X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FedEx227
    We need to stop the destroy the company angles. They just don't make sense for reasons like this. nWo made sense when they first started because everyone would dive out of the way, they'd take over the camera truck, Bischoff would say to cut away, etc.

If you just go.... TO THE BACK!!!! and the group trying to kill the company has perfect lighting and a two-camera backstage segment its just too stupid.
    Not to mention the announcements paid for by the New World Order. Buying TV time is totally plausible, while getting TNA to constantly work with you in trying to destroy...themselves...not so much. Wait, that makes more sense than anything. TNA has always been it's own worst enemy. Total swerve. Mind blown.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

I forgot that their backstage promos were always disguised as commercials with the that they paid for it. Good call, yeah, totally. Fuck 2013 "DESTROY DA COMPANY" angles.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

WCW was dong a lot right before 1999 or so. It wasn't an accident that they managed to beat Vince for a couple of years. It had very little to do with money. The money helped, but they were presenting a product people dug with good booking & a hot angle Bischoff was smart enough to scoop from Japan and make his own.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          WCW was dong a lot right before 1999 or so. It wasn't an accident that they managed to beat Vince for a couple of years. It had very little to do with money. The money helped, but they were presenting a product people dug with good booking & a hot angle Bischoff was smart enough to scoop from Japan and make his own.
          They had a loooooaded roster. When you think about guys like Malenko, Guerrero, and Jericho not getting bumped up the card, it was because they were paying Sting, Goldberg, Hogan, Nash, Flair, DDP, Luger, Savage, Hart, etc so much money. I think McMahon's move to let Hart go was either the smartest or luckiest decisions ever. WCW drowned in main eventers and probably pulled their hair out trying to book all of them, while the WWF spent 1/4th of their screen time getting Austuin over like gangbusters and 1/4th of the time building up HHH, Rock, Foley, and soon Angle. They kept it simple, while the WCW out-maneuvered everyone to get a completely stacked roster of guys that they didn't have the time or the sense to book right.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Heel Prince Devitt is the best. Gimmick of the year.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Also a W2B wrestling PSA...

If you aren't watching Main Event, start.

Main Event & NXT give you the kind of wrestling show that everybody here always says they want. Main Event always gives you a solid 20+ minute workrate match, plus one or two other shorter ones with ZERO fluff or bullshit. See larry's NXT thread to see what that's all about.
                Much like I gave you geeks to catch up on NXT...

give me...5 matches from the past...month+ that I can watch to get me into the swing of things.

GO.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

Just saw Ricardo Rodriguez go Full Retard after the Del Rio/3MB no-contest with a top rope plancha to the floor.

It all led up to Ziggler v. Del Rio for Monday but it was good to see El Local show his stuff for a short few seconds.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Much like I gave you geeks to catch up on NXT...

give me...5 matches from the past...month+ that I can watch to get me into the swing of things.

GO.
                    Every main event of every show.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Every main event of every show.
                      You can do better that that.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        You can do better that that.
                        That's not me being lazy. The main events get a legit 20+ minutes, sometimes more. And it's always the workhorse types like Cesaro, Sheamus, Bryan, etc.

Lance Storm was on with Bryan Alvarez and said when he was backstage in Calgary last week, a lot of the guys noted to him that they LOVE seeing their name on the Main Event board, because they know they'll get time and a chance to put together some really cool matches.

It's not like NXT because the show doesn't have self contained stories or anything. It's just two or three wrestling matches every week. No interviews. No backstage shenanigans. Nothing but in ring action.

Cesaro vs Sheamus was tits this past week. Hard hitting, really great stuff.

Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 06-07-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Hunico is back!

I'm sure only I care!

Hunico is awesome!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Alex Silva was at the tapings but arrived late which is why his match with Sam Shaw didn’t take place and they did the phantom angle where Silva was beaten up by Aces and 8s in the parking lot.
                              Welp, now we know why Silva was fired.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

In Japan, among the wrestlers, Keiji Muto and Tetsuya Naito have the insider reputation as the best at putting together a match. In WWE, Edge used to be considered one of the best by his peers. Of the current group, Jericho and Punk have the rep and Bryan is getting it. I used to think Bryan was fantastic at match layout in his ROH days. Bryan’s work with Reigns on Smackdown was really impressive and the fact he always has good matches against everyone, even Ryback, speaks volumes. Undertaker has the rep as well because he’s Undertaker. Cena’s rep is that he asks the right questions, totally understands what is needed, but lets the heels do a lot of it and lets Arn Anderson, who is his agent, come up with a lot of his stuff. Of the newer guys, Ambrose is starting to develop a good rep. HHH, Mysterio and Michaels also have good reps in this regard.
                                It speaks volumes that Dean Ambrose is already picking up this kind of rep among WWE people. Especially when you consider Daniel Bryan, who was probably the best wrestler in the world when he signed (and still might be), took this long to start building his.

Comment

Working...