X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
    So Jeff Hardy said he wrestled his final TNA match, and thanked the fans for support. Could be a work because he can't attend the upcoming UK tour, and I thought he signed on for two years last time.

The swamp is being drained I guess.
    Wouldn't shock me if true, he's been deemphasized lately to the point I forgot he was there until the tournament.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Wouldn't shock me if true, he's been deemphasized lately to the point I forgot he was there until the tournament.
            Already taking independent bookings. Apparently TNA didn't offer him a raise, but also couldn't even offer him what he made previously. What a joke.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

AJ Styles is reportedly done as well continuing the great tradition of having non-contracted wrestlers hold important titles.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                AJ Styles is reportedly done as well continuing the great tradition of having non-contracted wrestlers hold important titles.

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

TNA Spoiler

He comes back on TV, loses to Magnus and thanks the fans. PAYOFF!
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Lets keep it real though...for TNA...does it really matter if they have Angle, Sting, Hardy, Styles? None of those guys really moved the needle, and if they did, it was minimal. TNA fans don't buy PPVs nor show up to house shows anyway. They get their consistent one million viewers to tune into Impact every week with little deviation and Spike seems to be content. If they can do it with Pretty Peter Avalon and Derrick Bateman, why spend the excessive, unnecessary funds on the high end guys, which, as mentioned, don't move the needle anyway.

They've been in super cost cutting mode for many months now and they are still getting their one million viewers.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

I just want a good mainstream alternative

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                        I just want a good mainstream alternative
                        New Japan

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Lets keep it real though...for TNA...does it really matter if they have Angle, Sting, Hardy, Styles? None of those guys really moved the needle, and if they did, it was minimal. TNA fans don't buy PPVs nor show up to house shows anyway. They get their consistent one million viewers to tune into Impact every week with little deviation and Spike seems to be content. If they can do it with Pretty Peter Avalon and Derrick Bateman, why spend the excessive, unnecessary funds on the high end guys, which, as mentioned, don't move the needle anyway.

They've been in super cost cutting mode for many months now and they are still getting their one million viewers.
                          Sadly, this is all true.

And the most expensive one is still on payroll because Dixie is a mark for him.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

I'm still amazed there's that 1 million. I didn't think they existed until I went into the Asylum, and yeah, they exist but wow.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                              TNA Spoiler

He comes back on TV, loses to Magnus and thanks the fans. PAYOFF!
                              When you have a burgeoning young hot charismatic future star like Magnus and have a chance to push him all the way, you do it.

In all seriousness, it's not the worst idea to try someone new, but it shouldn't be Magnus, and whoever it is should be a babyface ffs.

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

But where's the build? Again, why is it rocket science to figure out what to do with a guy on the way out?

Everyone is trying to emulate the CM Punk model but you and I both know Punk had a contract well before that, they wouldn't have done it otherwise. Before Punk there was a way to send a guy out and it was a way to get guys over in the wake. Now with literally no build whatsoever ever, Magnus is your new "guy" and the world shrugs.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...