X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    Anyone watch Slammiversary? I heard it may have been the worst attendance for a major PPV ever
    Given the content, a lot of people probably wouldn't want to see it for free either.

Other than the scant few names you'd remember from their old jobs (see: WWE Castoffs and WCW/ECW old-heads), there's not a lot to want to go in and see TNA's stuff unless you've been following along.

Daniels, Kazarian, AJ, Sabin, Aries and a few other still left standing come from the Indie scene and are well liked but the homegrown guys like Storm, Roode and Gunnar aren't getting the TV time they'd need to make a name for themselves without having to latch onto a bigger name.

Shit, nobody remembered that Gunnar was gone until he just showed up on TV to tag with Storm recently.

Comment

• dave
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
      Anyone watch Slammiversary? I heard it may have been the worst attendance for a major PPV ever
      When your main eventers are a guy who was a tag-team main event 12 years ago, and a guy whose last real main event was 16 years ago, how can this not be expected? Total respect for Bully Ray and Sting ... but that has never and will never be a PPV worth paying for.
      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        According to the feedback, apparently Taryn vs Gail Kim was really good and easily the best match on the show.
        I have read a few recaps...it seems that the X-Division match, the tag team four-way, and Angle-Styles all were liked to some extent.

I didn't watch, but I gotta assume its good for TNA standards.

TNA's biggest problems though...overbooked WCW style main events at PPVs...terrible.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

The tag match was great, but given the amount of talent loaded there, could have lasted a whole lot longer. As it was, the first two teams were eliminated within seconds of each other. The X-Division match was also solid, and the knockouts match was pretty damn good too.

My feelings on AJ/Angle was that the writing team has set up Angle to take the fall there, but then they received word very recently of Angle going into their HOF, and that changed the ending. For the length of match and it's billing as the "second Main Event" it should not have ended on a reversed rollup into a pin. It seems to me that they were booking AJ to be the lone wolf/Sting '97, but weren't planning on him taking the loss. Now that he did, they will probably end up having Hulk make overtures to join "Team TNA" and get his title shot at BFG now. Also, his new music sucks.

They have the talent, they just aren't using them correctly. Sting should not have main evented this show. Sure, give him a match, but definitely not the main event for the title. Time has just passed him by, and there is really no excuse, because there is plenty of talent to throw in there.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

I do not really understand AJ Styles losing.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

I don't understand why nobody reports Aces/8s to the damn police....what with all these hammer attacks.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      I do not really understand AJ Styles losing.
                      It's either because of Angle's HOF night, because you really can't have Angle lose at that point, or because they are setting up him coming back into the TNA fold and being the white knight at BFG and taking the belt from Bubba at BFG.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

The only finish you can do then is some DQ bullshit. If you can't have Angle go down, why take away all of AJ's momentum? It's decisions like these why TNA can't make any money feuds.

Comment

• XavierDZ
                          Noob
                          • Apr 2013

Heard Devitt loved talking shit on twitter on AOW. Good stuff Warner

Comment

• Epidemik
                            Commitment to Excellence
                            • Jul 2009

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Old WWF Programs and advertisements

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

By the time Bound For Glory rolls around, Kurt Angle will have spent more time with TNA than he did in the WWE. Kind of crazy to think about it

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Axel vs. HHH 2 tonight

well Axel had a nice little run...

Comment

Working...