X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

Yes, sorry, my math was off 20 announced.

Weird. My guess is Punk dominates the first half, gets screwed by Authority. Batista comes in second half, dominates, wins and profit?

This SHOULD be Daniel Bryan's spot, let's be honest, you called it months and months ago as one of the big payoffs and it SHOULD be the big story, obviously, it won't be though.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

And I know everyone was huge into Batista during his "I don't give a fuck" heel run before he left but I'll be one of the first to say I'm already bored of him. Moreover, he looks TINY now and I'm not a big physique guy, I don't really care but if he's supposedly this monster that must be pushed, he certainly doesn't look the part. Randy Orton looked like a giant standing up to him.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

I don't think Bryan needs it anymore. Michigan St rushed the Wyatt angle, which was going to be that long term catalyst deal.

I think (fear?) they're doing the predictable wire-to-wire deal with Punk. I HATE HATE HATE the wire-to-wire Rumble winner because the commentators treat the audience like children and give it away 30 seconds into the match and hold your hand the entire way.

Agree on Batista. He didn't even get a pop. They kind of sabotaged it by not making it a surprise, but still. And he looked like a John Malkovich lackey from Rounders.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            I don't think Bryan needs it anymore. Michigan St rushed the Wyatt angle, which was going to be that long term catalyst deal.

I think (fear?) they're doing the predictable wire-to-wire deal with Punk. I HATE HATE HATE the wire-to-wire Rumble winner because the commentators treat the audience like children and give it away 30 seconds into the match and hold your hand the entire way.

Agree on Batista. He didn't even get a pop. They kind of sabotaged it by not making it a surprise, but still. And he looked like a John Malkovich lackey from Rounders.
            They need to give Bryan something with nuts. He is super over, but not yet a draw. You may discredit the belt, but Bryan needs the belt. Not all champions are draws...but all draws are champions, or at least have a good run with the title as THE GUY. I can't think of any legit draws off the top of my head that didn't get the title in any territory or promotion.

Its awesome that he is so over, but he needs to go from SUPER OVER GUY to BIG DRAW.

As for Batista...never gave a single fuck about him ever. I was happy that he was usually over on Smackdown, and don't often watch Smackdown in total so I oft missed his shit when he was around. Monday Night, he was dressed in the most ridiculous outfit. Pretty sure that was one of Maria Kanellis' hoodie gimmicks he was wearing.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
              So, Daniel Bryan isn't in the Rumble, is he? I posed the question on Twitter and immediately had a flood of "NO NO HES IN HE HAS TO BE"

They've announced 22 or so names, sprinkle in some surprises here and there... what do you guys think?
              # 30 ... also please put over 27 again ...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                They need to give Bryan something with nuts. He is super over, but not yet a draw. You may discredit the belt, but Bryan needs the belt.
                Is there any doubt at this point that this is going to happen?

His mega push only started 4 or 5 months ago, guys.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Joey Ryan still throwing bombs

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Is there any doubt at this point that this is going to happen?

His mega push only started 4 or 5 months ago, guys.
                    Technically...6.

Bryan is going to win the title at some point...but when?

Now, word is he isn't even going to be in the Rumble to win it. So, he's not going to "main event" WrestleMania for the title. Is he still going to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania? Is he going to face Michaels? Triple H? Lesnar? What is on his plate for Mania? Not looking like a title win. So, now we move beyond Mania...

Drag this out to Mania and now he's going 9 months without the title in a major push that kind of revolves around the idea of him getting the title at some point.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

He gives no fucks at this point.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

I still have a hard time believing that Hugh Morris, who was probably the 200th best wrestler in WCW in the post-Nitro era, is not onoy a big time trainer for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world, but he's training arguably the most talented new influx of talent in 20 years. Maybe more. Like, I've known Demott has been there and been a trainer, but having someone bring it up and make you actually think about it makes my head hurt.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                          No longer a noob
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Technically...6.

Bryan is going to win the title at some point...but when?

Now, word is he isn't even going to be in the Rumble to win it. So, he's not going to "main event" WrestleMania for the title. Is he still going to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania? Is he going to face Michaels? Triple H? Lesnar? What is on his plate for Mania? Not looking like a title win. So, now we move beyond Mania...

Drag this out to Mania and now he's going 9 months without the title in a major push that kind of revolves around the idea of him getting the title at some point.
                          They would need to drastically change the title scene for him to get it at WM. I don't think a Cena re-match is big enough for him at WM. He pretty much has to face UT. But that won't be a title match. Brock could be, but they've all but buried him for what he should be.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

The talent Bill DeMott is "training" are guys that have done more in one year than DeMott in his life and plenty have already trained talent themselves.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                              No longer a noob
                              • Apr 2011

It'd be like if Freddie Mitchell became the Lions WRs coach. How is THAT GUY gonna critique Megatron? That guy was in the shittiest of the shit in WCW, and I don't even remember him in WWE.

Alroght, no cheating! We've got quite a few wrestling encyclopedias here. Who honestly remembers one feud Hugh Morris was in?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                                It'd be like if Freddie Mitchell became the Lions WRs coach. How is THAT GUY gonna critique Megatron? That guy was in the shittiest of the shit in WCW, and I don't even remember him in WWE.

Alroght, no cheating! We've got quite a few wrestling encyclopedias here. Who honestly remembers one feud Hugh Morris was in?
                                No cheating...

Lance Storm.

Comment

Working...