X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Leftwich
    I agree. His in ring stuff is basically the same since he got called up and his promos are just fucking weird. I might be too dumb to understand what he's talking about but most of the time it just sounds like a rant about nothing. I also hate when the E force feeds us shit. Outside of Brodie Lee none of these guys have really paid their dues, especially not Rowan who is god awful in the ring and seems like a real douchebag in person. Now i'm ranting.
    They are weird, but it's back to the "higher power" theme. They will throw a swerve sooner or later.

I honestly don't care about the promos. They almost never have Harris wrestle, and that's what I think has killed the character.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
      No longer a noob
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      They are weird, but it's back to the "higher power" theme. They will throw a swerve sooner or later.

I honestly don't care about the promos. They almost never have Harris wrestle, and that's what I think has killed the character.
      I think it's smart to never have him wrestle. It's a good way to protect his lack of main event readiness in the ring, as mentioned earlier. He's still a prominent figure on the show, but almost never makes a complete ass of himself in the ring ala Ryback or Prton, who are loathed by a great number of fans and could probably benefit from being presented in the "less is more" way that Wyatt is.

Comment

• Spidey
        • Feb 2009

Seems something may be up with Ryback and he may have been released.

Ryback has been in rare form on Twitter today. Here are some of his tweets, with one referring to the concussion he gave Dolph Ziggler:

"Forearm gave The Showoff a concussion. Excessive hand grip use n rock hard muscle is reported 2 have been the cause n has been disciplined"

"Not only have you the internet community praised me for my power and strength, but you have taken notice of my technical abilities."

"You chant past World Champions names at me as I am a Champion of Champions in all your hearts so thank you. 2014 is our year."

"Did you know 1 in 3 online internet wrestling reporters go on to work for acclaimed establishments like Wall Street and Money Magazine."

"Internet BREAKING NEWS alert the dirt sheets ASAP Ryback was born a human and has a real name of Ryan Reeves! It is even on his twitter. WOW"

"Ryback Fact: The Big Guy is a believer in Tweet n Delete. Nobody has ever deleted more tweets than the Human Wrecking Ball!"

"Rumors circulating Ryback is being discussed to be the new Terminator in 2015. His ring entrance will soon include electricity and nudity."

"Stay tuned NEW Ryback The Big Guy t shirt coming soon! Ryback Rules shirt sold 750 thousand shirts in 2013. Thank you for making me rich."
        After the interesting evening Ryback had on Twitter today, he has deleted every tweet and now has a blank timeline on Twitter. Here's one of the tweets he made before clearing everything out:

"I once botched my finish on live tv against Tensai. Not one to make excuses but was deathly sick had not eaten all day and he sandbagged me"

Ryback then deleted all of his tweets and wrote that he was released. He then deleted that tweet but here's a screencap:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1937[/ATTACH]
        Could see this being a twitter "hacking" but wouldn't mind it if true and I didnt have to watch him wrestle anymore.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

He was goofing on twitter, he does this all of the time and then deletes everything. Yesterday he went especially mental.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Ol boy must get really bored.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Ol boy must get really bored.
              After all, he's working SuperStars and part of a jobber tag team. I can see it.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Unification of the US and IC titles is possible at Elimination Chamber. My guess would be Big E taking the win to further fracture the relationship of the Shield.

So that takes both old WCW titles out of the picture and leaves them with three titles- WWE, IC and Tag Team. I guess with how they book them that's enough.

Comment

• Ravin
                  Dishing the Gino's
                  • Feb 2009

Unification of the US and IC titles is possible at Elimination Chamber. My guess would be Big E taking the win to further fracture the relationship of the Shield.

So that takes both old WCW titles out of the picture and leaves them with three titles- WWE, IC and Tag Team. I guess with how they book them that's enough.
                  They need to, because honestly, having both champions is stupid, and US title has hardly been defended because it was put on Ambrose. As soon as Rollins and Reigns lost the tag titles, they should have had Ambrose drop his. It looks foolish when he carries it around.

Last raw when he jumped the rail, he tossed the title on the ground and got in the ring. Rollins picked it up and gave it back to him. Shows how much it means.

I'm cool with World, IC, and Tag champions (obvious divas champ is obvious). They have been doing such a good job with the tag division (slipping a little right now) and great to see it getting some highlights. Big E is giving the IC title the 'workhorse' treatment again, which is what it always ways.

Don't think the WWE could handle a 5th title right now.
                  All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Now that you've consolidated the WHC and the WWE Title, I wouldn't consolidate the US and IC belt.

Let the US belt be the low to mid-card belt and let the IC belt rise to the defacto #2. Roster is too big for only two singles champs and the WWE has proven time and time again, if you aren't around a title, they have little for you.

Comment

• Ravin
                      Dishing the Gino's
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Now that you've consolidated the WHC and the WWE Title, I wouldn't consolidate the US and IC belt.

Let the US belt be the low to mid-card belt and let the IC belt rise to the defacto #2. Roster is too big for only two singles champs and the WWE has proven time and time again, if you aren't around a title, they have little for you.
                      I was thinking that after I posted that WWE with a three hour show, is to big to have just 2 singles titles. And looking at your post, it makes sense on a lot of levels, though I think the WWE would have to do the job of distinguishing the titles to mean that, so people don't think the US is better than the IC. A lot of guys on the roster could do a good US run at the lower tier.

I look at a guy like Kofi Kingston or right now The Miz as a US champion. Their little feud was really stupid and had no meaning behind it, but maybe throw a title picture in there, and has some meaning. Not saying the title should make the feud, but would help the lower guys.

Just quickly going through the roster, guys who are not ready for the IC, but could use a lower tier US run would be like, Barrett, Brodus Clay, all of 3MB (lol), Gabriel, Santino, Tensai, Tyson Kidd, Zach Ryder, and probably a few others, like The Miz who has become irrelevant.

But then you look at that list of wrestlers who are not in the IC title picture and you have to ask yourself, do you really want to see feuds with these guys. Some of them would be ok, but I think it would turn into a joke really quickly.
                      All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

Is it possible that they have plans to come out with another title i.e. Cruiserweight? That would be the only thing I could think of, retire the US title because it has become irrelevant as it's never defended until they change who holds it. But Raw is a three hour show, and you have a two hour Smackdown, it doesn't make sense to have just two belts.

Comment

• Ravin
                          Dishing the Gino's
                          • Feb 2009

Is it possible that they have plans to come out with another title i.e. Cruiserweight? That would be the only thing I could think of, retire the US title because it has become irrelevant as it's never defended until they change who holds it. But Raw is a three hour show, and you have a two hour Smackdown, it doesn't make sense to have just two belts.
                          I was thinking of that, but with guys like Punk and Bryan who are in that weight range, yet are main eventers, the weight class thing gets pushed aside. Though guys like Gabriel and Kingston could probably put on some good matches in that division.

Add in Tatsu, Evan Bourne (if you can find him), Sin Cara, Xavier Woods, Zach Ryder, Slater and Kidd, and a few others I'm probably missing, and you could have a well rounded division with some guys who can go. Be interesting to see them given some good match time treatment and not having to jam everything into 5 minutes.

Other guys beyond that title, but in that weight class would be R-Truth, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler.

I just think right now, you can't do a title like that because the smaller guys are now the norm. This isn't the age where everyone was 275-300 pounds, or rather billed as that. Hell a guy like Curtis Axel is being billed as 228. Guy drops 3 pounds and he is in that division. And I don't think anyone would see Axel, Truth, Miz or Ziggler as 'lightweights' in this day in age.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

If they add the much rumored curiserwieght show for the network, I would assume there would be a title. But it would likely be self contained on the show.

I've always thought each B-show should be assigned a B-title. Even if unofficially. For example, you could build Superstars around the US title, Main Event around the tag belts, or whatever. It would give those shows more week to week episodic focus, and would give guys a chance to work real programs which keeps the talent focused. These guys get bored, just like you do at your job, when they aren't challenged or kept sharp. See: Dolph Ziggler when he isnt in the mix for anything. Shelton Benjamin.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Comment

• BigBiss
                                • Mar 2009

If they are going to do a CW show they should focus more on the style then the weight, call it the "High Octane" Belt or what ever buzz word there marketing department thinks up

Comment

Working...