X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
    They should have done a shorter match with more rest spots. Sting is just bad in the ring at this point.
    I'd watch 1,000 post-50 Sting matches before one Magnus match.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Nothing against any of you watching from a stream, but when I watch PPVs I do purchase them. I take it I didn't miss anything when mine cut out right after Hebner got in Bubba's face.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Terrible. F.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

If not for Angle/Roode, this PPV is without a doubt the worst event of the year.

Even with it, its in full contention. Everything outside of that match was very bad.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

maybe Impact isnt all bad

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

Sting., Hogan and anyone near or over 40 need to go the fuck away.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Meltzer says he *thinks* BFG drew 3500 paid, which he is still trying to confirm, but said that if they did, it's a pretty decent success since WWE draws about 5000 paid in San Diego these days.

TNA should stick to latino markets, and with that said, fuck it, go all the way with Hernandez. They seem to draw best in these places. Lockdown in San Antonio *I think* is their best paid crowd of the year, around 6,000 legit paid (I was there, I saw with my own eyes), and they drew around 3,000 (no idea how many paid) for TV in Corpus Christi (again, I was there, I can't confirm paid but I can confirm upwards of 3,000 in the place).

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

If the TNA tapings are still free I will torture myself with 6+ hours of TNA wrestling

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                    Meltzer says he *thinks* BFG drew 3500 paid, which he is still trying to confirm, but said that if they did, it's a prekgtty decent success since WWE draws about 5000 paid in San Diego these days.

TNA should stick to latino markets, and with that said, fuck it, go all the way with Hernandez. They seem to draw best in these places. Lockdown in San Antonio *I think* is their best paid crowd of the year, around 6,000 legit paid (I was there, I saw with my own eyes), and they drew around 3,000 (no idea how many paid) for TV in Corpus Christi (again, I was there, I can't confirm paid but I can confirm upwards of 3,000 in the place).
                    TNA has done best in England and Latino markets. Hernandez v. Magnus will headline they entire year. Watercooler would be buzzin.

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

LIVE report coming from the water cooler once I'm done with all my required work. I have no doubt it will be a packed house for at least another hour or so.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                          To be fair, even at WWE events, unless its a sell-out type crowd, doesn't have much going for them on the hard cam side.

Crowd looks like shit anyway and they were dead for most of the show...either dead or the sound didn't travel well at all, because you could hear a pin drop most of the show.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

At least when they do half arenas for Smackdown or whatever, it's actually 1/2 of the arena, and they cattle everybody to one side where if they didn't it would just be scattered fans on both sides.

TNA curtains off half the place to start, then herds everybody to one side. So they use like 1/4 of the building, or in the case of Tulsa last week, like 1/8.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

Yeah, it's not great but even at live WWE events (not Raw or Smackdown) the side with the camera is pretty mediocre.

Must suck to work in that type of environment. Can't imagine trying to act like a big deal when you're staring at rows of empty seats. They really need to move to D3 gyms, convention centers, etc.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                                At least when they do half arenas for Smackdown or whatever, it's actually 1/2 of the arena, and they cattle everybody to one side where if they didn't it would just be scattered fans on both sides.

TNA curtains off half the place to start, then herds everybody to one side. So they use like 1/4 of the building, or in the case of Tulsa last week, like 1/8.
                                Breakdown I heard was arena usually holds 12k, they got it down to 7k, Meltzer thinks 3-4k were there.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...