X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

You'd get the Monsoon/Heenan banter, and then Monsoon would be like "let's go to Maple Leaf Gardens, where the Hart Foundation took on the Killer Bees!", and the magic screen would emerge behind him.

Prime Time was tremendous.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Man McMahon wants to fire Bartlett within 15 seconds of him talking.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
        Man McMahon wants to fire Bartlett within 15 seconds of him talking.
        I remember during this era Bartlett would come on Imus the next morning (he was part of the show, thats how McMahon found him) and just tell the craziest stories about wacky Vince.

Like, Bartlett was hired specifically to tell jokes and try to be "edgy", but then Vince would berate him during breaks to stop goofing off. And when Bartlett would ask questions about workers and constantly refer to notes, Vince would be all aghast and would say things like "how are you not familiar with THEEE UNNNNDERTAAKER!", as if everybody on the planet knows who these goofy wrestlers are. Vince really is inside a bubble.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Look at how pissed he is when he says Yokozuna wrong.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Savage's commentary is always wacky good fun.

----

Watched this, this week. From 1993, Shawn defends the IC title against Duggan in a lumberjack match. Earlier that night, Perfect attacked him in the street.

Shawn bumps his ass off and they have a good match

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

5-star match?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                5-star match?

This is the match where WCW fired Darsow for blading, I think.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  I remember being mad that it was only one hour, and that the matches were shitty.

I wanted Prime Time Wrestling back, with the two hour format and the awesome undercard house show matches where guys like Brooklyn Brawler & Iron Mike Sharpe would get extended offense, and even win now & then.
                  Doink the fucking Clown would do Where's Waldo in the crowd during these early RAWs. Lulz.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Catching up with TNA...

This Claire Lynch storyline is awful.

LOLOLOLOLOL @ those photos of wasted AJ Styles. I'm fucking dead.

IT WENT ALL NIGHT, BABE...ALLLLLL NIGHT!!

She centered her inner Ric Flair.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Best gimmick in TNA...Christopher Daniels walking around with a Martini.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        5-star match?

Wow, cant believe ive never seen this. Awesome.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

The best part is when the church bus makes them stop.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                            [youtube]4ibkCchEqB8[/youtube]

100% NOT GUILTY.
                            Paul Bearer just wins at life with those mannerisms during promos.

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

going to check out the shine ippv tonight ... writing it off as a business expense

Comment

• IamMedellin
                                Everything Burns...
                                • Nov 2008

Vince McMahon Shares His Secrets Of Success, His Philosophy & More

Vince McMahon recently spoke with Bloomberg Businessweek about the "managerial secrets" of his success. Here are some highlights:

"You can't say, 'Go do so-and-so,' unless you're willing to do it. You can't ask someone to put in a zillion hours unless you're willing to go do it. You can't ask anyone to have a passion for a product unless you have it. Listening is a lost art. I have a unique ability to listen to myself as I’m talking. That’s somewhat unique, but I think that to listen is to learn."

"Certainly the best way to fail in management [is to be distant and imperious]. You shut people down. If you have all the answers, why is anyone around you? If your ego is so big, then there's no room for anyone else's. The fear stuff—that is so rotten. You have to earn everyone's respect. I have to do it every day. Sometimes I leave the office and I feel great. In military terms, I’ve got 'scrambled eggs on my cap.' I’ve got medals dripping off my chest. When I wake up in the morning, they're all gone. You have to earn everyone's respect in business every day."

"I average about four hours of sleep. I don't like to sleep. I'm missing something when I'm sleeping. From a personal standpoint, I'm aggressive by nature and I'm truculent by nature. So I need to have a socially acceptable outlet for that. That would be bodybuilding. I enjoy that. It's a challenge to be stronger."

"My first question is: Why do you want to work with WWE? They don't have to know WWE, by the way. They don't have to be fans. Sometimes that gets in the way. If they give me a boilerplate answer, I look at them and I say, 'That's a boilerplate answer. It's not what I'm looking for.' I'm very straightforward and very honest with people. That's what I want back. Don’t tell how to make the watch—tell me what time it is. Be honest. It cuts through a lot of crap. People know where they stand. They know where you stand. Life becomes a lot easier."

Comment

Working...