X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FedEx227
    TNA always does the late-WCW deal with bringing in guys or having their guys say they are going to "bring them back" or "get them back on top" or "beat the guys up north", etc.

It's just so dumb. I don't expect them to go out and say "we are the top wrestling company in the world" but if you constantly tell us you're second and you suck now but are TRYING to bring it back how do you expect fans to buy-in?!
    I've never really bought into that. Wrestling companies always have shitty dialogue and fans always just tune it out if it gets too stupid. I don't think it would matter if TNA had a good in-ring product, sensible booking, and generally competent employees (or ownership) top to bottom.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

I LOATHE "mystery investor" angle that turns into a former wrestler...

wCw made a habit of it toward the end. The WWE even went on a kick with this awful concept in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
        I've never really bought into that. Wrestling companies always have shitty dialogue and fans always just tune it out if it gets too stupid. I don't think it would matter if TNA had a good in-ring product, sensible booking, and generally competent employees (or ownership) top to bottom.
        Shitty dialogue is different than saying "Hey the product you're currently watching, investing time in and possibly paying money for isn't worth shit but I'M (mystery investor, new commissioner, returning star, etc.) am going to make it better!"

It may be a chicken and egg scenario but companies on their death bed do this. Look, in 1996 Bret Hart didn't come out and say "Now we are getting our asses kicked in the ratings right now but I'm the new World Wrestling Federation Champion and I'm going to get us back to the top". It would've seemed insane, there's a self-confidence that comes with your company. I think that would've made a lot more people look around and go "Wait, is this company dying, should I stop being so invested?" Remember back in that age, if you weren't an Observer subscriber you had no idea they were in the financial shits. They were days away from shutting down in 1996, taking out loans left and right but the announcers, wrestlers and the general tone of the product was "This is the best product out there."

Ring of Honor didn't have AJ Styles come out and say "Roderick Strong, this guy sucks, I'm back to bring ROH back to when it actually meant something in the early 2000s". That dialogue does absolutely nothing but hurt you and your company.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

One of the main reasons I fell in love with ECW was because the company projected itself as second to nobody.

Those two big companies in Atlanta and New York? Fuck them, they suck, we're the best everything in wrestling right now. WATCH US. Didn't matter if it was in front of a few thousand or 40 people...they let you know they were the best thing going.

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

LA commission could not stop them ...

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Alright, watching IMPACT for the first time in 14 episodes (that is the number on my DVR, anyway)...

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Impact should be a UK promotion.

This Rockstar Spud character is ridiculously ridiculous.

Comment

• Ravin
                  Dishing the Gino's
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                  http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-...t-wrestlemania

LA commission could not stop them ...
                  So just move the shows to Oakland, or San Jose has a bunch of places to hold bigger events. Sure it doesn't have the same thing as being in the same city, but it isn't like there isn't other options. And on a Saturday night if you are looking for a wrestling show for your weekend Oakland is across the water, and San Jose is under an hour.
                  All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Missy Hyatt ain't lyin...Dixie is in every fuckin segment or transition.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
                      So just move the shows to Oakland, or San Jose has a bunch of places to hold bigger events. Sure it doesn't have the same thing as being in the same city, but it isn't like there isn't other options. And on a Saturday night if you are looking for a wrestling show for your weekend Oakland is across the water, and San Jose is under an hour.
                      Exactly. It's a non story. Gabe already booked a building, and there are probably literally thousands of private owned small to medium sized buildings in the bay area.

WWE is pissed because WrestleCon set up shop in New Orleans literally across the street from Axxess. They'll probably cut these deals with the municipalities moving forward, but that'll just be a minor inconvenience.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Impact should be a UK promotion.

This Rockstar Spud character is ridiculously ridiculous.
                        Spud, ECIII, Austin Aries, Bad Influence.

The rest is utter shit.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Spud, ECIII, Austin Aries, Bad Influence.

The rest is utter shit.
                          Perhaps there is something to this new BroMans incarnation with DJ Zema as well. Can't forget the Wolves. They look good in black suits.

Also, is Davey SHORTER than Rockstar Spud? Isn't Rockstar Spud a legit 5'4"?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Perhaps there is something to this new BroMans incarnation with DJ Zema as well. Can't forget the Wolves. They look good in black suits.

Also, is Davey SHORTER than Rockstar Spud? Isn't Rockstar Spud a legit 5'4"?
                            It would be nice if the Wolves would ever wrestle.

Zema makes that act. He really is great.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Whatever happened to the Wolves coming in and squashing the Bromans in their first match to win the titles?

Wasn't that in the cards? They turn them into MVP's muscle?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Whatever happened to the Wolves coming in and squashing the Bromans in their first match to win the titles?

Wasn't that in the cards? They turn them into MVP's muscle?
                                Something about the commission in whatever state they were in two weeks ago.

Also, forgot about SAM SHAW and his Pat Bateman/Dexter Morgan hybrid. I love that too.

Comment

Working...