X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    The past month+, he's had the hottest matches and received the biggest reactions from crowds on both RAW and SD, too.
    I don't disagree.

What i'm saying is I think there is a limit to how far they will go with a character like his. That is my issue.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      I don't disagree.

What i'm saying is I think there is a limit to how far they will go with a character like his. That is my issue.
      Well...he's not getting a run as champion, that's more than apparent. So, assuming he remains a babyface (Orton turns heel), highest he can be is the #2 guy underneath Cena. Seems like that's the spot for everyone in the company including Punk, so there's that. While they do have the McMahons on TV talking about how small he is and the 'weak link' storyline, he's still coming off like a legit player based exclusively on his in-ring work.

For now, I'll take it.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

It is undermining all of the positive work he's doing to belittle him without it working into a storyline. That's so McMahon. They kinda get behind him, he's doing nothing but positive things in and out of the ring, and Vince just has to take a jab at him because his physique doesn't get Vince's rocks off. What a douche.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Vince's biggest problem is...15 years later...he's still "I'm Vince McMahon, god damnit!" on television. And apart of that character, is that he puts everyone down. Terrible. It worked 15 years ago when he was building himself up to get his comeuppance...in 2013, its just the boss being counterproductive.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

That's the core of the problem. The Vince character is so clearly the boss and that line has been knocked down so often that when you says something or puts a guy down it's not "EVIL BOSS VINCE MCMAHON WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KICK HIS ASS!" it's just, the guy Vince McMahon. The guy that very clearly runs the company and when he says thinks like that, it doesn't seem irrational or crazy, it seems like "well, that's probably what he actually thinks"
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

They're going for the whole HHH/McMahon battle of wits where they act like a bad combative comedy team from the 20th century.

Gonna be a whole lot more of it this summer

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Wade Keller
                PWTorch has learned that ROH World champion Jay Briscoe and his brother, Mark Briscoe, are gone from Ring of Honor for the foreseeable future. (The status of the ROH Title is unknown at this time.)

The Briscoes's contracts expired and will not be renewed at this time. The decision was made in response to Jay's tweets in early May vowing to shoot anyone who teaches his children about marriage between same-sex couples.

PWTorch has learned that Sinclair Broadcasting, the publicly-traded company that owns ROH, recently became aware of the tweets. ROH had previously tried to handle the issue in-house by having Briscoe issue a public apology and donate his pay from two shows.

Both Briscoes were written off television at Sunday's TV taping in Baltimore, Md. Jay's storyline injury is that he re-injured his shoulder and Mark's injury is that he suffered a "severe concussion." Despite Jay being written off TV, ROH kept the ROH Title on Jay, who defeated Matt Hardy with a small package in their title match taped for television this summer.

After the match, S.C.U.M. delivered a vicious-looking beat down on both Briscoes to write them off television.
                I have about a million issues with this.

1.) How the hell did Sinclair just now find out about the tweet? It was months ago. Just goes to show how much Sinclair is paying attention to ROH.

2.) Why Mark? What did he do?

3.) WHY THE HELL DIDN'T JAY LOSE THE TITLE AT THE TAPINGS????

ROH is a god damn mess.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

Mark probably said he wouldn't stick around if Jay was gone

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

The whole HHH, Vince, Stephanie, Vickie Guerrero thing just comes across as incredibly stupid. Make it end.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                      I have about a million issues with this.

1.) How the hell did Sinclair just now find out about the tweet? It was months ago. Just goes to show how much Sinclair is paying attention to ROH.

2.) Why Mark? What did he do?

3.) WHY THE HELL DIDN'T JAY LOSE THE TITLE AT THE TAPINGS????

ROH is a god damn mess.
                      So....this will be the first time a ROH World Champion is not pinned, but stripped of the belt. If this was EWR, championship prestige (or however it was described) -500 points.

Now, what do they do? WWE apparently isn't interested. Don't see them going to TNA....just more indy work?

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

Chicken farming

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          So....this will be the first time a ROH World Champion is not pinned, but stripped of the belt. If this was EWR, championship prestige (or however it was described) -500 points.

Now, what do they do? WWE apparently isn't interested. Don't see them going to TNA....just more indy work?
                          Briscoes vs Young Bucks, EVOLVE DREAM MATCH

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Better yet, gabe is frothing at the mouth to book a Johnny Gargano squash match over Jay.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Me & Fed give you TWO HOURS of New Japan analysis & breakdown, because New Japan is awesome:

Joe and Rich are back with another monster podcast reviewing the entire New Japan Pro Wrestling Dominion iPPV and preview the July (7/5 and 7/20) NJPW iPPVs. The guys also delve into Ring of Honor’s issues on iPPV and their move to a VOD model, The Briscoe Brothers leaving ROH, if Joe is buying into Daniel Bryan and of course, listener questions!

Joe and Rich are back with another monster podcast reviewing the entire New Japan Pro Wrestling Dominion iPPV and preview the July (7/5 and 7/20) NJPW iPPVs. The guys also delve into Ring of Honor's issues on iPPV and their move to a VOD model, The Briscoe Brothers leaving ROH, if Joe is buying into Daniel Bryan and of course, listener questions!

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

Kinda sucks that a duo like the Briscoes, that have a passion for the business, lose their jobs just because people think everyone should be forced to agree in a PC manner. Guy doesn't think his kids should learn about gay marriage. It's unfortunate, but if you're running the guy out of town over it, you need to get a fuckin life. I'm no bigot personally, but it seems like he's losing his freedom of speech.

Comment

Working...