• JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
      Speaking of Perry Saturn, when did he go Mike Tyson on us?
      And here I heard that the man was dead.

Aside from the tattoo and bad lighting, you could mistake him for Konnan on a bad day.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

He's taking bookings again and has from all accounts has turned his life around.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Yeah, but none of that happened since the last PPV cycle, so it never happened.

Triple H never wrestled Undertaker at WrestleMania before 2010, either.
          Out of all of the ridiculous shit they pull off, that may have been my biggest WWE Pet Peeve over the years...

Why?

Because I fucking loved HHH-Undertaker I. When Taker put H's up for the Last Ride and H's smashed his brains in with the sledgehammer...only moment of the Taker's career I really thought Taker would lose a 'Mania match. Was fucking awesome.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Jim,

What are your thoughts on Ryback?

I'll hang up and listen for your answer.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

JimLevy/MikeChase,

Let me help you. What kind of wrestling would you like to watch? Clearly it isnt WWE. Tell me the style you like and let me point you in the direction of something you might enjoy a bit more. Stop driving yourself crazy watching shit you clearly don't enjoy.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

It'll be a b-show soon enough, like Larry pointed out. Same thing happened to Superstars.

Not that im complaining, I like the WWE b-shows, and always have. Superstars at times is really fun. Velocity used to be must watch back in the day, because you'd get long matches with good workers, and indy jobbers like Low Ki, Danielson, Samoa Joe, etc which was always fun to see.
                I'm really digging NXT, btw.

Dusty booked show...but with clean finishes (wut?)...reminds me of the latter days of WWECW where it was a fun wrestling program.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

I've actually started watching more ROH and some Japaneses wrestling on dailymotion.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Warner or anyone...help me out a little bit...we're discussing WWF/E bookers and the lineage of them...help a nigga out putting all of the pieces together.

Vince Sr. passes it on to Vince Jr. and teams him up with former Jim Crockett booker George Scott.

Scott re-signs from there and its a braintrust of Vince Jr., Pat Patterson, Gorilla, and Blackjack Lanza.

Somewhere in there Patterson emerges as the head guy.

I'm a bit vague on what happens between Patterson and Vince Russo/Vince Jr.

After Russo/Vince, Chris Kreski takes over...WWE does some of their best business.

Stephanie takes over and from there, everything segments.

Paul Heyman takes over Smackdown...after Heyman, its Dusty, then Michael Hayes, and now Ed Koskey.
                    Brian Gerwitz takes over RAW...and now its David Kapoor.

"Upper Developmental" as I'll call it (ECW/NXT) was Heyman, then Dave Lagana...Dusty was involved at the end, as was Michael Hayes...now, NXT is run by Dusty.

Who am I missing in there.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by FedEx227
                      Jim,

What are your thoughts on Ryback?

I'll hang up and listen for your answer.
                      He's a fucking bum who won't be around after Vince gets bored of him.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Warner or anyone...help me out a little bit...we're discussing WWF/E bookers and the lineage of them...help a nigga out putting all of the pieces together.

Vince Sr. passes it on to Vince Jr. and teams him up with former Jim Crockett booker George Scott.

Scott re-signs from there and its a braintrust of Vince Jr., Pat Patterson, Gorilla, and Blackjack Lanza.

After Russo/Vince, Chris Kreski takes over...WWE does some of their best business.

Paul Heyman takes over Smackdown...after Heyman, its Dusty, then Michael Hayes, and now Ed Koskey.

"Upper Developmental" as I'll call it (ECW/NXT) was Heyman, then Dave Lagana...Dusty was involved at the end, as was Michael Hayes...now, NXT is run by Dusty.

Bill Watts had some say during the mid 90s (late 95-96) I believe.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Watts has some say for a very very short period...I think only a few months.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

They also brought in Jerry Jarrett around 1993 to take over for Vince in case he was convicted. He certainly had some influence in booking around the period.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF

This is pretty much it, plus what the others added. Jim Cornette briefly as well.

In reality we all know Vince books everything big picture and has done so forever. Patterson was more of a details guy (match layouts, finishes, etc) and you can see fingerprints of other people sometimes (Heyman's Smackdown, Russo crash tv) but really at the end of the day all credit and blame ultimately is on Vince.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

This is pretty much it, plus what the others added. Jim Cornette briefly as well.

In reality we all know Vince books everything big picture and has done so forever. Patterson was more of a details guy (match layouts, finishes, etc) and you can see fingerprints of other people sometimes (Heyman's Smackdown, Russo crash tv) but really at the end of the day all credit and blame ultimately is on Vince.
                                Of course...but there were other players...which is what I am trying to get a chronology of. George Scott was one of the guys who really developed the Federation era...but after he left, it was really all Vince Jr with a braintrust of sorts until the purchase of WCW, then it was Vince Jr. with Stephanie underneath him, and then the separate booking teams.

After the Patterson/Gorilla/BJ Lanza/Vince Jr. grouping and until Russo-era...its a bit meek...you still have a lot of Pat Patterson in there, and you had small blips...as mentioned Bill Watts, Jim Cornette (who was only on the committee during the Yokozuna era). Just trying to paint a better picture in that era.

Comment

Working...