X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    That match was the longest 30m match I've ever seen.
    Is it weird that my mind IMMEDIATELY went to the image of HHH using the sledgehammer to get out of a Powerbomb...

And then see the tiny hammer that Sabin used because he's a Cruiser?

I'm a bad person.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      DUMB DUMB DUMB
      That was a match that they should have taken the audience all of the way to the point where Sabin was about to win it...used the hammer and everything...and had Bubba kick out and win the match with heel shenanigans or a roll up or something cheap. Have the crowd going nuts, only to take it away and go off the air.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

GREG MARASCIULO

"An Italian 26 year old ten year pro from Long Island"

lololololololololol

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Had to step out to take care of something for work, but regardless of the match, good job for TNA giving the ball to Sabin. I just wonder how long he's holding it for.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            GREG MARASCIULO

"An Italian 26 year old ten year pro from Long Island"

lololololololololol

I am glad I am not the only one laughing at that shit.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              Had to step out to take care of something for work, but regardless of the match, good job for TNA giving the ball to Sabin. I just wonder how long he's holding it for.
              likely just enough time to allow them to do a Hogan/Bully match without having to book around the title

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Legit dying at these geeks on twitter/forums bitching about Sabin as a WORLD CHAMPION, as if it matters who your champion is in 2013, especially in TNA of all places.

TNA doesn't have a single difference maker on the roster, and will do the same 1.2 million viewers and half filled arenas no matter who has the title. It makes no difference. It was a cool TV moment, it's getting some buzz, so who cares? This isn't 1988 where putting the belt on the wrong guy will kill business.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

I thought it was a really bad match.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

I didn't like it either.

I figured Bully would hold it through October and then drop it to whomever (AJ?) in a big celebration moment. To throw it away on a meaningless TV show to Sabin in the manner it happened, ugh. The guy who's knee is apparently injured is okay with flying to do aerial moves and then needs to use the hammer to finally beat Bully.

Maybe it's just I don't like Sabin as a singles guy.....and I know none of this impacts business one way or the other, but they're just gonna have Sabin drop it right back anyway. What's the point?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

The commentary was very refreshing without Tazz.

It was really good when Tenay was all alone, like Joey Styles circa 1996.

The whole show had a big show feel, it really felt different than a standard Impact.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        I didn't like it either.

I figured Bully would hold it through October and then drop it to whomever (AJ?) in a big celebration moment. To throw it away on a meaningless TV show to Sabin in the manner it happened, ugh. The guy who's knee is apparently injured is okay with flying to do aerial moves and then needs to use the hammer to finally beat Bully.

Maybe it's just I don't like Sabin as a singles guy.....and I know none of this impacts business one way or the other, but they're just gonna have Sabin drop it right back anyway. What's the point?
                        It was 30 minutes long and sloooooooooooooooooooow. Bully Ray beats him up for what...25 of it, where he is fumbling around with his gear, doing the slow burn beat down, MEM and A+8s come down, do their thing, and then Sabin gets a cheapy win. No sir, I didn't like it.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

The commentary was very refreshing without Tazz.

It was really good when Tenay was all alone, like Joey Styles circa 1996.

The whole show had a big show feel, it really felt different than a standard Impact.
                          JB is infinitely better than Taz. You forget that Tenay can be decent if he's got people around him that don't drag a show down.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

If you've seen me raving about Main Event, hopefully you didn't finally give it a shot tonight. Worst show in ages.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

If you've seen me raving about Main Event, hopefully you didn't finally give it a shot tonight. Worst show in ages.
                              I always check spoilers and see whats featured. Main Event is a fast forward-centric show. I'll get to the one good match and thats about it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                I always check spoilers and see whats featured. Main Event is a fast forward-centric show. I'll get to the one good match and thats about it.
                                It's always the same formula. First match is around 20 minutes, and usually very good with your Cesaro/OrtonSheamus types. Then they give you one or two more shorter ones. If it's Tons of Funk or divas I handwave it, but sometimes you get Uso's or a good enhancement match with a good jobber type like Slater, Gabriel, etc.

Comment

Working...