• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
    there are less then you think ... for most promoter is a vanity job
    I'm aware most of these operations don't break even, but there are enough that are in the black without a national TV deal. At some point, TNA is just a bad business.
    Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 10-21-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      And somehow he keeps getting a good pop week after week.......
      One of the more over guys in the company. Doesn't really draw, but he's been over for years.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Not like it will continue to happen, but I could get behind a team of Punk/Langston. Both are definitely more valuable than just a tag team though.
        The best part is that while Heyman enlisted his muscle in Ryback, Langston's in business for himself.

Turns out that that business coincides with kicking Heyman's Lackey's asses and that helps Punk.

On another note, all of this Danielson/Orton feuding says to me is that homeboy's gonna get betrayed in a BIG way.

EDIT: Big Show/Orton/HBK/HHH/Steph all ROFLStomping Danielson in the Cell would stroke egos and piss everyone off but it makes sense in wrestling terms.

Everyone's TOO ON THE NOSE about how much they want to help him.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Whole thing sucks. I gave it time but it's turned into every HHH angle ever. Larry was right, I should've just listened and stopped having faith.

The closing promo was all about how Daniel Bryan was mediocre. Turned into a HHH vs. HBK discussion (HHH vs. Nash) and the final scene of the go-home show was Big Show doing something dastardly to distract Orton.

And this gets stop-start Daniel Bryan over how?

Fucking stupid. HHH is the focal point. Big Show is the here. HBK is the X-Factor and yeah, it's off the rails completely.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by FedEx227
            Whole thing sucks. I gave it time but it's turned into every HHH angle ever. Larry was right, I should've just listened and stopped having faith.

The closing promo was all about how Daniel Bryan was mediocre. Turned into a HHH vs. HBK discussion (HHH vs. Nash) and the final scene of the go-home show was Big Show doing something dastardly to distract Orton.

And this gets stop-start Daniel Bryan over how?

Fucking stupid. HHH is the focal point. Big Show is the here. HBK is the X-Factor and yeah, it's off the rails completely.
            If that's how they want to play things, and have Danielson take the title eventually, he never should have beaten Cena. They should have had the two beat the crap out of each other, called the match on a 10 count, then have Orton cash in. But then they couldn't do the "best for business" angle.

Doing it this way, they should have Danielson retaining against all odds, not chasing.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

They just had three straight pay per views with false finishes. They get a full crowd pop three times for Bryan winning the title. When he finally really wins it...I fear its lost its luster. He'll still get a huge pop, but it won't be the same like he got at SummerSlam where it was truly a monster pop.

Also, Triple H is the dirt worst...how many dudes has he run down in this COO role already? Nothing turns me off more than when you got these guys who are authority figures running down talent saying they aren't really good. Way to sell the product.

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Yup, yesterday was too much to me. Took it too far (as usual, that's nothing new) but basically degraded Bryan to the point where even if he does win it, he's already likened to Jericho/RVD who HHH conveniently also said were never "the man". It's nothing. He wins, it won't matter, fans may like it in the crowd but the writing is on the wall on how they'll push him.

There's a way to say you don't want him to be champion while not making him a lesser guy, but TRIPS just can't do that.

I believe in his path of destruction this go-around: Bryan, Ziggler, Miz, Truth, RVD, Jericho... feel free to add anyone I missed.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

If that's how they want to play things, and have Danielson take the title eventually, he never should have beaten Cena. They should have had the two beat the crap out of each other, called the match on a 10 count, then have Orton cash in. But then they couldn't do the "best for business" angle.

Doing it this way, they should have Danielson retaining against all odds, not chasing.
                  I stated from the beginning I was cool with the chase if it was done well. I was fine with them taking the title away from them because he was a threat and not their model citizen but rightfully the best damn wrestler in the world.

Instead, he's not their model champion, he's short and he'll never be "the man". Completely not the way to do it. Vince NEVER said Austin wasn't a good wrestler or the man, he just didn't want a beer-drinking, swearing guy as his champion. Apples and oranges but I shouldn't be surprised. It's Triple H on screen and he can't be bothered to try to enhance his product if it means he may take a few licks.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

SummerSlam didn't do great business. Numbers haven't come out, but Night of Champions and Battleground are expected to have underwhelming buys. They've now stacked the deck for the Hell in a Cell PPV. Bringing back Cena early, Michaels involved...if the event doesn't do well, they'll blame Bryan...but they should blame themselves. Terrible booking, plus terrible sell of Bryan as the top guy is what makes shit like that happen.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Jericho got sucked right in...

Thing is @tripleh despite ur major push,u never were either. Good luck in ur future endeavours @emmrichr84: Not the one @TripleH? I disagree

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Jericho got sucked right in...

Thing is @tripleh despite ur major push,u never were either. Good luck in ur future endeavours @emmrichr84: Not the one @TripleH? I disagree
                        I smell an angle personally.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                          War Hero
                          • May 2012

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

I smell an angle personally.
                            Anytime anyone mentions Jericho on TV or on Twitter, he responds...schtick or not, he always does. Its not the first time Triple H has mentioned him in the same vein and Jericho responded in kind.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

So did this air on RAW?

Comment

Working...