X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

At the end of every major PPV, I want something to surprise me ... and recent Wrestlemanias have not done that. Agreed, solid wrestling show, but this was a paint-by-numbers major PPV ... and Wrestlemania shouldn't be that.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
      At the end of every major PPV, I want something to surprise me ... and recent Wrestlemanias have not done that. Agreed, solid wrestling show, but this was a paint-by-numbers major PPV ... and Wrestlemania shouldn't be that.
      WrestleMania rarely...RARELY offers any kind of surprise. They constantly hit for the single. They constantly prop up the event for the talent to make a "moment" so much so, its almost a parody of itself these days.

And, on the few instances they DID surprise over the course of 29 WrestleManias...most of those ended up pretty lame. The Hogan run-in. The Austin heel turn. Meh.

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Honestly, I think the Wrestlemania moment that surprised me more than any Wrestlemania moment was the crowd's reaction to Hogan-Rock. It was amazing, so natural. Of course, some of the things Jeff Hardy and Shane McMahon did also rate ... even if it was stuntman shit.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

this is the first time in a long time iv lest a wrestle mania excited for whats next ... Taker is likely done till next year, Punk needs some time off, Brock takes a back seat, Jericho goes back to touring ... who is next for Cena .. Barrett? Swagger? Dolph?

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

Cena needs to take boxing classes.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by BigBiss
              this is the first time in a long time iv lest a wrestle mania excited for whats next ... Taker is likely done till next year, Punk needs some time off, Brock takes a back seat, Jericho goes back to touring ... who is next for Cena .. Barrett? Swagger? Dolph?
              The Ryback. They are in the same position now when Cena was out with injury for HIAC. No one at the top.

There's also Christian who deserves a big push (maybe not the WWE title) but he's waiting for them to call him back to work.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                Everything Burns...
                • Nov 2008

Comment

• manchild24
                  Kyle got fired
                  • Nov 2008

free on the computer was fine for me last night.

I just dont excited for this stuff like I use to. I agree with you Dave, way to predictable. Did anyone really think Taker would come back and lose? That HHH would end his career? That Cena wasnt going to win?

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

So is Steve Austin gonna come out tonight and cut a promo about how Rock took his ball and went home?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Supposedly, that nigga is pissed.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

Rock is probably mad that they made him look like a bitch. Seriously, 4 rock bottoms and 2 people's elbows is less effective than ONE AA

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                          War Hero
                          • May 2012

Apparently if Cena turns heel the WWE would go bankrupt. Wonder why Rock is pissed? Maybe they changed the ending last minute on him.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Wow.

per Meltzer:

There is absolute panic at Raw at this moment. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. Rock is not there. The word at the building is he went home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers are in the process of redoing the show, evidently believing the angle has been nixed. Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief right now is Rock is not appearing and hopefully if that changes we'll get an update.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                              Rock is probably mad that they made him look like a bitch. Seriously, 4 rock bottoms and 2 people's elbows is less effective than ONE AA

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

The whole main event last night was built up as "Cena beat Cena, not the Rock" at WM28. So last night Cena goes over clean. Rock lifts his arm. Makes it look like Rock got lucky last year. So what does Rock do tonight? Come out, talk about how Cena was the better man... and then get beat down by Brock and have that be the lasting image of him for a year? Nah fuck that. I'm going to guess they dropped that shit on him in the past 48 hours and said screw that I'm going to go make movies.

Comment

Working...