X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Ezekial Jackson won the ECW Title from Christian six years ago.

SIX YEARS AGO.

Hard to believe Christian has been back for like seven years, and even harder to believe that Jackson has been off of TV and in witness protection for SIX YEARS.

WWE ECW has been dead for about the same amount of time that the original ECW was alive.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      Ezekial Jackson won the ECW Title from Christian six years ago.

SIX YEARS AGO.

Hard to believe Christian has been back for like seven years, and even harder to believe that Jackson has been off of TV and in witness protection for SIX YEARS.

WWE ECW has been dead for about the same amount of time that the original ECW was alive.
      Damn. Really?

What in the fuck happened to Zeke Jackson?

Surely, Big E took the lone "big muscley savage negro" role on the roster.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

The last thing of note Big Zeke did was ask us a question for Lance Archer.

His last PPV appearance was in a US Title #1 Contenders Battle Royal at Over The Limit 2012. Before that was 2012 Royal Rumble and last major singles match was August 9, 2011 IC Title lost to Cody Rhodes.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Cena is on some other level shit.

Guy is really putting in work on television.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

He's been good for quite a few years now. People that criticize Cena for in-ring work are out of their god damn mind. I mean, sure when he faces a green as hell Chris Masters he's not going to be good but the improvement of the roster around him has allowed him to take his in-ring work to another level as well.

I'll be honest, looking through the lineage of the WWE's top-top guys, he may be the best. Austin was good but most of his Attitude-era matches in the main event were brawls through the crowd. The Rock had a solid run but I don't know if his body of work is nearly as good as Cena. Hogan, please. Michaels is the only one I'd argue.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

People dislike his character. I could shoot his dad in the head on a PPV and on RAW he'd come out all smiles.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                He's been good for quite a few years now. People that criticize Cena for in-ring work are out of their god damn mind. I mean, sure when he faces a green as hell Chris Masters he's not going to be good but the improvement of the roster around him has allowed him to take his in-ring work to another level as well.

I'll be honest, looking through the lineage of the WWE's top-top guys, he may be the best. Austin was good but most of his Attitude-era matches in the main event were brawls through the crowd. The Rock had a solid run but I don't know if his body of work is nearly as good as Cena. Hogan, please. Michaels is the only one I'd argue.
                I would like to think Warner and myself were in on the ground floor of the "Cena is actually good" narrative.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                  This is an interesting talking point.

I'd take him over Hogan & Rock with no thought.

Austin was a better worker, but you are right "Stone Cold" was a brawling gimmick for the most part. But when Austin wanted to go, I think he was better and more consistent.

I'd probably take Hart, but he wasn't asked to work on TV every week, so maybe not.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    I would like to think Warner and myself were in on the ground floor of the "Cena is actually good" narrative.
                    Also a rare instance where I completely agree with the wacky PWO type crowd. They love Cena.

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

I totally blanked on Hart. Him and HBK are definite contenders.

I think this is a potential article when I'm done with this Elimination Chamber piece.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Hart had that hot TV run on Superstars when they were establishing him as champ with the "He'll face anyone!" gimmick against guys like Backlund, Virgil, etc. Different era, different match styles, but he was asked to have 6 minute matches while Cena is asked to go 20. I can promise you Cena shits the bed vs the Virgil's of the world, but when he's with another good worker, Cena is as good as anyone in a 20 minute TV match.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Hart had that hot TV run on Superstars when they were establishing him as champ with the "He'll face anyone!" gimmick against guys like Backlund, Virgil, etc. Different era, different match styles, but he was asked to have 6 minute matches while Cena is asked to go 20. I can promise you Cena shits the bed vs the Virgil's of the world, but when he's with another good worker, Cena is as good as anyone in a 20 minute TV match.
                          Cena has had much better matches out of the likes of Mark Henry, Great Khali, Umaga, and others mid-00's heel of the months than anyone deserves to...especially in retrospect.

Cena has really stepped up his game now that he is working with better workers. He gets in there and works right with them. Just melds his style with whoever he is working with. Everyone gets their shit in. And it works.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

The Khali match is his Ric Flair/Junkyard Dog equivalent.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

I am very curious as to why everyone in and around the business mentions "Randy Orton" every time they talk about guys in the ring.

They talk about him being some next-level in-ring guy, and I just have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. Anytime any of the wrestlers in or just out of the WWE or even some sort of management or someone close to the company about "top guys"...Randy Orton has been mentioned FOR YEARS.

I have no idea as to why.

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Cena has had much better matches out of the likes of Mark Henry, Great Khali, Umaga, and others mid-00's heel of the months than anyone deserves to...especially in retrospect.

Cena has really stepped up his game now that he is working with better workers. He gets in there and works right with them. Just melds his style with whoever he is working with. Everyone gets their shit in. And it works.
                                I think the Umaga match from Royal Rumble I believe is when I finally saw the light on him and began to think of him as a good worker. And you're right, he had a somewhat solid match with Khali which is a god damn miracle.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...