• JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Sounds like a bad show.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Just watched this on my DVR, HOLY SHIT this show must have been brutal to watch live.

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

good little write up from my home state

Hello again folks. On this New Years Eve, I wanted to post something special that I feel passionately about. If you know me, you...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
          good little write up from my home state

http://wrestlefanwrites.blogspot.com...ou-should.html
          Good stuff here. I'll comment on a few.

Bolt Brady: Shit ton of potential with a style & look that the east coast indies like. He's built like AR Fox, tall & thin but with good definition. One issue, which is no fault of his own, is that there are a lot of guys very similar to him right now on the indie scene, AR Fox, Ricochet, Shane Strickland, etc. But he's definitely one of the guys who caught my attention when I saw him live. The write up is correct, because Brady does connect with the crowd very well for a relatively young guy.

Carson: Only a matter of time before he's in Florida at Full Sail with a goofy new name. He's everything they look for in terms of look. With no disrespect to the rest of the ACW roster, when The Takeover hits the ring, there is a clear difference in size & presence from most of the rest of the roster. This guy is major league.

Jason Silver: I'm very impressed with this guy. After seeing him live, I sought out some stuff on my own to see more. Yes, he's tiny. But he can go. He takes crazy bumps but he isn't just a stunt show guy. Carries himself well and has a weird (in a good way) charisma about him. He should dabble with a mask and try a new character. Not because he's bad or anything, because I like I said he's very good, and in fact I think he has great facials and projects himself well, but his size & physique is a drawback, so some flashy gear and a mask can cover for that. One of the more impressive people on the show I saw live.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Also, that list is seriously lacking some Matthew Palmer. Maybe he isn't considered "young" anymore, I don't know. But I don't think Palmer himself even realizes the amount of natural charisma he has, plus he can work too. I've seen him do wild brawls, stunt shows, and straight wrestling matches, and do all of them well.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

I think he get lumped in with ACH and Davey Vega ... kind the ACW Three Musketeers. Jordan Jensen and Jasper Davis should be noted as well

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

ROH is doing a TV taping in Baltimore on Saturday. I'm thinking of going. Tickets are 20 dollars. Here is what's announced

-World TV Champion Adam Cole defends vs. BJ Whitmer!

The World TV Title situation heated up behind the scenes after “Final Battle 2012” when first “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett petitioned for a TV Title match based on his victory over Jerry Lynn and then Matt Hardy declared he too wanted a shot since he beat TV Champ Adam Cole that night. However ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness was extremely unhappy with the way that both men won their matches in NYC and refused to grant them a TV title match. Instead Nigel has chosen to reward someone who has shown toughness, heart, and a true dedication to maintaing honor with his fights against S.C.U.M: BJ Whitmer! Nigel is definitely looking to prove a point to both Bennett and Hardy, as well as the rest of the ROH locker room, at what sort of behavior will be tolerated and rewarded in the future...

-“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett w/ Maria & Brutal Bob

Almost in response to Bennett's petition, he must now face the man who defeated him at “Killer Instinct”, another wrestler who was the victim of a questionable loss: “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin! Elgin is looking to get back into the title hunt as well as get his hands on Roderick Strong after the way Roddy beat him in NYC but Bennett needs the win just as badly if he wants to prove he deserves that crack at the TV Title he craves!

-MsChif takes on Athena in Women of Honor action!

-A Four Team Tag Gauntlet will go down!

-“The Self Proclaimed ICON” Matt Hardy will be in singles action!

-And ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness will address the Jay Lethal situation that played out at “Final Battle 2012”

I also saw the Briscoes will face Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Dragon Gate USA California Triple Shot lineups so far:

Jan 25 (only one match announced so far)

Jan 26
                  Tag Team Dream Match
                  The Young Bucks vs. Jimmy Susumu & Ryo Saito

Singles Dream Match
                  Sami Callihan vs. Akira Tozawa

New Stars Coming To LA - Rematch Of Jeff Peterson Cup Finals
                  AR Fox vs. Samuray Del Sol

Jan 27
                  The Main Event
                  The Young Bucks vs. Akira Tozawa & AR Fox

Special Attraction Match
                  Sami Callihan vs. Jimmy Susumu

CIMA is missing the tour. First DGUSA tour I can recall with no CIMA.

You might be asking yourself why Fox and Tozawa are teaming on January 27th since Fox and CIMA are Open The United Gate Champions. The reason is CIMA will not be able to make this tour due to obligations in Japan. The Young Bucks have made it clear that they want the Open The United Gate Titles and have challenged Fox to a match. DGUSA officials told Fox to pick any partner he wanted and Fox has selected Tozawa. This is a true once-in-a-lifetime dream tag team match on January 27th!
                  "Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano, Rich Swann, Chuck Taylor and Arik Cannon are also confirmed for all three California events including January 25th in Santa Maria, CA. "

No Jon Davis or Ricochet (yet)...maybe Ricochet will be in Japan. Japan only sent three guys, Tozawa, Saito, Susumu.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

He can use "John Morrison" and the same gimmick from the WWE?

If Morrison gives a shit and isn't just a flippy bastard...he v. Tozawa should be good.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

That ROH Card looks pretty shitty, Kev.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          He can use "John Morrison" and the same gimmick from the WWE?
                          Never read anything about how he was allowed to keep the name.

Some possible scenarios after his deal expired....

1) WWE said go hog wild, just don't sign with TNA

2) WWE told him to improve, keep the name and they'll do business in the future

3) Morrison got the rights to the name from the beginning

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

He isn't allowed to use the name.

In every other piece of marketing i've seen until that poster, DGUSA has pushed him as "FKA" John Morrison or "John Hennigan".

So unless something changed over the last week or so, gabe is just going the route of a small indie and saying "fuck it, let's see if they care".

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Ah yes, he was using his real name after leaving WWE.

Worst that could happen is Gabe gets a letter telling them to quit it. If they're only promoting him for this one show (for now), no damage.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                                Ah yes, he was using his real name after leaving WWE.

Worst that could happen is Gabe gets a letter telling them to quit it. If they're only promoting him for this one show (for now), no damage.
                                Right, WWE does that all the time, they'll send the letter, gabe will slap "FKA" on the poster, and that'll be that.

PWS is advertising "John Morrison" WrestleMania weekend. In fact, PWS has been thumbing their noses at WWE for many years, always advertising guys on just about every show under trademarked names.

Comment

Working...