• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

This Cena promo is epically terrible

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

I'm really glad I slept through most of RAW, Cena is fucking horrible on the mic.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Since is the Go Home Show.

Here comes the Finisher-Fest.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this but thank god for the Primetime Players.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

Well that was pretty bland.

Comment

• SHOGUN
            4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
            • Jul 2009

They lost me when Ziggler was told he won the first or second spot in the RR.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
              They lost me when Ziggler was told he won the first or second spot in the RR.

They always do shit like that.

Now, obviously, Ziggler will be the Iron Man of the match...

Ziggler should have been the last guy in and been on a mission to get Cena out of the Rumble.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                They always do shit like that.

Now, obviously, Ziggler will be the Iron Man of the match...

Ziggler should have been the last guy in and been on a mission to get Cena out of the Rumble.
                Cena #1, Ziggler #2.

Book it.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

So Brad Maddox is going to screw The Rock.

Comment

• Loco
                    Noob
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                    So Brad Maddox is going to screw The Rock.
                    I actually think this would be a good thing and if thats the case then Mania will be Streak vs Streak match, Punk Vs Taker. I'd look forward to it.

That would require Punk to hold onto the belt for another 76 days I think.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Loco
                      I actually think this would be a good thing and if thats the case then Mania will be Streak vs Streak match, Punk Vs Taker. I'd look forward to it.

That would require Punk to hold onto the belt for another 76 days I think.
                      ::Puts Fantasy Booking Hat on::

Easy enough.

Under some draconian ruling, the Champ has to only defend once a month (the PPV).

Any other time, it's non-title or Punk doesn't fight on TV.

Keep him on Mondays (AKA, the "A" Show) so he only has to be on TV 3 times a month.

6 appearances officially with any House Show appearances set to a predictable match formula (Tag Matches would be great because you could pair him with someone to do all the work and then he'd tag in to do the finish to keep his heat), etc.

With RR out of the way, he'd just have to do Elimination Chamber (Maddox as ref maybe?), win that (maybe have him come out last versus a busted Cena or Ryback or Rock and get the quick finish there too?) and then roll into the program with Taker.

Streak versus Streak like you say with either Taker retiring as Champ or Punk getting the nod and becoming THE #1 Guy.

It's a LOT to ask and book and it'd really be up to Punk if he'd want to do it as it's a long schedule and while I wouldn't doubt his promo skills, eventually the crowd might gain X-Pac heat against him for never losing.
                      TL;DR - Punk doesn't really do much until the PPVs (gives him a chance to heal), goes onto WM (Streak vs. Streak, like Loco said), beats Taker and truly becomes "The Best In The World" or loses and Taker retires as Champ.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

I think Taker retiring as champ would be the best option because then they can do a tournament for the vacant title and use it to put over new stars without really doing any damage to existing stars.

But I thought whoever wins the Rumble fights the Champ at WM. That would mean Taker comes and wins the Rumble. That'd be awesome but I doubt that happens.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                          I think Taker retiring as champ would be the best option because then they can do a tournament for the vacant title and use it to put over new stars without really doing any damage to existing stars.

But I thought whoever wins the Rumble fights the Champ at WM. That would mean Taker comes and wins the Rumble. That'd be awesome but I doubt that happens.
                          They specifically had Cole mention more than once that it could be for either the WWE or WHC belts, and then mentioned Sheamus winning last year, who challenged for the WHC.

I think having Vince on, mentioning he would strip the title because of funny business in the Rumble match, leads me to believe that the main event at Elimination Chamber will be for a vacant title, with a tournament going on for entrants in it throughout February. That is, if they go the direction of Rock not winning. I still think he wins, there is no way Vince gets him to come back and promise the fans he'll hold the title once more if that wasn't the case.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

You know, if last night's RAW was 2h, we'd be talking today like it was a great fucking show. Three good TV matches, great Punk-Rock promo..

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Beat the Clock is a shit gimmick. Hate it.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

At least they didn't do the mini-battle royal to explain how a rumble works.

Comment

Working...