Listening to the pocast...

Bubba Ray had go-away heat with you in ECW? How in the hell was that possible. In ECW, Bubba was one of the best heels in the business. Ol boy would create near riots. He was awful in the WWE, and for most of his TNA run...but he's on another level right now. He's in shape and he's been one of the best natural heels in either TNA or WWE or even the American Indy scene...really coming into his own as a doucher heel. The thing with he and Abyss is kind of silly, but it really is classic "sports entertainment"...its corny, but its working. Abyss has shown more charisma as Joe Park than he has in his entire career.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

I just never liked Bubba. He rubs me the wrong way. I will say that the thing with Joe Parks works, and you are dead on about Abyss.

Johnny Gargano looks to be leaving DGUSA/EVOLVE. His contract is up this month, lots of speculation that he has a deal waiting for him with WWE. DGUSA has offered him a new deal, which he has not signed. He will work the two DGUSA shows in Chicago & Detroit, so it looks like he might be dropping the title to Akira Tozawa in Detoit.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        I just never liked Bubba. He rubs me the wrong way. I will say that the thing with Joe Parks works, and you are dead on about Abyss.

Johnny Gargano looks to be leaving DGUSA/EVOLVE. His contract is up this month, lots of speculation that he has a deal waiting for him with WWE. DGUSA has offered him a new deal, which he has not signed. He will work the two DGUSA shows in Chicago & Detroit, so it looks like he might be dropping the title to Akira Tozawa in Detoit.
                        Gargano would be A+ in TNA right now.

He'll be a scrub in WWE...but I can picture Gargano killing the X-Division.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

In the good for him files....

Otunga has been cast in The Hive, an upcoming thriller starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin. What his role is hasn't been confirmed yet.

This was a project WWE Studios bought into months back, they're producing it after going half in with another studio.

WWE Studios presents Halle Berry.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

WWE Films needs to remove the "WWE" from the name of the film division. People will never take that shit seriously.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Kevin Nash was in Magic Mike, which is going to be a Top 15 grossing film of the summer season...

He keeps winning.

From Oz, to Odin, to fruit pop dancing in the background of a Channing Tatum movie...WWE Films is too good for Kevin Nash lololol

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Kevin Nash was in Magic Mike, which is going to be a Top 15 grossing film of the summer season...

He keeps winning.

From Oz, to Odin, to fruit pop dancing in the background of a Channing Tatum movie...WWE Films is too good for Kevin Nash lololol
                                You gotta get paid.

Best advice Nash ever gave.

Also, now "Old School" Dudleys promo featuring Calfzilla and the TV Champ making a crowd lose their shit:

[youtube]WrvkCA8gsAg[/youtube]

Comment

Working...